24 replies to this topic

#16 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

If that's true, that would be nice - especially to stay away from the contruction of the new bridge over E. Bidwell!!

Once the new bridge is completed, I'd definately go back to the creekside trail as it adds up to more miles on my route.

I'll have to check it out smile.gif Boo for early dark nights and winter weather smile.gif

QUOTE (harrmill @ Nov 2 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure, but I think the new trail connects Chaffin Ct area to the trail that goes under Bidwell and up to Oak Ave. This would eliminate the need to go from the end of the trail by the Overlook Apts (and said bridge) out Harrington to Creekside to Bidwell. A continnuous trail from Empire Ranch all the way to Folsom Blvd near Lake Natoma. Nice!

I wil have to check this out, too!!

#17 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE (harrmill @ Nov 2 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not sure, but I think the new trail connects Chaffin Ct area to the trail that goes under Bidwell and up to Oak Ave. This would eliminate the need to go from the end of the trail by the Overlook Apts (and said bridge) out Harrington to Creekside to Bidwell. A continnuous trail from Empire Ranch all the way to Folsom Blvd near Lake Natoma. Nice!

I wil have to check this out, too!!

Exactly correct!

#18 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:00 PM

I know this is a dumb question, but if I pick up the trail on Riley and just keep going it looks like on Bill's map that it will dump me out on the street that leads to E. Bidwell, not this Chaffin Court that is mentioned. Is that right?

#19 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (ducky @ Nov 2 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know this is a dumb question, but if I pick up the trail on Riley and just keep going it looks like on Bill's map that it will dump me out on the street that leads to E. Bidwell, not this Chaffin Court that is mentioned. Is that right?

too bad google maps doesn't allow free art drawing, it confines me to street routes and my TOPO maps doesn't show all of the current biketrails in town.

Google map chaffin court, then go to satellite image and you will see the trail that goes from the court over to riley and also to the split that will wrap around and take you past the apartments and to the bridge in the picture.
I would rather be Backpacking

#20 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Nov 2 2009, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
too bad google maps doesn't allow free art drawing, it confines me to street routes and my TOPO maps doesn't show all of the current biketrails in town.

Google map chaffin court, then go to satellite image and you will see the trail that goes from the court over to riley and also to the split that will wrap around and take you past the apartments and to the bridge in the picture.

I might try it tomorrow. I get tired of my same 'ol, same 'ol routes. If anyone that lives in that area sees a woman running aimlessly it's because I'm lost. I won't say I'm not weird but I am totally harmless.

#21 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:29 AM

That's great! It must run along or near the RR Tracks in that area I guess?

I'll definately try this route out next time!

QUOTE (tony @ Nov 2 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly correct!

#22 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

QUOTE (Devdave @ Nov 3 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's great! It must run along or near the RR Tracks in that area I guess?

I'll definately try this route out next time!

Correct again. It follows the tracks fairly closely from Riley to Blue Ravine (passing Chaffin Ct along the way).

#23 harrmill

harrmill

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:39 PM

Ran the new "Chaffin" trail this morning. Wow, very wow! Nice trail thru heavy oaks. New bridge, too. Excellent connection made between existing trails. Jim Konopka - what is your secret sauce?

#24 Devdave

Devdave

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 02:53 PM

Awesome smile.gif Can't wait to ride over there!

I have to say that I've reported Trail Hazzards to Jim's team in the past and they are always very responsive.

By Trail Hazzards I mean large cracks in the trail that could potentially trackline a tire and throw a rider, not tree branch in the trail I could have removed myself.

I love our Folsom Trails.

QUOTE (harrmill @ Nov 3 2009, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ran the new "Chaffin" trail this morning. Wow, very wow! Nice trail thru heavy oaks. New bridge, too. Excellent connection made between existing trails. Jim Konopka - what is your secret sauce?

#25 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 03:19 PM

Finally got around to using the trail. Today was a beautiful day for it. That must have been quite a job building that bridge. It's pretty long. Definitely adding that to the route.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users