20 replies to this topic

#1 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 10:51 AM

Wow, just had a B2 stealth fly over the house. Never seen one in flight before!

#2 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:10 AM

Saw it over my house as well, very cool.

Here's the video...

#3 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

Right on, great shots guys. I wonder how the show is going with this cloud cover?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 11:49 AM

I heard it and ran outside and got to see it too. My Canon camera is on the way back from the factory, had to get it repaired, so I didn't get photos. Thanks for putting them on.

By the way Canon fixed my Camera for free. Everything was blurred and I think they had a recall on it.

Where is/was the show today?
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:27 PM

My wife and son are there now, they say it's GRRRRRREAT!
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#6 johncam

johncam

Netizen

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

Yeah that was awesome. At first I said, "Oh look, someone's flying a big kite". Never seen one in flight either. I couldn't get enough of it.

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:51 PM

I saw one in flight coming into the airport in Colorado Springs a few years back.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#8 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 12 September 2009 - 12:56 PM

I didn't see nuthin' and neither did you if you know what's good for you rawdeal.gif

Actually saw it about noon over Folsom / Blue Ravine
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#9 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:55 PM

It flew over my house just as we were all in the backyard celebrating my son's 1st birthday. Perfect timing! How many kids get an Air Force flyover for their birthday.
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#10 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (SacKen @ Sep 12 2009, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It flew over my house just as we were all in the backyard celebrating my son's 1st birthday. Perfect timing! How many kids get an Air Force flyover for their birthday.

Ken, that is great. Folsom can't even get them or anything else to fly over for our parades, at least we didn't have any the last time. I do remember a plane and/or a helicopter one year. With all the high power we have on the city council you would think we could get a nice fly over.

#11 5hannon

5hannon

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

We spotted the bomber from the soccer field this morning... it was AWESOME to see in in flight - truly amazing! Thanks for posting the photo,

5hannon (aka 1st year soccer mom)

#12 legofamily

legofamily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Interests:Reading
    Hiking
    Photography
    Sports
    Science

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:27 PM

We saw it at my daughter's soccer game as well. I was watching my daughter's team and right there next to the storm clouds was the B2 Stealth Bomber. It was really cool. And I thought the thunder and lightning was cool. I took video of it since I was already videoing the game. What a great day.

#13 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 12 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Can't believe I missed this... I saw a replica once in a museum.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#14 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Sep 12 2009, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ken, that is great. Folsom can't even get them or anything else to fly over for our parades, at least
we didn't have any the last time. I do remember a plane and/or a helicopter one year. With all the high power we have on the city council you would think we could get a nice fly over.

Really?

hmmm---

#15 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:18 AM

I saw one a couple years ago coming in from Beale, presumably for the air show. It's a simply amazing sight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users