• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Mar 16 2008, 07:36 PM) View Post
Great pics, Darth.

Thanks.
...the Harrier and the parachute jumpers didn't go on because of wind. Too bad! that Harrier demonstration is awesome.

Yes, I was disappointed not to see it, or the hang glider. I'd also have liked to see an F-22, still haven't seen one except at Edwards several years ago, and that was before they really uncorked them for air shows and it just flew around.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#32 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Mar 16 2008, 07:11 PM) View Post
Here's my pics! Click this one for more.

Nice pics Darth. Excellent clarity. I see you were using a D40X. Is that the 18-135 lens?
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

#33 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE(Silverado @ Mar 16 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post
Nice pics Darth. Excellent clarity. I see you were using a D40X. Is that the 18-135 lens?

Stalker! tongue.gif

I have the 55-200 lens for most of these shots. I wanted the one that's stabilized and goes to 300 mm but thankfully for my wallet they were out the night before I went to Reno for the air races. You can tell this lens isn't the greatest by the way the center is more exposed than the corners in the sky shots... but I like the effect so I don't really mind. I just wish I had the dramatic sky you have for your shots.

I do love the camera, the colors really pop. If I was buying agian I think I'd get the one with the smarter auto focus, though.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

#34 Silverado

Silverado

Superstar

• Photographer
  • 782 posts
  • Interests:Photography, ATVs, Jeepin', the Great Outdoors

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Mar 16 2008, 08:40 PM) View Post
Stalker! tongue.gif

I have the 55-200 lens for most of these shots. I wanted the one that's stabilized and goes to 300 mm but thankfully for my wallet they were out the night before I went to Reno for the air races. You can tell this lens isn't the greatest by the way the center is more exposed than the corners in the sky shots... but I like the effect so I don't really mind. I just wish I had the dramatic sky you have for your shots.

I do love the camera, the colors really pop. If I was buying agian I think I'd get the one with the smarter auto focus, though.

If you want to make the colors pop even more, in the custom settings menu set the color mode to IIIa and the saturation to enhanced.
The inconsistencies are so compounded as to present a seemingly impossible phenomenon. -Mr. Spock

#35 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

Just saw the Angels leave all together... they are gone for another year..

#36 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Mar 16 2008, 07:40 PM) View Post
Stalker! tongue.gif

**nerd alert** tongue.gif
<3

#37 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:08 PM

More of Silverado's great photo set here:
http://www.tomatopag...erAirShow.shtml

I must say, a lot of these photos would make great wallpaper. I would have give hi-res versions of all of them if I didn't have to worry about bandwidth.

#38 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:54 AM

holy crap!! Those are BEAUTIFUL!! They don't even look REAL!! specool.gif
<3

#39 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Mar 19 2008, 08:54 AM) View Post
holy crap!! Those are BEAUTIFUL!! They don't even look REAL!! specool.gif

It's the backlit clouds that do it. And he timed his shots too so the planes are lined up better. Timing is everything! My pics were on Sunday when it was clear out, and the planes merely look badly lit. The flight line is at a pretty bad angle for photography, everything comes out silhouetted.

#40 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Mar 19 2008, 08:21 AM) View Post
It's the backlit clouds that do it. And he timed his shots too so the planes are lined up better. Timing is everything! My pics were on Sunday when it was clear out, and the planes merely look badly lit. The flight line is at a pretty bad angle for photography, everything comes out silhouetted.

I liked your pictures too DL smile.gif
<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users