32 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 08:52 PM

Hey Tio Vinny.....!   You Hydroxychloroquine denier you.....!      

https://www.dailymai...ents-study.html

Triple-drug combo of anti-malaria pill hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and ZINC improved coronavirus patients' chances of being discharged and cut death risk by almost 50%, study finds
Researchers at NYU Grossman School of Medicine looked at 932 coronavirus patients hospitalized between March 2 and April 5
Half were given a combination of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and zinc sulfate and the other half did not receive zinc
Patients receiving the triple drug combination were 1.5 times more likely to recover enough to be discharged and 44% less likely to die
The team believes hydroxychloroquine helps zinc, which has antiviral properties, get into infected cells
Here’s how to help people impacted by Covid-19

Combining the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine with the dietary supplement zinc could create a more effective treatment for coronavirus patients, a new study suggests. Researchers found that taking the drugs together, along with the antibiotic azithromycin, increased patient's chances of being discharged and decreased their risk of dying.  It did not, however, change the average time patients spent in hospital, how long they spent on a ventilator or the total amount of oxygen required.

President Donald Trump has often touted the drug as a 'game-changer' during his press conferences and on Twitter, and the US Food and Drug Administration authorized emergency use of hydroxychloroquine.  For the study, published on pre-print site medRxiv.org, the team looked at 932 COVID-19 patients hospitalized between March 2 and April 5.

Roughly half were given a combination of zinc sulfate, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin.

The other half received just hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin. 

Results showed that patients receiving the triple-drug combination had a 1.5 times greater likelihood of recovering enough to be discharged.

They were also 44 percent less likely to die, compared to those who were given the double-drug combination.

Researchers say the addition of zinc sulfate decreased the need to be put on a ventilator, and the risk of being admitted to the ICU or being transferred to hospice.

1A - 2A = -1A

#2 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 15 May 2020 - 07:20 AM

:noyoudint:

HAL7.jpg

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#3 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:46 AM

Yep, took you a couple days to come up with no argument......!   Because you can not.....!   And who is this "Dave" guy....?   Is he the local "community organizer"...?  Ha Ha......!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47911288d0368adcef2e

Thursday, May 14, 2020

NIH begins clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin to treat COVID-19
Study enrolling adults with mild to moderate COVID-19 in the United States.

https://www.nih.gov/...-treat-covid-19

A clinical trial has begun to evaluate whether the malaria drug hydroxychloroquine, given together with the antibiotic azithromycin, can prevent hospitalization and death from coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the National Institutes of Health, is sponsoring the trial, which is being conducted by the NIAID-funded AIDS Clinical Trials Group (ACTG). Teva Pharmaceuticals is donating medications for the study.

1A - 2A = -1A

#4 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 04:53 PM

Results From Randomized Clinical Trial Do Not Support Hydroxychloroquine for COVID-1

https://scitechdaily...e-for-covid-19/

Studies see ‘no benefit’ in hydroxychloroquine treatment for Covid-19 patients

https://www.france24...vid-19-patients

The malaria pill hydroxycholoroquine failed to help coronavirus patients in 2 big studies

https://www.business...patients-2020-5

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 16 May 2020 - 05:50 PM

TDS

#6 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 09:20 AM

What you fail to understand Tio Vinny is that some therapies work wonderfully on some people and some have no effect.  It depends on your genes, how you are made.  A medicine I used to make at my last company (Herceptin) would work fantastically on some women who had breast cancer and would not work on others.  The reason....?  Genetics.   There are tests now to figure out your make up and then pick the right medicine for you.  You can deny and refute the usefulness all you want in regards to Hydroxychloroquine but for every paper or news story you post up stating it does not work I can post one up that says it does, that there is some benefit for some people.  There will be a genetic test someday to see if Hydroxychloroquine will be of benefit to you....      Instead of making fun of a therapeutic just because you suffer from TDS it maybe you should be putting your energy into hoping it does work for some people and does save them...?  Come on, put that God stuff to work that you like to pull on us at times....  Chris

https://www.gene.com...ngfactsheet.pdf

HER2 Testing For Breast and Stomach Cancer
 Standard human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) tests measure if there
is a higher than normal number of HER2 genes present in tumor cells or if there is
a higher than normal number of HER2 receptors on the surface of tumor cells.
o HER2 Fluorescence in-situ Hybridization (FISH) – a gene-based diagnostic test
used to identify people whose breast or stomach cancer cells carry amplified
HER2 genes and therefore make too much HER2 protein.1
o HER2 Immunohistochemistry (IHC) – a protein-based diagnostic test used to
identify people whose breast or stomach cancer cells overexpress the HER2
protein as a result of too many copies of the HER2 gene.1
 A tumor may be HER2-positive if the test shows a higher than normal number of
HER2 genes or receptors.

