16 replies to this topic

#1 888

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

Well now, that explains it.

Jesus Could Have Walked on Ice, Scientist Says

Rare conditions could have conspired to create hard-to-see ice on the Sea of Galilee that a person could have walked on back when Jesus is said to have walked on water, a scientist said today.

#2 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:50 PM

Or it is possible he never walked on water at all

#3 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(Farley @ Apr 4 2006, 03:50 PM) View Post

Or it is possible he never walked on water at all

or He did and you're wrong.l

#4 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ Apr 4 2006, 03:52 PM) View Post

or He did and you're wrong.l

or he never existed ... and YOu are wrong....

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#5 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(888 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:49 PM) View Post

Well now, that explains it.

Jesus Could Have Walked on Ice, Scientist Says

Rare conditions could have conspired to create hard-to-see ice on the Sea of Galilee that a person could have walked on back when Jesus is said to have walked on water, a scientist said today.

Doesn't that make it a little less "Miraculous"? Behold! the Miracle of walking on Ice!

#6 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE(folsom500 @ Apr 4 2006, 03:53 PM) View Post

or he never existed ... and YOu are wrong....

There's plenty of historical evidence that says He did exist. Whether you believe He was the Son of God is another matter.

As for science trying to explain miracles, that's the same as religious folk trying to explain evolution - science and religion aren't meant to explain eachother.

#7 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:05 PM

He did walk on water, did feed 5000 with a few loaves and fish and most importantly was resurrected from the dead. The sooner you acknowledge this the sooner you'll be on your way to life as it was intended.

#8 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ Apr 4 2006, 09:05 PM) View Post

He did walk on water, did feed 5000 with a few loaves and fish and most importantly was resurrected from the dead. The sooner you acknowledge this the sooner you'll be on your way to life as it was intended.

He might have also said something about humility...don't know for sure though, I'll have to check.

#9 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ Apr 4 2006, 09:13 PM) View Post

actually I realized that was inappropriate and edited it out but you kept it for posterity. Real smart.

Thanks, I appreciate you recognizing my IQ. Your comments speak volumes, how could I not share with the rest of the community.

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE(cw68 @ Apr 4 2006, 09:09 PM) View Post

Once again, waaaay out of line.

Why is this person allowed to post on here when so many of them are incredibly rude, nasty and downright mean?

I agree; that comment was extremely out of line and offensive. I, too, wonder why this person is allowed to continue posting in this community. It's one thing to disagree with someone else who posts here... quite another to attack, name call, and stoop to such low levels.

Edited by Resume Lady, 04 April 2006 - 09:22 PM.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#11 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:15 AM

The author has been warned.

In the future, it would be helpful if members did not quote a post containing an attack or name-calling. It only gives greater focus to the attack.

In this case, the author reconsidered his post, and deleted the name-calling from his own post. Unfortunately, the name-calling was preserved in the quotes until a moderator could make the edits.

#12 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:09 AM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ Apr 4 2006, 09:05 PM) View Post

The current research I am reading tends to believe that Jesus did not die on the cross. That he was still alive. In the 14th station of the cross, the people are not putting him into the sepulcre, they are carrying him out. So many theories, so many versions, so many thousands of years.

#13 (MountainTop)

(MountainTop)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Farley @ Apr 5 2006, 09:09 AM) View Post

The current research I am reading tends to believe that Jesus did not die on the cross. That he was still alive. In the 14th station of the cross, the people are not putting him into the sepulcre, they are carrying him out. So many theories, so many versions, so many thousands of years.

You might enjoy Misquoting Jesus. Virtually every Christian misquotes Jesus on a daily basis, and believe things that have been shown through historical documentation to be incorrect.

#14 Farley

Farley

Living Legend

• Members
  • 3,831 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(MountainTop @ Apr 5 2006, 04:16 PM) View Post

You might enjoy Misquoting Jesus. Virtually every Christian misquotes Jesus on a daily basis, and believe things that have been shown through historical documentation to be incorrect.

Thanks I will be sure and read it.

#15 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 03:23 PM

g

Edited by folsom500, 05 April 2006 - 03:25 PM.

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users