#1 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Hey All:

My department at work is having a luncheon on Friday at The Firehouse in Old Sac. I've never been, but am looking forward to it.

Yesterday, one of my co-workers asked the other co-workers what they were going to wear and ultimately said that they were going to just wear jeans with "a nice shirt".

This surprised me, because although I have never been to The Firehouse, I had always been under the impression that it was more than a "jeans" type of place.

Can someone who has actually been to The Firehouse let me know the appropriate attire for the lunch hour.

(I will probably still dress up a little nicer because that's just me and seeing how this is a luncheon to "celebrate" the fact that our department is being relocated to Florida, well, I just feel like it warrants more than jean.)
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#2 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

I've never been there for lunch, but have been several times for dinner, and it was more than a jeans-type attire, though not overly stuffy. I usually wear a skirt, casual shirt, and dressy flip-flops, and don't feel out of place. It's been a couple of years since my last visit, so maybe it has become more casual.

#3 titusan

titusan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

The lunch crowd is mostly business attire, in my experience.

#4 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

I just called and asked for you. Answer: business casual. I know my company does not allow jeans as business casual, but perhaps your office thinks otherwise.

Have fun! smile.gif

#5 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(aztransplant @ Jul 16 2008, 12:31 PM) View Post
I just called and asked for you. Answer: business casual. I know my company does not allow jeans as business casual, but perhaps your office thinks otherwise.

Have fun! smile.gif

Wow, thanks! I was going to do the same, but needed to be away from work, as I didn't want to offend the person who had done the asking. And nope, we're business casual in our office doesn't mean jeans. Of course, we're Dead Women Walking, so they're pretty much just look right through us.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#6 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:57 AM

Jeans are not appropriate, although more and more people seem to think you can wear jeans anywhere these days. I would wear Dockers pants and a golf shirt and I'd be fine.
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users