• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mickey

Mickey

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 02:44 PM

I am in the process of trying to have Folsom Adopt a Unit so that we might make life a little easier for those serving our country. I have written a letter to our City Council members, the Mayor, and Senator Cox.

If you are interested please check out the following site:

http://www.asa-usa.o...gename=AboutASA

This explains it better then I could. I would like to get enough support to present this to our community leaders to start a group here and maybe make it a little more pleasent when our soldiers come home or make their days a little brighter with support mail. Just a simple Good Day.

If we can get a division to sponsor wouldn't it make it a little easier for that division knowing they have a community that supports them and keeps in touch with them, as well as sends them items that remind them of home?

We need your help.

Thank you,
Mickey
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

#2 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 10:59 PM

I appreciate you for doing this. I am looking forward to the support. usa.gif usa.gif

#3 OctoberLily

OctoberLily

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Interests:My interests vary. However, they focus mainly on my husband and children. Getting my boys through college and creating a good life for themselves. I enjoy anything creative, artistic and thought provoking. Music ranges from Andrea Boccelli to some hiphop groups. I enjoy dancing, singing and life in general. Former U.S. Marine - pretty conservative in my opinions but always open to listening to what others have to say.

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:27 PM

I think this is a great idea!! You should contact the local VFW posts around town and get their support. They are very vocal here in the City and may be able to push your movement a little faster.
"The only thing we can take with us from this life is the good that we have done to others."

"Our strength will be found in our charity." [Betty J. Eadie]

"Being a mom is the most rewarding job I have ever had!"

"SEMPER FIDELIS! USMC"

#4 Mickey

Mickey

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE(OctoberLily @ Jan 1 2007, 04:27 PM)  
I think this is a great idea!! You should contact the local VFW posts around town and get their support. They are very vocal here in the City and may be able to push your movement a little faster.

OctoberLily, Thank you for the great idea. I will try to do just as you suggested. It helps to have kind folks who wish to gave a hand. Thanks again, Mickey.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

#5 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Seems like a great program! Good luck with your efforts.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#6 Mickey

Mickey

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

I talked to the Mayor today and it looks like a go. He said that he doesn't see any reason that it should be turned down. He should probably know that after a meeting tomorrow. So far it is planned to be announced at the February 13th City Council meeting. I would appreciate any supports to show up and show your support. We're on the move now.

If you are interested in supporting this effort please e-mail FolsomASA@comcast.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users