#31 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE(stacycam @ May 30 2007, 06:16 PM) View Post
Thanks for the input. I may try switching to O'Malley's group, as Tracey suggested, and just hope to find availability.

Dr. Hepworth saw my son when he was born. He seemed okay. I don't have a strong memory either way. Does he rush through appts? Is he warm, and does he interact well with the kids?

Ashleesq - I know Dr. Lloren personally, and I just don't see him as a good fit for me.

This whole search just totally bums me out because I loved our ped so much. sad.gif

I always felt rushed with Dr. Hepworth. We went to that practice b/c we just loved Dr. Earl. When she left, so did we.

#32 gm2005

gm2005

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(ashleeesq @ May 30 2007, 02:51 PM) View Post
Not sure what your aversion to Dr. Lloren is. He's my daughter's (6 months old) doctor and so far I like his office. He has same day sick appointments, also has a nurse available for phone advice during the day, and Dr. Lloren himself called us back on a Sunday night when we had a concern. He called within 10 minutes.

Just wanted to add more information to the mix.

I know what you mean. Dr Lloren is awsom. DD was a preemie and we have lived in the office. rolleyes.gif
He is awsome with DD, takes all the time, never rushes, stayed during lunch, calls back right away, etc.
We could not ask for a better pediatrician.

#33 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

Someone told me about Dr. Garg, who used to be in Dr. Arab's group. I think I may check into her and Dr. Mohan.

Thanks so much for all the great input. If anyone else has any info, that would be great. I'm sure it would help many others, too.

#34 szmomof4

szmomof4

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 06:00 AM

We love Dr. Frank at UCD pediatrics. He is reserved but very kind with children. We never have any trouble getting in to see him. He is good with follow-through and has called us at home to see how a sick child is doing.

#35 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(stacycam @ Jun 5 2007, 10:59 PM) View Post
Someone told me about Dr. Garg, who used to be in Dr. Arab's group. I think I may check into her and Dr. Mohan.

Thanks so much for all the great input. If anyone else has any info, that would be great. I'm sure it would help many others, too.

Well, we felt VERY re-assured (sarcasm, by the way) when we called the on-call doctor and Dr. Garg told us not to worry about the 103.9 temperature my daughter had at 18 months of age. Not a whole lot of bedside manner or compassion in that one.

If we knew she was part of the group, we would run to another doctor. She did seem to mellow, though, once she had a child of her own.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#36 Howdy

Howdy

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(stacycam @ May 30 2007, 06:16 PM) View Post
Thanks for the input. I may try switching to O'Malley's group, as Tracey suggested, and just hope to find availability.

I have heard good things about O'Malley. We never cared for Dr. Frank the few times we have had to see him. His personality is about as colorful as a UPS uniform.

We are looking at getting out of that UCD office where the kids have been going the last 5 years. You are always on hold for 10 minutes before you can speak to anyone and when you do they want to take your number and call you back later or the next day. They seem to be seriously understaffed. If you have a sick child you better call the minute the office opens if you want to have any chance in getting in that day.

#37 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 11:51 AM

I tried Dr. Lloren and was not happy to be honest. His staff is nice but he gave my daughter a shot while having a double ear infection and cold plus kept her on and off antibiotics. In the midst of all of this, we saw his nurse practitioner and she totally diagnosed her with a completely different illness and pushed another antibiotic. I found Dr. Lloren to be sarcastic and I felt he put me down for my views.

#38 kaloo

kaloo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE(Mossy @ Jun 6 2007, 12:51 PM) View Post
I tried Dr. Lloren and was not happy to be honest. His staff is nice but he gave my daughter a shot while having a double ear infection and cold plus kept her on and off antibiotics. In the midst of all of this, we saw his nurse practitioner and she totally diagnosed her with a completely different illness and pushed another antibiotic. I found Dr. Lloren to be sarcastic and I felt he put me down for my views.

i cannot agree with you more. i didn't like him one bit. we saw him be very rude to one of his assistant too...not nice at all.

#39 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

Bummer. this is a tough one. It seems like there is no really great situation. It sounds like the good drs are in a busy practice, which means you don't get great service. Based on all the conflicting information, it is so clear just what a personal decision selecting a doctor is. I really have to think.

tgianco - thanks for that comment. I am a WAY laid back parent, and I probably wouldn't have even called on that temp (I'm in the camp of the fever fighting the infection wink.gif ), but I still like to have sensitivity and compassion when I do call. I remember calling the advice nurse when my first child got the first goose egg on her head, panicking that she may have brain damage, and having them reassure me and be very understanding. As a parent, if I am worried, I don't want my concerns dismissed, no matter the severity.

