• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

WOW, check this out. Watch the video...

What will they do next?? I am being blown away by so much that I know so little about..

Graphene
Get ready to throw away your present laptops, iPods and cellular phones. This is truly amazing and you thought there was nothing left to invent!  They're going to be as obsolete as 8 track tape, 78 records and cassettes in a very short while.
This is amazing, and the potential seems limitless.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

akkk you tube

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

You are right.  You tube..

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:28 AM

WOW, check this out. Watch the video...

What will they do next?? I am being blown away by so much that I know so little about..

Graphene
Get ready to throw away your present laptops, iPods and cellular phones. This is truly amazing and you thought there was nothing left to invent!  They're going to be as obsolete as 8 track tape, 78 records and cassettes in a very short while.
This is amazing, and the potential seems limitless.

It will never happen using Graphene... it is mostly hype--- and the material cannot ever replace silicon.  It may have a minor use in the future if and when it can be produced at a reasonable price to compete with other materials...

Those screens they show have no electronics and the displays are simply photo shopped.   Graphene is currently only a highly conductive material...

It has also been around in it's present naming for  over a decade. The semiconductor industry has been using graphite materials that were supposed revolutionize semiconductors  for nearly 2-3 decades but never met the performance - cost - benefit that Silicon still holds ...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#5 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

I'll bet we find a Silicon replacement after we send a colony to Mars

#6 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

So many cool materials coming out. Check out Gajitz in their materials section for some really amazing potential materials.  http://gajitz.com/me.../new-materials/

I'm thinking the laser etched metal could have a tremendous usage base. Also check out aerogel. The rest of the site is pretty neat aswell.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users