#106 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 6 2007, 04:33 PM) View Post
Thank God a stadium deal would never fly in this immediate area. What a nightmare that would be, traffic-wise, and for other logistical reasons. Keep it out at Natomas, folks. That's the ideal spot as far as access, etc. NO NEW ARENA in this area. cool.gif

I said stadium... not arena. I want 40,000 people spending their money in Folsom... not just 20,000!

tongue.gif

#107 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 6 2007, 04:33 PM) View Post
Thank God a stadium deal would never fly in this immediate area. What a nightmare that would be, traffic-wise, and for other logistical reasons. Keep it out at Natomas, folks. That's the ideal spot as far as access, etc. NO NEW ARENA in this area. cool.gif

Wow--peppy chippy--I mean chip shot and me agree--aint that dndy!

Why can't I stop rhyming?

#108 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Aug 6 2007, 04:35 PM) View Post
I said stadium... not arena. I want 40,000 people spending their money in Folsom... not just 20,000!

tongue.gif

Or stadium either. I don't want the resulting problems associated with stadiums coming to the Folsom area. We have enough growing pains as it is. We don't need the traffic and crime fiasco that it would no-doubt bring. Keep it all in Natomas....... cheers.gif
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#109 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 6 2007, 04:39 PM) View Post
Or stadium either. I don't want the resulting problems associated with stadiums coming to the Folsom area. We have enough growing pains as it is. We don't need the traffic and crime fiasco that it would no-doubt bring. Keep it all in Natomas....... cheers.gif

Question... what crime fiasco?

Any traffic issues would have to be resolved... I agree. There needs to be a plan with how to deal with traffic... but I think it can be done. Given the connector road to Elk Grove... Highway 50 for those to the west and east... the only issue I see would be the Placer people.

Think of the tax dollars a facility would generate for this city. I think it would outweigh any of the perceived negatives.

#110 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

Stadiums bring a certain element of crime, especially a huge increase in drunk driving and just overall bad behavior, vandalism, and gang issues. This is where I am a NIMBY person. I don't like the trade-off. Sorry, that's just me, and my .03

Keep it all in Natomas........

#111 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 6 2007, 04:50 PM) View Post
Stadiums bring a certain element of crime, especially a huge increase in drunk driving and just overall bad behavior, vandalism, and gang issues. This is where I am a NIMBY person. I don't like the trade-off. Sorry, that's just me, and my .03

Keep it all in Natomas........

Please provide evidence... I would beg to differ.

I would say that AT&T Park IMPROVED the situation in SF... and Coors Field IMPROVED Denver.

On top of this... why are high-end condos being build around many of these urban stadiums. Many of them going for well over $1M.

#112 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:57 PM

Those areas you cite needed improvement bigtime, but I don't think this area needs that kind of help. Hey, I'd go to baseball games too, but a stadium here ain't gonna happen, so it's moot to even think about it, really. drinks.gif

Keep it in Natomas........

#113 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 6 2007, 04:57 PM) View Post
Those areas you cite needed improvement bigtime, but I don't think this area needs that kind of help. Hey, I'd go to baseball games too, but a stadium here ain't gonna happen, so it's moot to even think about it, really. drinks.gif

Keep it in Natomas........

I know it is definitely in my dreams that a stadium would ever be build S50.

I just feel it would be a positive for an area... not a negative.

Dreaming is what makes areas great to live. Everything should be considered S50. We have the opportunity to make this area something very special in this region... not just a typical suburb.

#114 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:19 PM

I want MLB here too, but I want the stadium in a more realistic, easily-accessible-from-all-directions area, and S50 doesn't fit the bill. It would just wreak havoc on Folsom, and we'd all regret that. thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

#115 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(ChipShot @ Aug 6 2007, 04:39 PM) View Post

Don't worry, IF Folsom even thought about starting to explore the possibility of a stadium, Darrel Steinberg would author some legislation that would tax something in Folsom to transfer the money to his District.

It would take some visionary leadership to build a stadium! NOW is the perfect time to truly explore different options for S50 instead of more of the same of N50, but packaged with different buzz words like "walkable communities".

The only way we the citizens are truly EVER going to have a voice in what happens S50, is to have a chance to vote on the development plan!

If what the City & Council is proposing is such a great idea, why won't they give us a chance to vote on the plan?

Give us a chance to vote!

#116 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE(Robert Giacometti @ Aug 6 2007, 05:20 PM) View Post
Don't worry, IF Folsom even thought about starting to explore the possibility of a stadium, Darrel Steinberg would author some legislation that would tax something in Folsom to transfer the money to his District.

It would take some visionary leadership to build a stadium! NOW is the perfect time to truly explore different options for S50 instead of more of the same of N50, but packaged with different buzz words like "walkable communities".

The only way we the citizens are truly EVER going to have a voice in what happens S50, is to have a chance to vote on the development plan!

If what the City & Council is proposing is such a great idea, why won't they give us a chance to vote on the plan?

Give us a chance to vote!

We definitely deserve a right to vote... this is OUR future. Not the developers. Not exclusively the council.

S50 shouldn't be just a replica of N50. It needs to be something special... make it a draw of the region. Status quo isn't going to cut it!

#117 Bob

Bob

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE(Bob @ Jun 18 2007, 08:21 PM) View Post
Redone,

First, we are "sticking with the point" and discussing what kind of development we would like to see in regards to the current proposal. It just so happens that over 70% of us (Folsom residents) think the current proposal is a sham, being rammed down our collective throat, and demand being given a real vote as to the future of OUR city.

Second, regarding our elected officials. Two actually ran on platforms to give Folsom voters a direct vote on this issue, Councilmembers King and Morin. They met with me and our Measure T initiative group on an on going basis. We adopted EVERY suggestion they had. Then they stopped meeting with us. Then they completely turned and aggressively came out against the Citizens initiative (signed by over 4,500 voters). Then they wrote their Developers initiative (Measure W)

I have asked them, on this forum, to tell us why and to respond to specific questions regarding the many adverse impacts of THEIR proposed development. They have not.

Ask them why.

Three months and counting.
No response.

Andy and Eric seem to have been coached well by the other Council members. If asked a difficult question, specifically if it is related to the Council catering to land speculators rather than doing what is best for the citizens of our City, ignore them and move on.
The strength of democracy is in letting the people create the future, not the government creating it for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users