29 replies to this topic

#1 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

We would like to drive through to look at homes for sale, can we get in just by advising the guard this??

#2 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

I would assume that the guard probably can't just let anyone in because they say they are browsing around. A Real Estate Agent should be able to get you in. They may have to let the seller know so you are on an access list. This is all just me guessing... I'm sure someone like the great Steve Heard will chime in. :)
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#3 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:58 PM

Throw a Papa John's Pizza sign on top of your car and they'll wave you right in.

#4 SacDJ

SacDJ

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Throw a Papa John's pizza at the gate guard and he'll wash your windows as you drive thru.

#5 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:24 PM

The gates aren't manned. I've had limited luck getting the keypads to work. When I drop my son off to visit his friend, I frequently just wait for someone else to enter or leave and then quickly pass through the gate.

Community gates are a PITA.

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 02:29 PM

The gates aren't manned. I've had limited luck getting the keypads to work. When I drop my son off to visit his friend, I frequently just wait for someone else to enter or leave and then quickly pass through the gate.

Community gates are a PITA.

That's what I was thinking. If the gates are not manned, just follow the landscapers in.

#7 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

There are special codes that emergency folks use, if you are creative I am sure you can think of them........
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#8 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

Throw a Papa John's pizza at the gate guard and he'll wash your windows as you drive thru.

hahahaha

There are special codes that emergency folks use, if you are creative I am sure you can think of them........

Uh, no way, thats bad magic! I'll call the realtor, or wait for a car who is going in. . .Thanks all the same.

Uh, no way, thats bad magic! I'll call the realtor, or wait for a car who is going in. . .Thanks all the same.

#9 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

What's the difference between following a car in, or punching in a code?

Jimi Hendrix

#10 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

Just curious why some here think it is ok to tailgate or enter emergency codes into a gated community?

i can trust and respect everyone most people on MyFolsom forums but question getting past the gates. It would be like someone wanting to tour your house to see how well you decorated it by tailgating behind you as the garage opens or trying skeleton keys to unlock the door. Not right.

#11 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:10 AM

Just curious why some here think it is ok to tailgate or enter emergency codes into a gated community?

i can trust and respect everyone most people on MyFolsom forums but question getting past the gates. It would be like someone wanting to tour your house to see how well you decorated it by tailgating behind you as the garage opens or trying skeleton keys to unlock the door. Not right.

The two times I've done it have not been out of curiosity. Once was to deliver something of a time-sensitive nature and the person had not mentioned they lived in a gated community and there was no intercom-type system.

The other time was to visit someone who lived in a gated community that was expecting us and we knew they were busy hosting a party so rather than making them buzz us in we followed in another car.

But I do wonder how you would go about seeing what is available for sale in a gated neighborhood if you weren't ready to commit to driving around with a Realtor.

#12 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

I had a visit to that gated community once. It felt weird, like being behind a prison gate. Not for me, but for those who are very concerned about privacy I'm sure it's nice, well except for the fact the houses are stacked next to each other, not much neighbor to neighbor privacy I bet.

#13 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:33 AM

I will add the gates in most FM or EDH gated communities offer a minimal deterrent just like a car alarm - i.e if someone wants in, they can get in without much fuss or announcement.

#14 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

I will add the gates in most FM or EDH gated communities offer a minimal deterrent just like a car alarm - i.e if someone wants in, they can get in without much fuss or announcement.

+100

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#15 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:29 PM

I don't go roaming past gates because it thrills me, I do a lot of business inside those gates and 9 times out of 10 I either have the code from the customer I am there to see, or from a previous customer. On the rare occasions that I didn't get the code, forgot the code, the code doesn't work or the customer won't answer the phone, you can bet I am going to either follow a car in, or punch in a universal code like the garbage man, UPS, and yes emergency personnel use.

But yes, my previous post to the OP was what's the difference between sneaking in(code), and sneaking in(tailgate)? They seemed to make a distinction between the two.

Respectfully yours

Jimi Hendrix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users