Approximately 25 percent of breast cancers are HER2-positive.4,5 

In screening patients for HER2 status for the ToGA pivotal trial, 22 percent were
found to be HER2-positive.

Patients must have a HER2 test to determine if their breast or stomach cancer is
HER2-positive before using Herceptin, as benefit has only been shown in patients that are
HER2-positive.

1A - 2A = -1A

#7 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 07:43 PM

On COVID-19, Dallas Clinician Dr. Ivette Lozano says – Stupid is as Stupid Does!
By Rev. Michael Bresciani —— Bio and Archives--May 16, 2020

Dr. Ivette Lozano of the LozanoPlaying the role of Forrest Gump’s mom, Dr. Ivette Lozano of the Lozano clinic in Dallas, Texas has been treating her patients with a 100% record of success. She has been prescribing hydroxychloroquine in spite of intense resistance from politicians and the medical community.
You Tube posted a video of Dr. Lozano addressing a group of citizens who cheered heartily as she described the spectacular success stories coming from her approach to the COVID-19 pandemic.

To date there has been little press coverage of her successes with the exception of a One America News piece aired on May 16, 2020. It is believed that the You Tube video may be pulled soon, so this is a news item that may sink before the public gets the whole story.

While Dr Lozano did not actually say stupid is as stupid does, after listening to how she was treated by politicians, pharmacists and certain drugstore chains, she didn’t have to.
All of her patients became asymptomatic within 24 to 48 hours after being treated at her clinic. After hearing about her success people from all over Texas have been showing up at her clinic.

Dr. Lozano is an activist who cares about her patient’s health, but also wants the public to know the truth.

The truth, she says, is that when victims of the coronavirus show up at hospitals and clinics, they are sent home to quarantine and suffer.

Dr. Lozano is without fear, a quality we need to see more of during this pandemic, she is unafraid to say where she first learned about the effectiveness and the treatment protocol of hydroxychloroquine. Dr Ivette boldly proclaims that it was President Trump who gave her the key. She followed the President’s first revelation about the protocol and followed through with it—now all of her coronavirus patients are glad that she did.

Dr. Lozano says the hydroxychloroquine cost a mere $13.00 – so there is little chance that people may be saddled with a bill for treatments that they could never handle.

Senator Bob Hall has stood by Dr. Lozano in her fight against the pharmacies and the pharmacy board. At one point the pharmacies insisted that Dr. Lozano provide a diagnosis for every hydroxychloroquine prescription she wrote. Besides being a clear violation of doctor—patient confidentiality, it is also, clearly, very stupid.

And that is why—stupid is as stupid does.

“Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment.” (Ex 23:2)

The scriptures admonish us not to follow a crowd to do something evil—would it also be expedient not to follow a crowd to do something stupid?

Making people stay home to suffer and possibly die when they don’t have to is well, super stupid.

1A - 2A = -1A

#8 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 01:36 PM

Staying tuned in:

Trump admits he is
now taking hydroxychloroquine!           :lmaosmiley:        :loco:

This defies FDA recommendations.              :sick:          :noyoudint:      

In the middle of a pandemic, Trump

- denies it as a hoax       :CRAZYLOCO:

- breaks with the World Health Organization             :beehive:

- disputes his own CDC advisories.                  :headbang:

Can't make this stuff up folks.     

Oh, this is rich!                       :letseat:                                       :BNANADANCE:     

Just waiting for the next shoe (or pResident) to drop.

Video at 6:00.

#9 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 04:20 PM

Addendum:

They just reported that two more symptoms are indicators of corona virus:

Loss of taste.

Loss of smell.

Uh-oh!  Trump may be in trouble!

He has no taste!

However, he still smells!                  :lmaosmiley:                 :haha:           :lmao:

Sheesh! Sometimes I'm so funny I even surprise myself! Ha, ha!

#10 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

Trump has a personal White House doctor administering his care.  I leave his care decisions to him just as I leave yours to you. None of my business.

