9 replies to this topic

#1 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:27 PM

Just drew a bath for my child only to notice the water has a slight brownish color.  Anyone notice something like this?  I live in Natoma Station.

#2 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

Just drew a bath for my child only to notice the water has a slight brownish color.  Anyone notice something like this?  I live in Natoma Station.

usually caused from dirt or mineral build up in the filter on the faucet. clean it and chrck. if it still running like that-then there is something in the pipe.  if you are only seeing it in the bathroom, good chance a simple snake will pull it out and clear it

#3 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:35 PM

usually caused from dirt or mineral build up in the filter on the faucet. clean it and chrck. if it still running like that-then there is something in the pipe.  if you are only seeing it in the bathroom, good chance a simple snake will pull it out and clear it

This is not a function of a filter (none on the tubs spigot).  Something appears to have "polluted" our water.  Anybody else?

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:22 PM

Does the water smell or is it just discolored?

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

ok, well-- probably a good idea to have one on the faucet. if you have a fountain type faucet the sceen may be in the throat or base of the faucet.

here is an article on them:

http://www.doityours...thtub-faucets#b

if it is not the faucet then the pipe prolly could use a quick snaking to remove debris.

unless you live on well water- it is more than likely one of these two problems

#6 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:05 PM

if they were working on the mains near you, it could put a little dirty water in the line.  nothing that shouldn't clear out on its own. 

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#7 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

if they were working on the mains near you, it could put a little dirty water in the line.  nothing that shouldn't clear out on its own. 

no smell.  Anyone aware of work done today on water mains around Blue Ravine and prairie City...or a fire hydrant opened?

#8 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 09:34 PM

Someone on Folsom WATCH reported earlier today that a truck hit a fire hydrant in the UC Davis medical complex parking lot and it was spewing lots of water all over Turnpike (sort of close to Natoma Station, I think).  That may have had something to do with your discolored water.  Maybe you can call the City's Public Works Department 351-3599 tomorrow and see if the repair work they had to do has any relation to your problem.

#9 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

Everything is back to normal...I am curious why no one else experienced the issue...

#10 leenda

leenda

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

You weren't alone...someone else (on Folsom WATCH) reported the same thing and he lives in NS.  It was the fire hydrant incident.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users