• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 FolsomPDPIO

FolsomPDPIO

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

I think the question was not about how fast the nixle reports come out, but how the officers "requested residents to shelter in place" and why some nearby residents did not receive/hear the request.

As you can imagine, a call such as this takes up alot of resources. As Nomad said, this event transpired in less than 35 minutes beginning to end. The Nixle.com and Reverse 911 SIP (Shelter in Place) alert was being typed as the suspect was being placed under arrest. We just adapted to a FYI so anyone affected would atleast know what the sirens and commotion was about, and know that they were now safe. I HIGHLY recommend you subscribe to Nixle.com for alerts from the police department AND Facebook or Twitter. You can also visit the Folsom Police website for a form to ensure you are on the Reverse 911 list (Cellphone and/or landline). Its better to be informed 5 times than not at all. Help FPD spread the word by telling your friends, family, and co-workers.
Sgt. Jason Browning, Folsom PD

#17 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:08 PM

I wonder what the difference in criteria is...for sheltering-in-place versus evacuation.

ps...Wooohooo! We got a copper on here again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users