3 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:32 PM

Hey everyone. I am relatively new to Folsom (5 months) and I am trying to pin down what the good places to go out in town are. Is there anywhere besides Yeager's, Powerhouse, and, well, now its the Streets of London, to go and get a drink? Thats all for now. I love this town!

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:40 PM

Sutter Club is a dive but it's still fun to go to. There's a new bar opening up in the Broadstone area (by the new Bel Air), too, which I have heard should be pretty cool.

If you're in to barhopping, I used to hit Powerhouse, then Folsom Hotel, then Sutter Club, then Yagers. There's also some jazz place by Chevy's I have not been there since they remodeled.

Oh, one more - there's a brewpub over at Oak & American River Canyon - they have lots of live music there. Vilage Green.

cheers.gif Cheers!

#3 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:47 PM

Oops! I didn't mean to be so tactless by starting this topic right after the high school alcohol one. Sorry! blush.gif

#4 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 12:50 PM

Fun places for locals (and longtimers) are Sutter Club (longtimers affectionately call it the Gutter Club), Folsom Hotel, Folsom Lake Bowl, Purple Place (which is just over the city limits on Green Valley into El Dorado County - new owners so it's lost some of its blue-collar feel) and City Slickers (across from City Hall). Chevy's has a good bar, but the others in that area seem to have come and gone with the trends. Yeager's is a favorite of the Intel crowd. I heard the bar at Bailie's, and at Christoph's is well-stocked though pricey. Seems there are extremes in Folsom and not much middle of the road - I favor the blue-collar crowd......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users