123 replies to this topic

#31 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:46 PM

is it true to say that boys are harder to raise than girls even at a very young age? mine is restless!!!! sad.gif sad.gif

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Sep 2 2005, 12:37 PM)
It all depends on the baby, my son was always a difficult baby but my daughter was great from day one. Makes me wonder whats the third going to be like since I have had both already.

View Post

#32 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 September 2005 - 12:54 PM

Except for now it is the opposite my daughter is the handfull, my son is easy.

#33 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Aug 31 2005, 03:14 PM)
I am fortunate to have the hospital and relatives close by, BUT the delivery WAS heck.  We are very upset with South Sac Kaiser Hospital.

View Post

Let us share our first experience. My wife's water broke at around 6pm. We drove to the hospital and got there at 7pm. Epidural came at 10pm, second one was supposed to be a few hours later (never came). Baby was born after 5+hrs of pushing, and she was without the benefit of the epidural in the last couple of hours, because she had missed the window - due to the anesthesiologist not waking up for the 2nd shot.

At one point, with the baby's head crowning, the doctor left the room to find the nurse who had left the room an hour before to get the necessary equipment for the doctor, and had not returned, so it was just the two of us there for 20-30minutes.

After delivery, they did not put in a catheter, my wife was complaining of intense pain, they hadn't given her the pain meds she was supposed to get, just Tylenol. I stood at the nurse's desk until they got a hold of the doctor at home, she prescribed stronger meds, but noone knew about the catheter.

A nurse finally realized what was going on and came in to place a catheter, two nurses later, they got one in, and she filled bag after bag from a bladder that almost burst. I was amazed the human body can even hold that much liquid.

An hour after that, a nurse shift change, they came in to tell us that my wife was to be taken for a sonogram. I told the nurse she is mistaken, she insisted right up to the point where I told her that my wife already had the baby.

An hour after that, another nurse came to tell us that my wife's "injection" was ready. I asked, "just exactly what are you injecting into my wife?" - Once again, wrong chart, and this went on pretty much the rest of the night. I slept on the floor next to my wife's bed, and got up to intercept every nurse coming into the room.

By comparison, when #2 was born in Folsom, we walked in, got a room, got an epidural, doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist were all in the room, doctor performed an episiotomy, and the baby was born in less than 2hrs.
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

California's Economy: Too Big To Fail?

#34 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:23 PM

Costcolover was that at South Sac Kaiser too?

#35 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Sep 2 2005, 02:23 PM)
Costcolover was that at South Sac Kaiser too?

View Post

NYC
"The important thing is not to stop questioning'' | "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
-- Albert Einstein--

#36 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:33 PM

That sounded pretty bad.

QUOTE(CostcoLover @ Sep 2 2005, 01:20 PM)
Let us share our first experience.  My wife's water broke at around 6pm.  We drove to the hospital and got there at 7pm.  Epidural came at 10pm, second one was supposed to be a few hours later (never came).  Baby was born after 5+hrs of pushing, and she was without the benefit of the epidural in the last couple of hours, because she had missed the window - due to the anesthesiologist not waking up for the 2nd shot.

At one point, with the baby's head crowning, the doctor left the room to find the nurse who had left the room an hour before to get the necessary equipment for the doctor, and had not returned, so it was just the two of us there for 20-30minutes. 

After delivery, they did not put in a catheter, my wife was complaining of intense pain, they hadn't given her the pain meds she was supposed to get, just Tylenol.  I stood at the nurse's desk until they got a hold of the doctor at home, she prescribed stronger meds, but noone knew about the catheter. 

A nurse finally realized what was going on and came in to place a catheter, two nurses later, they got one in, and she filled bag after bag from a bladder that almost burst.  I was amazed the human body can even hold that much liquid.

An hour after that, a nurse shift change, they came in to tell us that my wife was to be taken for a sonogram.  I told the nurse she is mistaken, she insisted right up to the point where I told her that my wife already had the baby.

An hour after that, another nurse came to tell us that my wife's "injection" was ready.  I asked, "just exactly what are you injecting into my wife?" - Once again, wrong chart, and this went on pretty much the rest of the night.  I slept on the floor next to my wife's bed, and got up to intercept every nurse coming into the room.

By comparison, when #2 was born in Folsom, we walked in, got a room, got an epidural, doctor, nurse, anesthesiologist were all in the room, doctor performed an episiotomy, and the baby was born in less than 2hrs.

View Post

#37 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:35 PM

She was released with a catheter which came out a month later.

I know some folks around here have other war stories because in at least one case I know, someone's wife almost died during childbirth.

Maybe there aren't many childbirth 'war stories' around here, but I find that hard to believe.
-- Albert Einstein--

#38 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:42 PM

If they have Kaiser as provider then there are many war stories. Kaiser = beaker.gif thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
QUOTE(CostcoLover @ Sep 2 2005, 01:35 PM)

Maybe there aren't many childbirth 'war stories' around here, but I find that hard to believe.

View Post

#39 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 2 2005, 02:42 PM)
If they have Kaiser as provider then there are many war stories.  Kaiser =  beaker.gif  thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

View Post

Well, that's our next stop sometime this month.... I guess we'll see.
-- Albert Einstein--

#40 Erika

Erika

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 02:13 PM

Geez, that's for all the positive reinforcement. tongue.gif That's why we DON'T have Kaiser. I've heard way too many horror stories. I was born in Kaiser and got a staph infection. I guess I could've died but I didn't.

One thing I have noticed is that everyone wants to freak you out with all the horror stories. I heard so many horrible things about being pregnant and NONE of them have happened to me yet. I've also heard about so many deliveries that went very smooth so I guess it all depends.

#41 forumreader

forumreader

Living Legend

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 2 2005, 01:42 PM)
If they have Kaiser as provider then there are many war stories.  Kaiser =  beaker.gif  thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

View Post

Cyber: I'm sorry that you had such a bad experience. However, I don't think it is fair to jump to the conclusion that all Kaiser maternity experiences are a nightmare.

My first was born at a Catholic hospital in Southern Cal. The LDR rooms were new, nicely decorated, spacious. The staff was supposed to be first-rate. -- HA!! To make a long story short, 10 to 12 hours into labor, I was ready to have my husband hunt down a priest to give me last rites!!.... My son was born healthy, once the doctors and nurses finally came along, conspicuously lacking any bedside manner.

My experience at Kaiser Morse four years ago was completely different. Small, ugly rooms, but fantastic staff!

I think that often one's maternity ward experience has much to do with unpredictable factors: how busy the ward is, how easy or difficult the other births on the ward are, etc.

#42 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:04 PM

Is it safe to bring my son to restaurant with us now? No virus or gems worry?

#43 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 September 2005 - 05:07 PM

If he is breastfeed he should have some of the same immunity your wife has.

#44 CostcoLover

CostcoLover

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(cybertrano @ Sep 2 2005, 06:04 PM)
Is it safe to bring my son to restaurant with us now?  No virus or gems worry?

View Post

I thought in Asian culture the baby couldn't come out for the first month..... smile.gif
-- Albert Einstein--

#45 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 09:21 PM

I am not aware of this. The thing that I know is that Asians celebrate new borns wiith the so called "Full month celebration", one month after birth instead of the American baby shower.
My son's will be on the September 11th.

QUOTE(CostcoLover @ Sep 2 2005, 08:51 PM)
I thought in Asian culture the baby couldn't come out for the first month..... smile.gif

View Post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users