7 replies to this topic

#1 matt

matt

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:19 PM

Who knows why the building above the waterfall has been partially demolished for so many months?
Why won't they finish whatever they started?

#2 Hilscher1

Hilscher1

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:02 AM

if im correct here that building was orginally built to showcase the first homes in American river canyon north and they eventually wanted it to be some sort of club house but i think that over time there was just a lack of intrest and now the were building out up here they sold the house to a private party is what i heard.

#3 matt

matt

All Star

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:14 PM

I think a little more progress has started recently, but there should be a limit in the CC&Rs on how long they can have the building partially torn down.
It has been an eyesore for months.
They should have either left it as it was or torn it down quickly.

Is someone planning to build a single family home in that spot over the waterfall?

#4 Hilscher1

Hilscher1

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:28 AM

i was under the impression that they are just converting it to a home not sure how that works with the waterfalls filtration system and such but i wish that was my house has a pretty decent view.

#5 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (matt @ Aug 11 2004, 08:14 PM)
I think a little more progress has started recently, but there should be a limit in the CC&Rs on how long they can have the building partially torn down.
It has been an eyesore for months.
They should have either left it as it was or torn it down quickly.

American River Canyon north does have CCRs that applyl to incomplete construction and landscaping, but for some reason no one seems to pursue enforcement. Have some friends who live next door to people who built a home 3 years ago and have yet to put in front landscaping!!! It's bare dirt still and the owners have no approved plans (required by CC&Rs) for their landscaping yet! There's is a homeowner's association board that meets, but for some reason they seem to be pretty ineffective on these issues.

#6 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 07:26 AM

The builder fo the home above the ARCN waterfall is Crosby Construction. Check their website for the some of their projects and the picture they have of the waterful home.

http://www.crosbyconstruction.net/

#7 Steve

Steve

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Terry @ Aug 13 2004, 06:49 AM) View Post

American River Canyon north does have CCRs that applyl to incomplete construction and landscaping, but for some reason no one seems to pursue enforcement. Have some friends who live next door to people who built a home 3 years ago and have yet to put in front landscaping!!! It's bare dirt still and the owners have no approved plans (required by CC&Rs) for their landscaping yet! There's is a homeowner's association board that meets, but for some reason they seem to be pretty ineffective on these issues.

I was once told by an executive of Elliott Homes (Developer of ARCN) that the Homeowner Association is nothing more than a social club; organizing Easter Egg Hunts, summer picnics, etc. I learned from my own experiences in dealing with CC&R violations with the Board that this is true. I was told on several occasions by the President and several Board members that they have no hammer to enforce CC&Rs and that it was up to the individual home owners to enforce; through court action that the owner brings, CC&R violations.

#8 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

That property is owned by a home builder, he's actively working on converting the old clubhouse/office into a home. It sure does seem like it's taking a while, but it's actually going to be his own personal residence, so I'm sure he's doing everything over the top.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users