#16 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE(FatBear @ Sep 3 2008, 09:21 AM) View Post
Honestly, does anyone really know what kind of work they will be doing in this facility? Will it be any different than any other "office"?

My hubby used to work for the ISO and I've been in the building they currently use. The facility is a typical office building: cubicles, conference rooms, lots of computers, etc. They have the "control room" that we've all seen on the local news whenever they have announced a power emergency. Pretty typical stuff.

#17 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(kaybird @ Sep 3 2008, 09:23 AM) View Post
My hubby used to work for the ISO and I've been in the building they currently use. The facility is a typical office building: cubicles, conference rooms, lots of computers, etc. They have the "control room" that we've all seen on the local news whenever they have announced a power emergency. Pretty typical stuff.

the good news is that people living near Cal-Iso probably don't have to worry about suffering a blackout during any energy crisis!

does that mean their huge facility down along Lake Natoma is going to be empty soon?
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#18 driver

driver

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE(4thgenFolsomite @ Sep 3 2008, 11:02 AM) View Post
the good news is that people living near Cal-Iso probably don't have to worry about suffering a blackout during any energy crisis!

A huuuge doubt wacko.gif about that

#19 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE(driver @ Aug 28 2008, 04:30 PM) View Post
The noise isn't really an issue, once the last row of houses near the road will be completed, they will block the noise.
I've heard also, that there is a plan to plant some trees to make a buffer.
I hope it will be done ...

FYI, trees do not create a noise buffer. Noise travels through cracks so to block the noise, it has to be solid. Not bushes, not trees, but a solid fence without cracks.

#20 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(driver @ Sep 3 2008, 10:05 AM) View Post
A huuuge doubt wacko.gif about that

why would you doubt that? they will definately keep the power on in their neighborhood in a crisis. they have to. it's an incredibly important security facility. thanks for the wacko face though. i was really just trying to be positive. but I can see you're set on being unhappy with things you can't change. I really doubt its going to effect your property value, if that is what you meant by property cost. value and cost are, by the way, two different things.

#21 FatBear

FatBear

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(kaybird @ Sep 3 2008, 10:23 AM) View Post

Thats what I thought... So it really shouldn't affect the property value at all... Pretty much everything along that corridor is commercial anyway, except that development, so potential buyers would probably already expect a commercial building around that site.

Of course, some buyers might look at the open/empty lot and assume either it was more residential or just open space, but that's why you shouldn't assume anything...

As for those buyers that bought those townhomes, I'd go back through all you paperwork. If there were disclosures, you probably signed them. Of course, if everything was already zoned "commercial" and Cal-ISO owned it since 2000, it might not needed to be disclosed by the developer (it might have already been public record)...

Do your homework, before buying anything, and never trust the salesman...

#22 driver

driver

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(4thgenFolsomite @ Sep 3 2008, 12:45 PM) View Post
why would you doubt that? they will definately keep the power on in their neighborhood in a crisis. they have to. it's an incredibly important security facility. thanks for the wacko face though. i was really just trying to be positive. but I can see you're set on being unhappy with things you can't change. I really doubt its going to effect your property value, if that is what you meant by property cost. value and cost are, by the way, two different things.

Thanks for your comments 4thgenFolsomite,
I am just really stressed going through all the stuff these days...

#23 kaybird

kaybird

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(4thgenFolsomite @ Sep 3 2008, 12:45 PM) View Post

I talked to my husband (the ex-ISO employee) about this and he says they have generators for their building that would supply power in case of emergency. They'd have no impact on a power outage.

I also asked him if he would want us to buy a house or condo near the facility. He said other than the traffic coming in and out of the parking lot there would really be no impact to us.

... for what that's worth to you.

#24 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(driver @ Sep 3 2008, 01:42 PM) View Post
Thanks for your comments 4thgenFolsomite,
I am just really stressed going through all the stuff these days...

I think a lot of people feel stressed, so its understandable. The media has us on a constant feed of stress-inducing news, as I'm sure you know, just to keep us watching. Try to tune it out. I think you are better off with that high security facility next to you than you would be with a mall or theater nearby. They will be watching what's going on around them. I have noticed with the malls that there is a lot more crime in the nearby neighborhoods. That won't be the case with yours.

You bought in a good neighborhood in a good location. It has easy access to the freeway and Iron Point, close to Intel and good biketrails nearby. You're going to be fine. Just hang in there a while. Your property values will go up, not down. and don't watch the news so often or listen to people who are fear mongerers. smile.gif You'll be okay.

#25 newday

newday

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:50 AM

I have relatives that bought in that neighborhood and love it. I agree with them that the homes are nice and the area is quiet. They like being walking distance to some services, isn't that what we are supposed to be building in the suburbs to reduce driving? Hard to believe though that workers will use the same entrance that residents do, is that confirmed?

#26 driver

driver

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(4thgenFolsomite @ Sep 4 2008, 09:28 AM) View Post
I think a lot of people feel stressed, so its understandable. The media has us on a constant feed of stress-inducing news, as I'm sure you know, just to keep us watching. Try to tune it out. I think you are better off with that high security facility next to you than you would be with a mall or theater nearby. They will be watching what's going on around them. I have noticed with the malls that there is a lot more crime in the nearby neighborhoods. That won't be the case with yours.

You bought in a good neighborhood in a good location. It has easy access to the freeway and Iron Point, close to Intel and good biketrails nearby. You're going to be fine. Just hang in there a while. Your property values will go up, not down. and don't watch the news so often or listen to people who are fear mongerers. smile.gif You'll be okay.

Thank You for the kind words!

#27 driver

driver

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(newday @ Sep 4 2008, 09:50 AM) View Post
Hard to believe though that workers will use the same entrance that residents do, is that confirmed?

Yes, unfortunately this is on the agenda today.
Please see it on :

http://folsom.granic...amp;clip_id=374

JUMP to ITEM 10
ans move the bar till you'll get to 4:00:00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users