11 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:01 PM

Fair Winds and Following Seas George H.W. Bush

Former President George H.W. Bush Dies At 94

George H.W. Bush was the definition of establishment success: Yale graduate. Prosperous business career. Forty-first president of the United States.

But to one admittedly biased observer, the elder Bush has always been shortchanged.

"As a result of him being a one-term president, historians hadn't paid much attention to him," George W. Bush told NPR in a 2014 interview. He called his father "one of the greatest one-term presidents in the nation's history."

George Herbert Walker Bush died Friday at the age of 94. He had been hospitalized for low blood pressure and fatigue in May, a week after arriving in Maine to spend the summer.

https://www.npr.org/...bush-dies-at-94

https://www.yahoo.co...topstories.html

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 06:52 AM

Sucks that this is in politics. Unfortunately, people can't just honor a former President without getting all in your face political.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:49 AM

Yes, he was a good man indeed.  And I have a soft spot for Naval Aviators, especially torpedo attack pilots like him....  They really had a tough job, fly low, slow, level, and for a long time.....   Easy prey for a Japanese fighter or naval guns.  We lost one from our family in WW2, he flew a TBD Devastator off of the Yorktown, lost him on February 1, 1942.   Thank God George Bush came back though, what a great life he lived.   God bless you Mr. President.

71QsSV2CWEL._SX679_.jpg

1A - 2A = -1A

#4 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

George H W Bush, a President with class!  May he RIP.

#5 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:04 AM

He was part of those great Reagan years. And these Trump years remind me of those great Reagan years.

5576065.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h

#6 Mays

Mays

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

He was part of those great Reagan years. And these Trump years remind me of those great Reagan years.

Are you kidding me? Can't we have one topic without your ridiculous rhetoric? Show some respect, which will be hard for you, I know. Bush was a great leader and man. Try learning something from him.

#7 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:39 PM

I rest my case...

5576065.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#8 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

Trump and 41 were good friends and are very much alike. If that *triggers* you, I'm sorry.

#9 Mays

Mays

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:11 PM

Trump and 41 were good friends and are very much alike. If that *triggers* you, I'm sorry.

HAHAHAHA. Good Friends??!! Seriously, you need to get your facts straight. They were nothing alike. Bush would never talk about himself, wouldnt even write his memoirs. Get a clue.

#10 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 08:23 AM

reagan-trump_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq8QxYGbxe6

Trump, Reagan, and 41... a great 3-way friendship that flew under the radar. A great story!!

#11 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

Great picture...

https://twitter.com/...0790400/photo/1

#12 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

Wow, what a great and thoughtful cartoonist who drew this.....   So good, do well done...!

6981970-6458413-_We_waited_for_you_The_c

1A - 2A = -1A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users