• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmann

jmann

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

Valley Recovery Center in Sacramento is currently seeking individuals that may be suffering from drugs and alcohol to enroll in their recovery programs. A few of the services they offer include detoxification, intensive outpatient programs, residential treatments, dual diagnosis treatments, etc. They accept most insurances which in many cases, will cover the entire cost of your stay. If you also need help making travel arrangements to arrive, they will help you get there. If you or a loved one would like to speak to a counselor about enrolling, please call 888-989-9690 or visit them online at http://www.valleyrecoveryca.com. All assessments are free and confidential.  

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

Wow, is business that bad that they are advertising? 

It seems like a good source of referrals would be police departments, the jails & other social welfare agencies, maybe even those serving the homeless. 

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

Wow, is business that bad that they are advertising? 

It seems like a good source of referrals would be police departments, the jails & other social welfare agencies, maybe even those serving the homeless. 

There are lots of people dealing with addiction who aren't in the system yet. It doesn't hurt to do outreach. If one person sees this who recognizes he/she needs help, the outreach will have been worth it. We don't know that referrals aren't also coming from community agencies and law enforcement. The  more prongs of outreach the better.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

I'm not discounting the ad. I agree, one needs to advertise in unlikely places. Folsom/EDH certainly has it's share of people in need.

I always remember the TV ads & I'm surprised to not see them any longer. And now a days, I imagine advertising via social media would be good also. Or even having a presence at community events or places were people gather, like farmers markets, festivals, churches, employers, etc. There's ongoing community events/festivals all over the region. However, 25 years ago when I got clean & sober, the main method of advertisement was TV.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: addiction, drugs, alcohol, recovery, treatment, rehab, sacramento

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users