Not every treatment is effective for every person.  Drugs (both legal and illegal) affect every person differently.  For example, ibuprofen does zero for me, my wife cant have nsaids.  Some people can't handle alcohol. Whatever.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#11 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:18 PM

Tio Vinny, you are way to obsessed with Trump and his Hydroxychloroquine endorsement and the actual taking of it himself.............    He does this just to get under your skin even deeper, and you obligingly took the bait, hook, line, and sinker as we deep sea fisherman say, all three hooks, the bait, and the 1 lb sinker.......   And you come to the surface bug eyed and with your stomach inside out.......   You're done...!   You do know you are being played....?   Do you not...?   It's been 3.5 years and you democrat lemmings still take Trumps musings as fact..........   Don't you guys on the left keep telling us you are the smart ones and we Hillbillies, Republicans, Rednecks, Libertarians, gun owners, Christians, Catholics, LDS, entrepreneurs, self employed folks, small business owners, are the dumb ones....?   Man, it's been 3.5 years and you still do not see how you are being played week to week.........   You don't see the forest through the trees and it is so funny to watch....!  Week after week he plays you....!   Yep, watching people who say they are way "smarter than me" being led around the living room floor chasing the red dot on the floor like a dumb house cat.  You do see it........   Please tell me you do..........?  Trump is playing you like the fools you are......!   But don't tell anybody, this is way too much fun.   I need four more years of this.  Thanks, Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#12 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:12 AM

So, I suppose is merely coincidence that the Trump family is heavily invested in this drug?

Queen2.jpg

#13 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

So, I suppose is merely coincidence that the Trump family is heavily invested in this drug?

It is a generic substance that is made by hundreds of companies.  No money there to be made really....   And tell me what company again...?   I asked you before and you never told me.  I can't seem to find out what company that he is invested in...   I did spend some time trying to verify your statement, no luck.  Maybe you can find the company...?

1A - 2A = -1A

#14 Mays

Mays

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 08:41 PM

It is a generic substance that is made by hundreds of companies.  No money there to be made really....   And tell me what company again...?   I asked you before and you never told me.  I can't seem to find out what company that he is invested in...   I did spend some time trying to verify your statement, no luck.  Maybe you can find the company...?

That would be Sanofi. Granted he personally may not have much but the Chump family trusts all have investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding is Sanofi, the manufacturer of Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine. This along with many of his top backers and fellow members of the Administration are also invested in companies that stand to benefit from hydroxychloroquines usage...
.Some associates of Chumps have financial interests in the issue. Sanofis largest shareholders include Fisher Asset Management, the investment company run by Ken Fisher, a major donor to Republicans, including Chump

But nope, nothing to see here.

#15 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:16 PM

Good you found that tidbit of info Mays....   I could not find it and I dedicated at least 15-20 minutes of my time trying to do so....    I have invested in Sanofi in the past, at least a couple of times........   Don't think I made much money at all...   French company, good at vaccines, and at the mercy (or merci) of the French unions which is never a good thing when you want to make a return on your investment.   Anyway, here is a list of Hydroxychlorquine sulfate suppliers..........   A long list....... below...  Never invest in a commodity that anyone can make and expect to make a killing in the market.  You might make 1 to 3% a year if you are lucky, at best....   Sanofi is like, almost like buying a bond, won't go anywhere quickly and you'd be lucky to stay 1% above inflation.  As an avid investor for the past 35 years I'd say there is nothing to this story about Trump and Hyroxy-whatever.........   Whatever...   Just another baseless complaint from the left, politicized to get people worked up, and a whole bunch of nothing at the end.  Nobody makes money and everybody is miserable and angry at each other...   The democratic party strategy once again.  Divide people by race and economic status, demonize the police, the Catholic Church, the Mormons, the family unit, the two recognized sexes, the 2nd amendment, Conservatives in general, and stay in power.   Not to mention destroy any statue that may be of a white person........    Go on, admit it, this is the plan............    Well, no more...!   Soon there will be push back like you will not believe.........   November for sure, Trump by a landslide, mark my words.   Chris

https://www.pharmaco...roquine-sulfate

hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablet;oral
Manufacturer: ACCORD HLTHCARE
Approval date: April 7, 2020
Strength(s): 200MG [AB]
Manufacturer: ALKALOIDA ZRT
Approval date: May 8, 2018
Manufacturer: AMNEAL PHARMS CO
Approval date: May 15, 2018
Manufacturer: APPCO