• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Scottt

Scottt

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Why are there always cars parked on Back Diamond Drive? Always!

#2 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Because the community inside the gates doesn't allow parking on the streets.

#3 Scottt

Scottt

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

Wow...park the car outside the gate then walk home? All I can say is wow? Not that I'm lazy, but I would like my car in the driveway or garage at night...that's just me.

#4 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

The houses are smaller, there are only two car garages and most homes don't have driveways, only alleys. When I lived there my two-car garage held my one car and storage. When people visited they had to park on Black Diamond. If your teen had a car they would have to park it there too. It was a pain but such is life.

#5 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

I do find it interesting that a developer can build a project that intentionally disallows street parking so that dozens of cars will habitually park outside the neighborhood-- thus transferring what would be an eyesore or inconvenience inside the neighborhood to people who live outside the neighborhood.

I realize one could say it's not so bad since no houses actually face onto Black Diamond. But I still find it kind of weird. I mean, if that community decided it didn't like to have trash cans on the street, could it make all the residents line up their cans on Black Diamond? If everyone on my street decided we don't like street parking, could we all agree to park our cars one block over?

In general, I think communities should be designed with idea that neighborhood impacts stay in the community.

#6 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'm not 100% certain the developer had that in mind or even thought about that. I would assume they figured most families have two cars and those two cars would be parked in the garage.

At any rate I don't expect anything good from that whole community as I've had to deal with their association before and they are highly unreasonable. My backyard backs up to that community and their gardeners we're throwing large branches of their ivy into my yard. I contacted the association about it and was immediately told their gardeners wouldn't do that. I went round and round and finally threatened legal action. (there was a lot more to it) Came home a couple days later to find their gardeners in my back yard. The thing is, they can't get into my yard from their side as my side is higher than theirs. There's a good 20 foot wall on their side. So these guys came into my property and went in my backyard without any permission.

#7 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Well hopefully they were giving you some free gardening in exchange for their continual littering!

I'm not 100% certain the developer had that in mind or even thought about that. I would assume they figured most families have two cars and those two cars would be parked in the garage.

At any rate I don't expect anything good from that whole community as I've had to deal with their association before and they are highly unreasonable. My backyard backs up to that community and their gardeners we're throwing large branches of their ivy into my yard. I contacted the association about it and was immediately told their gardeners wouldn't do that. I went round and round and finally threatened legal action. (there was a lot more to it) Came home a couple days later to find their gardeners in my back yard. The thing is, they can't get into my yard from their side as my side is higher than theirs. There's a good 20 foot wall on their side. So these guys came into my property and went in my backyard without any permission.

#8 Scottt

Scottt

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

So...do you think that there would be anyway that the city would change the parking on Black Diamond to stop the overnight parking? Maybe no parking from 11pm to 6am.

#9 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:32 AM

I do find it interesting that a developer can build a project that intentionally disallows street parking so that dozens of cars will habitually park outside the neighborhood-- thus transferring what would be an eyesore or inconvenience inside the neighborhood to people who live outside the neighborhood.

I realize one could say it's not so bad since no houses actually face onto Black Diamond. But I still find it kind of weird. I mean, if that community decided it didn't like to have trash cans on the street, could it make all the residents line up their cans on Black Diamond? If everyone on my street decided we don't like street parking, could we all agree to park our cars one block over?

In general, I think communities should be designed with idea that neighborhood impacts stay in the community.

I agree it may not have been the best design but people who move in should understand that they have two parking options -- park in their garage or park on Black Diamond. The City of Folsom and Sacramento county approved the CC&Rs that describe the limited parking options.

The HOA has looked at options to create more overnight parking options within the community (reducing cars on Black Diamond) but all have been rebuffed by the HOA members (many of them are the same people that are parking on Black Diamond). Also, many people don't realize that HOA boards of directors exist to enforce the CC&Rs and can't unilaterally change them -- only 2/3 of the HOA membership can do that. Depending on the language in the governing documents, HOA boards have extremely limited flexibility in making changes or interpreting the rules.

#10 25or6to4

25or6to4

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

I agree it may not have been the best design but people who move in should understand that they have two parking options -- park in their garage or park on Black Diamond. The City of Folsom and Sacramento county approved the CC&Rs that describe the limited parking options.

The HOA has looked at options to create more overnight parking options within the community (reducing cars on Black Diamond) but all have been rebuffed by the HOA members (many of them are the same people that are parking on Black Diamond). Also, many people don't realize that HOA boards of directors exist to enforce the CC&Rs and can't unilaterally change them -- only 2/3 of the HOA membership can do that. Depending on the language in the governing documents, HOA boards have extremely limited flexibility in making changes or interpreting the rules.

Maybe the city should ban parking on Black Diamond, if the folks inside the walls have to walk too far to get to their car, then they will figure out how to change their CC&R's to something less ridiculous.
"And the Wind cries Mary"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users