11 replies to this topic

#1 Kermitlover

Kermitlover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:37 PM

Are the Folsom PD focusing on Lexington Hills all of the sudden or have they always been there and I am just now noticing them? Glad they are there though! driving.gif

#2 Justasmalltowngirl

Justasmalltowngirl

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(Kermitlover @ Nov 9 2005, 01:37 PM)
Are the Folsom PD focusing on Lexington Hills all of the sudden or have they always been there and I am just now noticing them?  Glad they are there though! driving.gif

View Post

uh-oh has Lexington Hills turned icky? sad.gif

#3 Kermitlover

Kermitlover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:42 PM

No, lets hope not. It seems that they are hanging around stop signs and using the radar gun looking for speeders.

#4 Drive25mph.com

Drive25mph.com

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(Kermitlover @ Nov 9 2005, 03:42 PM)
No, lets hope not.  It seems that they are hanging around stop signs and using the radar gun looking for speeders.

View Post

Yes, during the past week or so, Folsom PD has been keeping a closer eye on people speeding and running stop signs on Silberhorn, Prewitt and N/S Lexington.

The city has also put the speed warning signs up in several locations as well.

I'm very glad to see them handing out tickets. Perhaps this will help the problems we face on these streets.

Drive25mph.com

#5 Translucent

Translucent

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:<br /><br />_______________________________

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:41 AM

I've lived in L/H since 1989 the FPD has always been prevalent in this community. I always welcome there presence.

-Ryan

#6 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:46 PM

I'm not sure if 'sting' is the right word. I thought 'sting' meant the cops were working undercover to bust people. Unless the cops are dressed up as bushes and pop out when somebody runs a stop sign, I wouldn't call it a sting. tongue.gif I usually see them parked in plain sight.

I don't think they are trying to give out as many tickets as possible, I think they just want people to be more careful. I remember there used to be a police car parked on a sharp bend on Willow Creek near BT Collins park. Even though nobody was inside, people still slowed down entering the curve.

#7 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE(DalOwnerX3 @ Jan 18 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

I'm not sure if 'sting' is the right word. I thought 'sting' meant the cops were working undercover to bust people. Unless the cops are dressed up as bushes and pop out when somebody runs a stop sign, I wouldn't call it a sting. tongue.gif I usually see them parked in plain sight.

I don't think they are trying to give out as many tickets as possible, I think they just want people to be more careful. I remember there used to be a police car parked on a sharp bend on Willow Creek near BT Collins park. Even though nobody was inside, people still slowed down entering the curve.

Folsom PD calls this type of activity a "targeted enforcement". The PD (or the neighborhood) identifies an area that has traffic issues and saturates it with enforcement for a period of time.

It's good the for neighborhood, and it helps deter lawless drivers (for a while anyway).

#8 Kermitlover

Kermitlover

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:42 AM

It is great that they are here..even better if it gets people to slow down.

#9 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:19 PM

They've been hanging around in Natoma Station several recent mornings as well. Maybe they're enforcing near schools. I think it's great!
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#10 Sacramento-Kayos

Sacramento-Kayos

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 12:33 PM

gas break dip

#11 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 08:56 PM

I'm guessing if they get enough citizen complaints about speeding in the area, they will send a few cars out to target the area and hopefully get the repeater speeders every now and then. I mean, it's a dang housing area.....where could u possibly be going that you need to be driving 40mph in a friggin housing area????

#12 wildlifeprotector

wildlifeprotector

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 March 2006 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE(DalOwnerX3 @ Jan 18 2006, 06:46 PM) View Post

sun.gif Hello, you have dogs?? try DebsFabPetCare@comcast.net for pet sitter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users