• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 05 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

1) When using "New Posts", if you follow a thread, the "New Posts" soft key doesn't work. You need to go to another screen first. Also, not sure why, but sometimes there is "New Posts" breadcrumb at the top, and sometimes not.

2) This is really a peeve since my early generation Apple device does not have lock function for portrait / landscape: if the app converts to landscape mode, you can't go back to portrait mode w/out leaving the app (at least I haven't figured out how to do so).

3) Is there any benefit in the location capability for this app? If not, it'd be nice to turn it off so that the prompt doesn't appear each time you start the app. I don't allow for location services for any app unless it specifically serves a benefit for me at that moment.

4) It'd be nice to have a configurable start/home screen (ie - New Posts, or Folsom Forum or Open Topics). The screen you use most....

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

I agree, the first version of the app is not ideal. I'm going to try and build one from scratch in the next 6 months or so - hang in there. I don't think the location thing adds any value; I have yet to see it - it's an annoyance. Unfortunately i did not build the app but will be soon...

#3 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Great, sound good John. Can't wait for the new version... :)

#4 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

Great, sound good John. Can't wait for the new version... :)

+1000

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Hey gang, I will be discontinuing the Tomato Pages app soon. I learned a lot from having it! I still plan on building my own app, but in the meantime, make sure you add MyFolsom on your phones (you can do this on Android too, I believe) - just go to www.myfolsom.com, and there is an icon in the middle bottom of your ipod/iPhone - select "Add to Home Screen". Our app should be good to the end of the month, then it will stop working.

You will still be able to view MyFolsom and the forums on your phone though -

#6 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

Hey gang, I will be discontinuing the Tomato Pages app soon. I learned a lot from having it! I still plan on building my own app, but in the meantime, make sure you add MyFolsom on your phones (you can do this on Android too, I believe) - just go to www.myfolsom.com, and there is an icon in the middle bottom of your ipod/iPhone - select "Add to Home Screen". Our app should be good to the end of the month, then it will stop working.

You will still be able to view MyFolsom and the forums on your phone though -

John, is this on the "forum" page, or the "news" page? ok, I see the 2 icons (mysacramento, myfolsom, myeldoradohills", but nothing happens when I press it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users