• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

‘A bomb on Trump’s front porch’:
FBI’s Cohen raids hit home for the president

https://www.washingt...m=.9c21a50c3d34

FBI’s seizure on Monday of privileged communications between Trump and his private lawyer, Michael D. Cohen — as well as documents related to a $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels, the adult-film actress who has alleged a sexual affair with Trump — was a particularly extraordinary move that opens a whole new front in the converging legal battles ensnaring the administration.

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#2 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

Yep, the WaPo......   The Bezos funded anti Trump newspaper.........   But anyway, a home server, classified emails, Loretta Lynch meeting Bill on the tarmac a week before the election in Phoenix.........     Actual crimes, classified emails on a server that should not be in your home....   And she walked, the deep state, Comey, the DOJ, the FBI let her go......?   Obvious crimes were committed, other people went to jail for less.....     Now this, a lawyer pays off a (censored) for something that happened 10 years before the election...?  Probably all true....!   Just like the Hillary stuff is true.   She walks, and you get all excited about this....?   At best this lawyer violated some kinda campaign finance rule of which I have no clue of and really don't care to know........    Hillary for prison, that is where she should be.   Sadly she will be comfortable in Chappaqua, nursing her Vodka tonic, when this lawyer goes to jail....  Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#3 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

Too Funny!  Trump's lawyer is raided with warrants for documentation and the right just goes back to talking about Clinton.  Hey guys if they can raid the Clinton house for chargeable offenses, go for it!  Won't bother me.  But,Clinton is really old news and not relevant any more.  The idiot in the White House IS relevant and should be investigated.  If he truly hasn't done anything then he should welcome an investigation that will clear him.  :headbang: :headbang:

#4 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:29 PM

The problem is that the "investigation" has morphed into more than what it was intended (Russian collusion). The special prosecutor was also gotten under hinky circumstances (Comey leaks, FBI malfeasance).  Did he collude? I say absolutely not based on the available evidence. So what does that leave us with? A hunt for any justification to dislike/impeach/ minimize Trump.

To all that I say, "Meh."

What I do find troubling is the trashing o attorney client privilege.  Without laws, our country is doomed. If one has to worry that the government will arbitrarily ignore laws, then we have a problem at the core of the democracy.

The ONLY reason Hillary is relevant is the disparity in how she was treated. HER attorneys were given immunity in return for nothing. Her attorneys were allowed to sit in on her "interview," which was neither recorded, nor was she put under oath.

This whole thing stinks and is an embarrassment to the country.

My guess is that there will be some charges brought for procedural violations of finance and or campaign laws due to business dealings, but the whole collusion narrative is a dry hole.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#5 Who_Do_You_Trust

Who_Do_You_Trust

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:35 PM

My sense is there could be some "collusion", but it may have been accidental or unwitting.  In either case, charges will be brought.  If you accidently kill someone, you will still get charged in some way.  

And pursuing evidence that is out of the scope of the original investigation is indeed appropriate.  If other crimes are discovered, failure to prosecute them would be dereliction of duty for an attorney.  

#6 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:23 AM

Yes, possibly unwitting on Trump's part, but the list is long and well-documented that

Manafort was engaged with the Russians going back many years.

#7 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:34 AM

Too Funny!  Trump's lawyer is raided with warrants for documentation and the right just goes back to talking about Clinton.  Hey guys if they can raid the Clinton house for chargeable offenses, go for it!  Won't bother me.  But,Clinton is really old news and not relevant any more.  The idiot in the White House IS relevant and should be investigated.  If he truly hasn't done anything then he should welcome an investigation that will clear him.  

That is a real problem that people like myself have.  Hillary should have been indicted for her server malfeasance but she got a pass by Comey and others in the FBI.  Others went to jail for much less in this country.  And you can't get away with the "in the past", "old news".  The issue is that Trump is being treated very differently than the Clinton's were, very unfairly and unequally under the law.   Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#8 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:44 AM

Gee, then why not go back to the Garden of Eden an punish Adam and Eve, while you're at it??!

Better to focus on progress than punishment.

Meanwhile, I'm surprised the Alt-Right still shows its face when the Consigliere for the Trump

Crime family just got dragged off to court.

Can you imagine the treasure trove of crimes uncovered by that raid?
It's like Obama's raid on Bin Laden - - all the computers, laptops,

flash drives, papers and documents . . .

Guess I shouldn't be surprised.

There were folks demonstrating in the streets FOR Al Capone when he was arrested.
There were supporters for El Chapo when he was caught.

There were women trying to marry Charles Manson when he was in jail.

Delusional misfits all!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trump, raid, Michael Cohen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users