3 replies to this topic

#1 Folsomite

Folsomite

Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 12:05 AM

What does everyone think about Heather Fargo's BRILLIANT idea to propose a 'living wage' for Sacramento residents? She wants to raise minimum wage to almost $13 an hour so residents can all of a sudden have more money.

Psssst... Mayor Fargo, I hate to tell you this, but what you are proposing is not a 'living wage', it is 'inflation'. And 'inflation' means us non-Sacto area residents will never visit Sacramento for lunch anymore, since 'inflation' will cause a trip to McDonald's to all of a sudden cost $10 a meal.

Get a clue!!! loco.gif

http://www.sacbee.co...p-6686587c.html
The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.

Ben Stein

#2 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:49 PM

I agree... I never knew much about Mayor Fargo until recently, when I found out that she voted against the Kings staying in town (before she was mayor), and all of a sudden she's for a downtown arena. 2 totally different subjects I know, but I now have come to the conclusion that she is an idiot. I have no respect for her whatsoever anymore - this living wage thing has got to be one of the dumbest ideas in the world. laughcry.gif

#3 jobu

jobu

Netizen

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 09:28 PM

Not to mention Fargo wanted to have a law outlawing "snout houses" in Sacramento - anyone who had a box-type home with a garage attached (kind of like a pig snout), would have to pay to get their house remodeled!

That woman's a moron!!!

#4 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 01 January 2003 - 09:35 PM

i can quite my high tech job and go get dish washing job and be rich.

is she from the liberal gang of San Francisco? or is she bored?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users