#91 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(supermom @ Aug 15 2007, 04:42 PM) View Post
That sounds an awful lot like wiccan belief stuff. Becareful--I hear Salem ran out of witches and is now traveling through states offering to exorcize whole cities for a minimal cost (room & board).

Wow, you were probably attempting to be funny, but instead sound kind of ignorant. The circle question sounded pretty much like no sort of Wiccan belief.

No, I am not Wiccan, but I do/have known some and have actually read the crede and various articles and books on the religion itself.

Their crede (or rede, as some have referred to is as) basically states: "That it harm none, do as you will."

Kind of like the Golden Rule in Christianity. I wonder what the stats are on which religion follows that rule/crede better?
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#92 booboo

booboo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(brown @ Aug 15 2007, 04:37 PM) View Post
So here's something I've always wondered...if pi is an infinite number, than isn't the area of any circle an infinite number? How can I draw a circle with a compass and not have a finite area within that circle?

I walked d*pi feet around my house, and it still has a limited square footage, can I sue my RealtorŪ?

#93 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE(Resume Lady @ Aug 15 2007, 11:13 AM) View Post
So if someone else has already made all of the points I would have made, should I repeat them all or just not post if I have nothing new to add to the mix?

Don't post.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#94 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

+ C (1 + r/n) nt
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#95 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

MyFolsom Loser

• Premium Member
  • 5,563 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(brown @ Aug 15 2007, 04:37 PM) View Post
So here's something I've always wondered...if pi is an infinite number, than isn't the area of any circle an infinite number? How can I draw a circle with a compass and not have a finite area within that circle?

I can take an infinite number of half steps toward a wall that is a finite distance from me. (Okay, well I can't personally...)

#96 DalOwnerX3

DalOwnerX3

Fuzzy Folsomite

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ Aug 15 2007, 08:39 PM) View Post
I can take an infinite number of half steps toward a wall that is a finite distance from me. (Okay, well I can't personally...)

Hi Zeno!

#97 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Aug 15 2007, 05:11 PM) View Post
Wow, you were probably attempting to be funny, but instead sound kind of ignorant. The circle question sounded pretty much like no sort of Wiccan belief.

No, I am not Wiccan, but I do/have known some and have actually read the crede and various articles and books on the religion itself.

Their crede (or rede, as some have referred to is as) basically states: "That it harm none, do as you will."

Kind of like the Golden Rule in Christianity. I wonder what the stats are on which religion follows that rule/crede better?

Ah gosh-lighten up. It wasn't an attack on Wiccans or Witches or Aliens. Our culture is in America is steeped in superstition about circles in corn fields.

#98 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Aug 16 2007, 08:19 AM) View Post
Ah gosh-lighten up. It wasn't an attack on Wiccans or Witches or Aliens. Our culture is in America is steeped in superstition about circles in corn fields.

Which, pretty much have nothing to do with Wiccan belief. So, I'm not following your logic, here.

But then again....

You're right. Consider the source. Forget it.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#99 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Aug 16 2007, 08:19 AM) View Post

Wiccans do that? I always thought it was only aliens and rednecks who got blamed for that stuff.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#100 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(Jolene @ Aug 16 2007, 08:57 AM) View Post
Which, pretty much have nothing to do with Wiccan belief. So, I'm not following your logic, here.

But then again....

You're right. Consider the source. Forget it.

No--your right--I am not a good source to talk about the wiccan religion. Perhaps you found the joke insensitive? Sorry--It was not meant to be.

I do however know a very good NCO who was a squad leader of mine for some time. He was Wiccan. I remember him telling me that in the Wiccan society some of them do see corn circles as a religious thing (I can't tell you much as I don't remember).

So anyway-the offhand comment included Wiccans-because from my limited experience with someone who was Wiccan-the corn fields do play something into their beliefs about astrological signs -er something.

"consider" the source? Why do you seem to have beef with me on several threads? Just can't be civil?

#101 Revolutionist

Revolutionist

Liposuction for the brain

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Aug 16 2007, 11:11 AM) View Post
No--your right--I am not a good source to talk about the wiccan religion. Perhaps you found the joke insensitive? Sorry--It was not meant to be.

I do however know a very good NCO who was a squad leader of mine for some time. He was Wiccan. I remember him telling me that in the Wiccan society some of them do see corn circles as a religious thing (I can't tell you much as I don't remember).

So anyway-the offhand comment included Wiccans-because from my limited experience with someone who was Wiccan-the corn fields do play something into their beliefs about astrological signs -er something.

"consider" the source? Why do you seem to have beef with me on several threads? Just can't be civil?

don't apologize. don't explain. It was witty -- a good read. Let it stand on its own. Much better that way.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users