Folsom Opens 30 New Businesses

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/06/23/folsom-opens-30-new-businesses-adding-hundreds-of-jobs/ :2thumbsup:

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

I didn't see a list. Are they including Sports Authority?, which isn't really new - just vacating another spot in Folsom. Ambiance? - same, vacating another spot in Folsom.

How many of those jobs pay as much as the Waste Management jobs we lost?

I'm happy to see the Palladio filling up, but we need to be attracting other types of jobs besides places to eat out. It seems to me, Folsomites love, love, love new restaurants... until they don't.

#3 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

I counted 20 businesses opening this summer on the Folsom new business website. It looks like some businesses are moving. I don't know if the news story was only counting brand new businesses. http://www.folsom.ca...nt/arrivals.asp

#4 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Its great news that Folsom has 30 new Businesses opening this summer!

Its also pretty obvious to me that this article is set up propaganda piece for something coming up before the Council that either A)the Chamber wants changed or B) The council wants to change a policy on something( probably for the benefit of those invested S50) and is using the Chamber to run interference.

I haven't looked at the next city Council Agenda, but I'd wager a drink, that there is something on that Agenda like I stated above! Having been around the block enough times, it gets easier all the time to see through these rehearsed Dog & Pony shows! The Chamber mentioning anything about fee deferal is a dead give away!

I just can't get too excited that with Chick a Fill opening, somehow this is going push us over the top to be "THE, Destination City for dining." I'm grateful they are here and will stop by and welcome them and wish them all the best!

#5 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

I'm stoked about Liberty Tattoo. We need more quality tat shops in town. Am I right or am I right???

#6 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

I'm stoked about Liberty Tattoo. We need more quality tat shops in town. Am I right or am I right???

More quality tattoo shops? How many do we need at all? 1 should be plenty. No, you're not right!

#7 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:03 PM

More quality tattoo shops? How many do we need at all? 1 should be plenty. No, you're not right!

Why? Folsom City Ink is an outstanding shop with outstanding artists. What in your eyes is wrong with well ran tattoo shops?

#8 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Why? Folsom City Ink is an outstanding shop with outstanding artists. What in your eyes is wrong with well ran tattoo shops?

Fully agree, I just like seeing more shops and tattoo'd people ...and watching people get tweaked about it. I'm easily entertained....

#9 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

Its great news that Folsom has 30 new Businesses opening this summer!

Its also pretty obvious to me that this article is set up propaganda piece for something coming up before the Council that either A)the Chamber wants changed or B) The council wants to change a policy on something( probably for the benefit of those invested S50) and is using the Chamber to run interference.

I haven't looked at the next city Council Agenda, but I'd wager a drink, that there is something on that Agenda like I stated above! Having been around the block enough times, it gets easier all the time to see through these rehearsed Dog & Pony shows! The Chamber mentioning anything about fee deferal is a dead give away!

I just can't get too excited that with Chick a Fill opening, somehow this is going push us over the top to be "THE, Destination City for dining." I'm grateful they are here and will stop by and welcome them and wish them all the best!

Here is tomorrows City Council Agenda;

http://www.folsom.ca.us/agendas/

Who didn't foresee the Council voting on defering fees for Developers, after seeing the above recent article? Lets think about this, the City is going broke, they are raising fees on kids to play Youth Sports, Cutting after school programs for kids, Intiating new ambulance fees, HOWEVER, they are deferring fees for developers!

Its rather obvious to see who is the Priority for these council members!

#10 Sonny

Sonny

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

I think Folsom's always only adding shopping and resturants because of the fact that the unemployment rate is so low here.

#11 Stop South of 50

Stop South of 50

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

I completely agree with ducky. While these businesses now opening are bringing jobs to the city... what are our city leaders doing to attract the next Intel or replace Waste Connections. Those are the types of jobs that this community needs. A restaurant only results in a finite number of dollars being spent on eating out to be spread thinner over a greater number of businesses.

Our city leaders really don't seem to have any direction for Folsom... other than giving the keys to the city to the developers. You can build all the homes you want south of 50... but where are these people going to work??? As Robert G always seems to state... I think our leaders are mortgaging the quality of life in areas north of 50 to line the pockets of the developers south of 50. Where is the city's priorities... it doesn't seem to be with its current residents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users