• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

All this traffic and what about the mosque?  If and when it's completed, that will certainly add to the congestion and backup during rush hour.

#32 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

All this traffic and what about the mosque?  If and when it's completed, that will certainly add to the congestion and backup during rush hour.

No kidding. Right now they are shacked up on S. Lexington next to Lakeside. Bought up all the insurance bldgs etc which now houses "The Muslim Community Church." When it's in sessions there are cars all over the place, not nearly enough parking. And there is even less space at the mosque corner.

#33 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

Just received an update from the city.  They confirmed that the signal light project was combined with the widening project and will also include bike lanes and sidewalks (finally!).  Designs are already complete and they've received bids from contractors. The item will be on the Feb 10 council meeting agenda and, if approved, work should begin in March.

One interesting thing is that they said "minor road widening". I guess that means widening just to accommodate the bike lanes and sidewalks and nothing to alleviate the merge mayhem at that spot.

"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#34 kcrides99

kcrides99

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:07 AM

Ken I think that the mayhem spot will be resolved with the signal... I don't recall it being a problem before the stop sign... Glad to see the addition of sidewalks and bikelanes though!

#35 Sonny

Sonny

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

Sounds great that something will be done soon.  I still think the merge after the intersection would be best for traffic flow and avoiding rage.  Motorists will still jockey for position when the light is red.  But better indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users