• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:17 PM

Rob & Amber are there for ratings, period. Trying to lure in Survivor fans who haven't tuned in yet.

Rob is fun to watch, the guy is always thinking. He just refuses to accept his situation when his back is against the wall. Case in point, him conning 2 other groups in to ditching the road block, bribing bus drivers & cabbies... it's been entertaining. I hope they win, the guy is such a character!

#17 uberman

uberman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • Interests:All things related to nothing.

Posted 18 March 2005 - 02:57 AM

The only reality show I watched was Fox's BOOT CAMP, which sucked, it's tainted the genre for me ever since. I don't feel like getting back into it.
“When facism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” - Sinclair Lewis

#18 Ahnold

Ahnold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:47 AM

*SPOILERS AHEAD - DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LAST NIGHTS SHOW YET*

Man that Boston Rob lives a charmed life! He goes from giving up on a challenge and finishing fifth to re-take the lead!?? I don't particularly care for the guy but I sure loved the look on everyone's faces when they hopped on the first plane! I won't miss the mom/son team.. he annoyed the heck out of me, although I would have paid good money to see that muscle-bound jerk and his poor wife lose to the older couple!

#19 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:19 AM

Ahnold, you are soooo right about the staging. VERY suspicious how the plane had not yet taken off or been closed to passenger entry. The plane was not delayed yet it was late and there were no security issues preventing A&R from just jumping on the plane AFTER the scheduled takeoff. Never seen this before on this show. Also, I strongly suspect that those two boats that broke down were set to do so ahead of time also.

I am watching everything with a suspicious eye now.

I also hope the jerk is next to go. Still sticking with the two guys (non-gay) to win, although they've done a few dumb things along the way.
"L'essential est invisible pour les yeux."

#20 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 08:33 AM

Holy cow that old woman Gretchen has got to be one of the most obnoxious people on the planet. And the two gays dudes are really pathetic with their pointless hatred of Rob and Amber...not to mention the gay dudes are extremely annoying too.

BTW, anyone see the bloody previews of next week's episode?

#21 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE(benning @ Mar 23 2005, 10:19 AM)
Ahnold, you are soooo right about the staging.  VERY suspicious how the plane had not yet taken off or been closed to passenger entry.  The plane was not delayed yet it was late and there were no security issues preventing A&R from just jumping on the plane AFTER the scheduled takeoff.  Never seen this before on this show. Also, I strongly suspect that those two boats that broke down were set to do so ahead of time also. 

I am watching everything with a suspicious eye now. 

I also hope the jerk is next to go.  Still sticking with the two guys (non-gay) to win, although they've done a few dumb things along the way.

View Post

Keep in mind, people who watch "Survivor" know who Rob & Amber are... they probably get recognized everywhere. As such, lots of people at airports, etc probably help them out a lot.

#22 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:19 PM

1) Chad, your new sig is disgusting.
2) I have been rooting for Rob & Amber this whole time. Does anyone think they should have stopped to see if everyone was OK? I have mixed emotions, I think they should have stopped... but everyone else has been treating them so poorly I can kind of see why they didn't.

#23 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE(john @ Mar 29 2005, 10:19 PM)
2) I have been rooting for Rob & Amber this whole time. Does anyone think they should have stopped to see if everyone was OK? I have mixed emotions, I think they should have stopped... but everyone else has been treating them so poorly I can kind of see why they didn't.

View Post

Of course they should have; it's got nothing to do with how they think they're being treated. There was an auto accident. A person was lying on the ground in pain. They also should have given that old couple some money. Now that that other A**hole is gone, I think Rob is trying out for the position.

#24 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(john @ Mar 29 2005, 10:19 PM)

View Post

1. No, it's delicious looking

2. They maybe should have stopped quick to make sure no one was hurt, you know, a rolling stop or something.

But I am glad they didn't give money to those oldsters. If no one had they would not have had money for the train which would have a) made great TV watching Gretchen lose her mind and b) guaranteed everyone else a spot in the next stage.

#25 Ahnold

Ahnold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 08:13 AM

I have to agree that (1) Rob and Amber shouldn't have felt compelled to give money to another contestant in the race but (2) in a life threatening situation such as the car crash, they should have checked to see if first aid was required or if they could offer to go get help.

I'm very pleased to see that abusive jerk eliminated. I hope his gf has the sense to climb in her new truck and run over his arse!

#26 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:00 PM

Why won'tl they let the poor old couple Gretchen/Meredith go in peace? You just KNEW the first hour was going to end in a non-elimination....you could almost see Gretchen's body creak/moan when they told them that they were staying....then took their money....then their backpack.... I'm guessing they'd have been just as happy to find a warm bed and a bath at that point instead of going around begging for help.

#27 benning

benning

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 05:52 PM

They did look a bit rejuvinated the next day.
I like how they were celebrating 5th place... 'that's the best we've ever done'!

#28 jtroiano

jtroiano

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 10:02 PM

Does anyone else wonder if Rob & Amber were in an accident if the other teams would have stopped for them.

#29 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:15 AM

Anyone watch the season premier last night? It's a "family edition" so there is a real chance of this season sucking...but last night was pretty good.

In a weird, amusing sidenote, the only black family on the show was named "The Black Family", which made for unintentionally funny moments the producers must have gone crazy trying to avoid. Sadly, they were among the nicest on the show but were eliminated.

#30 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 06:26 PM

They may have screwed it up this time by bringing the kids into it.

I liked the two adults idea best.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users