23 replies to this topic

#16 pampChefLady

pampChefLady

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 01:39 PM

Your friendly Pampered Chef consultant checking in. After selling our house last November (ourselves, I might add... that worked out just fine and I really should follow up on the thread I started back in the fall about it), we bought a house over on Carter Street. We really like this neighborhood a lot! It's funny, so many people seem down with living near the high school, but since our son goes there, and our daughter will next year, we LOVE being close!

Hopefully, we'll see you all out walking in the neighborhood biggrin.gif We'll be the ones with 1 FAT Vizsla and 1 skinny one! hehe

Lisa
Posted Image
Need an electrician? Call my husband!
Byron Wise of WiseCo Electric & Solar offers quality service at affordable rates. A quick search of MyFolsom.com returns recommendations from many satisfied Folsom customers.
www.WiseCoElectric.com or 916-752-4303

PS. I no longer sell Pampered Chef products; now it's just my username :)

#17 Hanalei

Hanalei

Netizen

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:11 AM

So why are you all against the lightrail going in?

#18 New Girl

New Girl

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:06 AM

Not everybody is against light rail. I would welcome the opportunity to walk to a station and go downtown.

Prairie Oaks/Willow Springs is very convenient for the freeway, high school, new elementary school. Close to Safeway and Intel. Used to be easy to go to Old Town but now Sibley is closed in the evening we no longer go there for dinner - in fact I guess that means we no longer go there. Shame - Old Town has a wonderful atmosphere and charm.

#19 CataBird

CataBird

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:My interests are varied, read my websites, and Yahoo Messenger profile. Aaahhh, finally! My Geocities websites are updated. It appears Yahoo has improved PageBuilder so it loads a LOT faster. What a relief! Anyway, now you can check out my sites! Always begin with http://www.geocities.com/catabird. Ciao, Baby!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:04 PM

I agree, New Girl!

I can't wait for light rail to arrive in Folsom. I hate having to drive to Rancho Cordova and park my car in a grocery store parking lot in a bad area just to get downtown. I'm always afraid it won't be there when I return!

For those who think there will be a light rail station ON Iron Point Road, please know the station will be located at or near the intersection of Iron Point Road and FOLSOM BOULEVARD, since the rails run parallel to that road. So, you should not be concerned with increased traffic/parking in our Prairie Oaks area. Remember Prairie Oaks is bordered by Prairie City, Blue Ravine, Oak Avenue Pkwy, and E. Bidwell. There will be no station in this area.

Once the light rail stations are all completed, it will be easier for all residents to get to either downtown Sacramento or downtown Folsom without congesting those downtown areas with traffic and parked cars. Think of the gas we will all save! great.gif
--CataBird

The Believing Blog is back! Wanna See? My Blog

There's even MORE available! Check out Enduring Christian Dogma on Blogger.com!

"He whose walk is upright fears the Lord, but he whose ways are devious despises Him." --Proverbs 14:2

#20 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:22 PM

For you guys information, light rail is already serving all the way to Sunrise Blvd. . I will start taking the light rail to work soon. specool.gif

#21 clearwater

clearwater

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:27 PM

From what I hear it will be a very lonely ride. You will likely have the whole car to yourself. What a waste or $$$$$$. Let me see- how many riders in a year to pay off Millions of dollars PER MILE. HEck ridership wont even cover the maintenance and admin costs.
May the Force ( Kerry / Edwards) be with you...

#22 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:44 PM

But Clear it's here so use it.

#23 clearwater

clearwater

Superstar

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:56 PM

Guess that is true- have fun
May the Force ( Kerry / Edwards) be with you...

#24 cybertrano

cybertrano

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 6,495 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 01:03 PM

I am not too thrill about light rail, but I am using it for work commutting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users