#40 folsomnewbie1

folsomnewbie1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(tgianco @ Jun 6 2007, 09:12 AM) View Post
Well, we felt VERY re-assured (sarcasm, by the way) when we called the on-call doctor and Dr. Garg told us not to worry about the 103.9 temperature my daughter had at 18 months of age. Not a whole lot of bedside manner or compassion in that one.

If we knew she was part of the group, we would run to another doctor. She did seem to mellow, though, once she had a child of her own.

This is interesting to me because my experiences with Dr. Garg have been completely different. I was taking my daughter there when she was first born and I decided to switch because 1. at that time she was at Dr Arab's office, which was horribly run (the office itself- I know that the dr's themselves are great), and 2. because I actually found her to be a little TOO over-cautious-- as a first parent I am fairly mellow and would like to keep it that way). I ended up going to another doctor who was the exact opposite- never worried about anything and never gave my concerns any thought. I heard that Dr. Garg went out on her own so I recently switched back to her.

#41 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(folsomnewbie1 @ Jun 20 2007, 11:39 AM) View Post
This is interesting to me because my experiences with Dr. Garg have been completely different. I was taking my daughter there when she was first born and I decided to switch because 1. at that time she was at Dr Arab's office, which was horribly run (the office itself- I know that the dr's themselves are great), and 2. because I actually found her to be a little TOO over-cautious-- as a first parent I am fairly mellow and would like to keep it that way). I ended up going to another doctor who was the exact opposite- never worried about anything and never gave my concerns any thought. I heard that Dr. Garg went out on her own so I recently switched back to her.

That's why I threw in that little caveat at the end. Times change, and so do people as things happen to them (having a child of your own, for one HUGE instance). I'm glad to hear your experience has been different, and I completely agree with you on how Dr. Arab's (nice guy, good doctor) office is run.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#42 mo0713

mo0713

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 10:26 AM

I know she has already been mentioned but I just have to say Dr. Garg, Dr. Garg, Dr. Garg! I loe her.! I actually used to take my two girls to Dr. Arab's office and would see Dr. Wolfrey. He is a very nice man but he has misdiagnosed my oldest daughter 3 times and my youngest once! They are only two and a half and 11 months! I got tired of his mistakes so I would see Gr. Garg when I would go into the office. I have to agree with the others when they say this his office is horrible run! Anyway, I continued to go there because I came to love Dr. Garg and so did my girls. She has a very good bedside manner about her and made my older daughter feel very comfortable when she would come in (she used to scream bloody murder anytime we would get close to the doctor's office). It is true she is pretty cautious. However, I would rather have a very conservative doctor when it comes to my girls and I can choose to filter out what I think is serious and not serious. She has her own practice now, Mission Care Periatrics and it is clean, friendly and very well-run! My new nephew also goes to her because my sister-in-law got tired of hearing me rave about her! If you are still in the hunt for a good ped, or anyone else is for the matter...Dr. Garg is a great way to go and she is right here in town!

#43 Mossy

Mossy

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE(mo0713 @ Jun 21 2007, 11:26 AM) View Post
I know she has already been mentioned but I just have to say Dr. Garg, Dr. Garg, Dr. Garg! I loe her.! I actually used to take my two girls to Dr. Arab's office and would see Dr. Wolfrey. He is a very nice man but he has misdiagnosed my oldest daughter 3 times and my youngest once! They are only two and a half and 11 months! I got tired of his mistakes so I would see Gr. Garg when I would go into the office. I have to agree with the others when they say this his office is horrible run! Anyway, I continued to go there because I came to love Dr. Garg and so did my girls. She has a very good bedside manner about her and made my older daughter feel very comfortable when she would come in (she used to scream bloody murder anytime we would get close to the doctor's office). It is true she is pretty cautious. However, I would rather have a very conservative doctor when it comes to my girls and I can choose to filter out what I think is serious and not serious. She has her own practice now, Mission Care Periatrics and it is clean, friendly and very well-run! My new nephew also goes to her because my sister-in-law got tired of hearing me rave about her! If you are still in the hunt for a good ped, or anyone else is for the matter...Dr. Garg is a great way to go and she is right here in town!

What is her Number and does Dr. Garg have a website?

#44 folsomnewbie1

folsomnewbie1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE(Mossy @ Jun 21 2007, 01:08 PM) View Post
What is her Number and does Dr. Garg have a website?

Her # is 983-8696 and website is http://www.missionca....com/About.html

#45 folsomom

folsomom

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:17 AM

anyone have any current info to share on doctor arab? i am currently using dr hepworth, im happy with him but he's on the other side of town, doctor arab is around the corner, is he friendly, chatty, patient? has his office gotten better ( i see from previous posts it seems his office needed some improvement)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users