3 replies to this topic

#1 amazingdave

amazingdave

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

does anyone know what happened in or near Empire Ranch last night around 12:30 that warranted 2 police helicopters and no less than 10 police cars speeding down Golf Links Drive with lights and sirens?

#2 apeman45

apeman45

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:36 AM

I was wondering the same thing. The helicopter was shining it's lights on Empire Oaks school and the police were questioning some youth in the neighboring Mcfarland Park. Seemed like a lot of activity for vandalism at the school. The second chopper being called in makes me think it was more. As soon as the second chopper came both choppers left so they must have got their man. I walk my dog there every night and nothing goes on there other than kids hanging out at the park after hours on rare occasions. The police make nightly rounds through there to keep the kids out and I'm fairly certain it's not drug related. Curious what happenned.

#3 gbfolsom

gbfolsom

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

I was still up working and went out front to look when I heard the helicopters/sirens (I'm right across from the school). Couldn't tell what was going on so I closed up the house and stayed inside just in case. I tried to use one of the police scanner apps I downloaded to my phone, but I can never understand what they are saying. No Nixle alerts so it couldn't have been too serious even though it looked like it at the time.

#4 amazingdave

amazingdave

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:40 AM

From the Folsom police log…

9/25/2012
12:05 AM
Drunk driving pursuit E. Natoma Street / Bonhill Drive
Beat 3
CHP in pursuit of vehicle. Vehicle entered city limits. Min Lee, 45, of Folsom apprehended and arrested
by Folsom Police Officers for 2800.2 PC, 23152 VC. Booked to Sacramento County Jail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users