11 replies to this topic

#1 Ray

Ray

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 08:23 PM

Weber and Peja and Bibby you guys rocked tonight!

WoooHooo!!!

Poor LA biggrin.gif

#2 jobu

jobu

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 11:21 PM

You got that right! Yeeeeeeha! Go Kings!

flippy.gif

#3 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 03:00 PM

biggrin.gif laughcry.gif laugh.gif jumpred.gif

#4 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:11 AM

Great game last night. This is from sacbee.com:

Kings win a thriller in OT

Keon Clark did it to the Dallas Mavericks again. Clark caught an airball by Mike Bibby and turned it into an 8-foot jumper with 0.4 seconds left, giving the Sacramento Kings a 126-124 overtime victory over the Mavericks.........................................................

#5 Ray

Ray

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 11:50 AM

Yeah that shot by Clark was exciting!!

#6 jobu

jobu

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:10 PM

that was a GREAT game... Who could believe that bank shot 3-pointer to send them in to OT!!! What a game, Love them Kings! king.gif basketball.gif

#7 NRB

NRB

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts
  • Interests:Secretary, FIDO Inc. (Folsom Independent Dog Owners) dedicated to bringing a dog park to Folsom and promoting responsible dog ownership. www.fidoinc.org <br /><br />Secretary, Friends of Folsom Parkways

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:28 PM

Hey Ray,
I really think you dropped the basketball.gif by not mentioning Bobby Jackson above. If it wasn't for his three pointer to tie the game Keon Clark never would have had the chance to win it for us! I swear my heart was going to beat right out of my chest last night watching that game!!!! My six year old son wanted a close game, he likes the exciting games, while my husband and I were hoping for a blowout (much easier on my nerves to watch rolleyes.gif ). He couldn't stay up to watch all of the game last night but he was thrilled to find out that we won by only 2 points in overtime! I must be doing something right if I'm raising a Kings fan!!! cool.gif
Want a dog park in Folsom?
Go to www.FIDO Inc.org

#8 jobu

jobu

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:49 PM

You can't do much better in life than raise a Kings fan! king.gif

#9 sailor

sailor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 01:53 PM

Why not just say, "Peja and Bibby." Webber is a punk. He's a liar with a wannabe thug attitude. Get rid of him like they did J-Will. Then we'll have a quality team that we can all root for 100% basketball.gif

#10 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 09:15 PM

sailor, welcome to the board...

But on your views of Chris Webber. I couldn't disagree more. While I did not like Jason Williams all that much, I am a big fan of Chris Webber - in fact, I'd go as far to say he is a class act. He goes out of his way to make a good impression, and is about as nice of a guy as you can get.

If you are basing your perceptions of him on his trouble's stemming back to his Michigan days, I think a large part of it had to do with a naive 18-year old who didn't know any better... it is still haunting him obviously.

There's no way the Kings could win a title without Webber - Peja and Bibby are all-stars, but Webber is the franchise.

#11 sailor

sailor

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 06:58 PM

John,

I'll agree with you that the Kings would not be as successful without Webber. Yet, the following is a random list of why I'm not a Webber fan and why others shouldn't be either...

(1) Michigan/Fab 5 lameness. You know all those guys were paid. Sophomore year and out for the whole crew. C'mon. (nice timout- w/NO TIMEOUTS LEFT). Webber cost me $. So starts Webber's saga. (I know, you acknowledged his immaturity at 18).
(2) Jammed the Warriors because Don Nelson told him what to do and the pre-madonna Webber didn't like it. Hardaway and Mullin did fine with Nellie. Why should Webber be any different.
(3) Bounced to Washington so he could party it up w/his homie, Juwan Howard. Ummm, I guess that didn't work either.
(4) Found a home in Sac and immediately complained about the "no soul food" thing. Yet, the fans still embraced him then and come contract time, while the Maloofs offered to mow his lawn. What a joke!
(5) Raced through the town of Folsom and into Granite Bay, joy riding with his dawg-J Wil. The cops chase 'em, catch Webber while J-Wil evades the police. The whole thing ends up being THROWN OUT!!!
(6) Tired of him shooting that crappy elbow jumper.
(7) Tired of him giving that stupid scowl on a routine dunk. So what Web!
(8) Sac bee:"Do you miss your friend J-Will?"
Webber: "J'Will is my boy. He's my dog."
Great going Web. Love the wannabe thug attitude. Too bad you grew up in middle class/affluent society w/educated parents.
(9) Totally guilty of accepting $ at Michigan and lies about it. Somehow I think he'll get off. Then the key witness dies. Unbelievable!!!

CAN YOU REALLY DENY THE ABOVE FACTS?
(10) I'm a bit biased... I'M A WARRIOR FAN smile.gif

Sailor

#12 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 04:28 AM

Kings top Sixers 107-99

Published 10:07 p.m. PST Monday, March 3, 2003
Chris Webber had 29 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists and the Kings snapped the Philadelphia 76ers' season-best nine-game winning streak with a 107-99 victory Monday night at Arco.
Allen Iverson had 35 points, five rebounds, five steals and four assists as the Sixers lost for the first time since the All-Star break

joker.gif angel.gif king.gif king.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users