88 replies to this topic

#1 GFFmatt

GFFmatt

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:12 AM

Hey folks-- just wondering if anyone has any idea what happened last night across the street from Streets of London?

We came out of there about midnight (Sat night) and there were officers in the area, fire trucks, etc with a body laying across the street.

This morning around 6:30am I drove back over toward that area to get donuts and there was still a unit parked near where the body was. Don't know if the person down was alive or not, but it didn't look good as we were leaving last night.

#2 newsblaze

newsblaze

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:News, computers, the garden, HFRA, bagpipes, Folsom.

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hey folks-- just wondering if anyone has any idea what happened last night across the street from Streets of London?

We came out of there about midnight (Sat night) and there were officers in the area, fire trucks, etc with a body laying across the street.

This morning around 6:30am I drove back over toward that area to get donuts and there was still a unit parked near where the body was. Don't know if the person down was alive or not, but it didn't look good as we were leaving last night.

It was a homicide.
Folsom Police Arrest Transient, A Homicide Suspect
Alan Gray
Read Folsom news at
http://folsomlocalnews.com
Support Our Troops, Read Their Stories
at http://newsblaze.com

#3 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

A young man asked my husband for money over at Raley's while I ran inside the other night. I wonder if it was him. He's seen him hanging out by Circle K, too.

This is pretty disturbing.

#4 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

This is pretty disturbing.

Yes it is. I hope we get to hear more about this in the future.
Who was the victim? A resident? or another homeless person?
And why did the homeless man stab him? Did the dead person attack him trying to rob him so it was self-defense, or was the homeless person trying to rob someone, the person fought back and then got stabbed? so many unanswered questions in my mind, and I fear this will be another one of those news items where you never get to hear the end of the story.

#5 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

It was a homicide.
Folsom Police Arrest Transient, A Homicide Suspect

Very disconcerting!

#6 jam02219

jam02219

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:08 AM

It was a young man the was killed. I wont say his name but he was a friend of my sons. I haven't gotten all the details yet but from what i understand there was some sort of argument or something between the 2, and this homeless guy chased this kid down for over a block and stabbed him, then I guess as the guy was running away he ran in front of a folsom police officer that was driving down the road and that's how he was caught. I want to say that this was a totally unecessary act of violence. All these kids do stupid stuff that i think most teenagers do, but chasing someone down and stabbing them to death? What the hell is wrong with this idiot? I have seen this guy around town before, always asking for money and fighting with his girlfriend, walking around like he owns the streets, an obvious troublemaker. The young man that was killed was a folsom resident, and this tradegy is going to affect a lot of the kids here because he was well known. For his family I want to say I am so sorry for your loss, my son was very good friends with him and he has been to our house many of times. He always had this huge smile on his face and that is what I will remember the most about him.

#7 Ray

Ray

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

How Tragic....Very sorry for the Family's loss...

It was a young man the was killed. I wont say his name but he was a friend of my sons. I haven't gotten all the details yet but from what i understand there was some sort of argument or something between the 2, and this homeless guy chased this kid down for over a block and stabbed him, then I guess as the guy was running away he ran in front of a folsom police officer that was driving down the road and that's how he was caught. I want to say that this was a totally unecessary act of violence. All these kids do stupid stuff that i think most teenagers do, but chasing someone down and stabbing them to death? What the hell is wrong with this idiot? I have seen this guy around town before, always asking for money and fighting with his girlfriend, walking around like he owns the streets, an obvious troublemaker. The young man that was killed was a folsom resident, and this tradegy is going to affect a lot of the kids here because he was well known. For his family I want to say I am so sorry for your loss, my son was very good friends with him and he has been to our house many of times. He always had this huge smile on his face and that is what I will remember the most about him.

#8 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:52 PM

How very sad. My condolences go out to the young man's family and friends.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#9 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:45 PM

That is terrible. It is always so sad to hear of someone dying so very young. Thoughts & prayers to the family.

#10 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:34 PM

The victim was obviously well liked. There is a large group of young people gathered in front of Teriyaki To Go tonight. Very sad.

#11 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

Was he still in high school or had he graduated already?
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#12 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Was he still in high school or had he graduated already?

According to the news, the victim was 19-year-old Minor Leon.

#13 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

Interesting comments on the Telegraph's site: http://folsomtelegra...1.html#comments
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#14 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

Interesting comments on the Telegraph's site: http://folsomtelegra...1.html#comments

Thanks for sharing the article. Some of the commenters confirm the report I heard earlier today at work.

What a tragedy for everyone involved. My heart & prayers go out to the victims & families.

#15 Livedheretoolong

Livedheretoolong

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:51 PM

Many people are misinformed on the circumstances of this situation. I knew both of the people involved and was at the scene when this happened. It's extremely unfortunate that the situation escalated to this point; but there are a couple of things I'd like to make more clear to some of the people on this board. I don't feel anyone deserves to die for stealing, but there are some things to take into account with the situation in question.

1.The victim in question was in the process of stealing Josh's backpack from the ally next to the Round Table on Riley, which had all of his belongings and money; including the knife. Both of them ran by me while I was answering nature's call in an ally. The victim had the backpack in his hand, Josh was right behind him and did not have a weapon in his hand. I don't know exactly what happened when they ran around the corner; but it's entirely possible the victim pulled the knife from the bag and that this is a self defense situation.

2.The victim in question has a history of assaults, robberies, and generally got into trouble often. Most of the kids who associated with him are currently evading warrents in the Folsom area for the same kinds of crimes. He was not "a quiet kid who kept to himself" as some people who have tried to say; he planned on robbing Josh, his friends were at the scene before the cops were, they were waiting around the corner for him in case he gave chase. These kids are known for jumping people in groups; Josh has absolutely no criminal record to speak of. Once again, I'm not saying the victim deserved to die, but he also antagonised the situation and is in no way a model member of the community.

3.The backpack was missing from the scene; the victims friends were leaving the scene as the cops showed up. This means, despite the fact that their friend was dead or dying on the ground; they were still more concerned with coming up at someone else's expense than about their friend.

4.Josh is by far one of the kindest, most level-headed people i've ever met. The person I know isn't cold blooded to the point where he would stab someone over some stolen belongings unless he saw no other alternative, i.e. self defense. He did not have a knife in his hand while he was chasing this person, he fully cooperated with the police, and he looked horrified at what had happened when he ran back to where we were. Josh is not a murderer; he's a kid who happened into a horrible situation and now may possibly pay for it for the rest of his life.

Once again, I was one of the last people to see the victim alive; I was literally around the corner when it happened and gave my statement to the police. This is an overall horrible situation that never should have happened. But if you're looking for someone to blame to the rise in meyhem in this city; look at the victim and the victim's associates. The cops will tell you the exact same thing. When you lie, fight, and steal, this is what happens. I'm extremely sorry for the victim's family, but I'm also pulling for my friend who is in for the fight of his life.

Hope I was able to clarify things for some people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users