#1 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:28 PM

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright warns of the threat of fascism from Donald Trump in new book.

"Fascism: A Warning."

https://www.npr.org/...il-its-too-late

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Madeline Halfbrite as she is known among anyone else who is not a dyed in the wool liberal.  And NPR.....?   You mean the deep state news and propaganda network....?  "News and science" brought to you by your government, funded by your government, and delivered to your ears and eyes by far left wing "journalists".   Do you see the irony in your post about fascism....?   Thanks for the good laugh Tio Vinny.....!   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Funny. The only ones I see trying to force me into compliance with their beliefs are the leftists. (global warming, hate speech, banning speechfrom campuses, forcing people out of jobs, their views on what my rights should be, using the club of social media to force compliance, preventing my right to assemble with violence, etc.)

Who are the fascists again? 

Not websters definition, but the commonly held interpretation of focing (generally political) compliance with a doctrine through the threat of or use of force. I see far more of that by the left.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#4 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Funny. The only ones I see trying to force me into compliance with their beliefs are the leftists. (global warming, hate speech, banning speechfrom campuses, forcing people out of jobs, their views on what my rights should be, using the club of social media to force compliance, preventing my right to assemble with violence, etc.)

Not websters definition, but the commonly held interpretation of focing (generally political) compliance with a doctrine through the threat of or use of force. I see far more of that by the left.

Joe, you are dead on, antifa physically violent against anyone they disagree with, facebook and google will now "fact check" posts and news and eliminate anything they deem fake news, California limiting our carbon, creating CARB and demanding we call first before a backyard fire (yep, I do that... Not).  And the current wave of gun confiscation teenagers all funded by Soros, Steyer, Handgun control, et al in an attempt to disarm the legal gun owning public by shaming them and equating them (you and me) to felons, fools, dinosaurs, ignorant ones.....   All while they plot and plan to confiscate all guns via "common sense gun laws". with the full support and admiration of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NPR......   Yep, not gonna happen.   As Charlton Heston once said........   Well, you know what he said....  If you don't, look it up.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Yep. The latest example is the attempt to force Laura Ingraham off the air by threatening her advertisers.  And what was her egregious crime??  Calling punk Hogg a whiner because he complained that colleges were rejecting him.  Nice.  Lefty Dem progs are a cancer on our society, and it's why Trump won in a landslide.  Keep it up Dems, you psychos.

#6 ghost35me

ghost35me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:26 AM

Good grief. If Trump were a fascist, he wouldn't have the large republican support that put him in office.  The true fascists are the likes of Obama and Hillary.

The left tries to project and obfuscate, throwing out buzzwords to trigger the emotional sheep that is the masses. But it's far from the truth and doesn't take much intelligence and studying to understand this.  That's why the sheep remain sheep -- they either don't have the intelligence and prefer to be lead around by their emotions.  Or they have no will to understand the truth and prefer to be sheep.

It's just so stupid to refer to conservative republicans and Trump as fascist.  It's doubly stupid to believe so.  Nationalists, perhaps. Fascist, ridiculous.

#7 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

First, the definition:

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism,[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce,[3]which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[4] The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I before it spread to other European countries.[4] Opposed to liberalismMarxism and anarchism, fascism is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.

Using this definition, both sides seem to embrace some elements of fascism.   

Be objective folks.  BOTH sides are guilty.

#8 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

Liar. There's a big difference. Our side doesn't try to destroy people for having differing views. Your side are like thugs. The comparison isn't even close. Your willful ignorance and dishonesty is pretty shameful.

#9 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:25 PM

Liar. There's a big difference. Our side doesn't try to destroy people for having differing views. Your side are like thugs. The comparison isn't even close. Your willful ignorance and dishonesty is pretty shameful.

Aces, just put him on "ignore" like he does you and I.  He is not worthy of your time if he does not participate in the exchange of ideas....   I don't see his posts.  He blocks me so I blocked him and I don't care what he says and won't read them until he reads mine.  Two way street as they say.......   You should do the same.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#10 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Chris, I know what you're saying, but it's important to me to embarrass people like him on a public forum. My last post was directed right at him. The point I was making is valid and indisputable, but he won't respond because he's a coward. He knows I'm right. I don't necessarily enjoy embarrassing people on this board, but in his case I'll make an exception. He's a disingenuous liar, and you need look no further than the Laura Ingraham incident to prove my point.

#11 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:57 AM

Joe - I don't disagree with you on some of your points, but the right is just as guilty of some things you mention.  

The right claims to want freedom and smaller government, but in the same breath they also want to have these:

-  The abortion police, who will dictate to all women what they can and can't do with their bodies

-  The flag burning police, even though flag burning has been ruled free speech by the USSC  (three times)

-  The school prayer police, who would force the Lord's Prayer to be posted in every classroom

-  The "No mosque in my neighborhood" police, even though the 1st Amendment guarantees the right to practice any religion

-  The "Ten Commandments" police, who would post them on every government building and courthouse  (If the 10 commandments were made into laws, 8 of them would be unconstitutional) 

And you say the left wants to force people out of jobs?  Just watch what happens to any number of entire industries if Trump gets his way on the tariff argument.  It will be devastating to people working in these industries.  And this coming from the candidate who ran on creating "jobs, jobs, jobs".

One more thing - global warming isn't a belief.  It's a fact.

#12 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:06 AM

One more thing - global warming isn't a belief.  It's a fact.

Again, I call you a liar!!  *Weather Channel founder* and climate realist John Coleman passed away on Jan. 20th, 2018. He had the intelligence, background, and the guts to call-out man-made global warming as bad science and a hoax. Story below. Oh, but I'm sure all you *scam believers* and *GW cultists* know a helluva lot more than Coleman, right? Clowns.

https://www.usnews.c...er-channel-dies

#13 ghost35me

ghost35me

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

First, the definition:

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian nationalism,[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and control of industry and commerce,[3]which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[4] The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I before it spread to other European countries.[4] Opposed to liberalismMarxism and anarchism, fascism is usually placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.

Using this definition, both sides seem to embrace some elements of fascism.   

Be objective folks.  BOTH sides are guilty.

You continue to ignore key words like Authoritarian. Dictatorial. Forcible suppression. Control.

These are all paradigms and tools of the LEFT.  The RIGHT wants freedom and limited government. A government that is subservient to the people it's supposed to serve. Not an authority above all under God.

That you believe Facism is a word that could be applied to conservative republicans just shows how blind you are to the truth.

#14 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

global warming IS a fact Man made global warming is not. 

Your examples were weak and pale compared to the abuses of the leftist agitators.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Madeleine Albright, fascism, Trump, warning

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users