6 replies to this topic

#1 karenkeever

karenkeever

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:09 PM

Anyone in moderate shape that would like to begin a little bike riding group after work? I am available @ about 6:30 Monday - Friday if anyone would like to get out there w/me to start getting in shape for the summer! Call me @ 355-0160.

#2 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE(karenkeever @ Feb 10 2008, 10:09 PM) View Post
Anyone in moderate shape that would like to begin a little bike riding group after work? I am available @ about 6:30 Monday - Friday if anyone would like to get out there w/me to start getting in shape for the summer! Call me @ 355-0160.

How serious are we talking? MTB's out of the attic or 3oz carbon fiber bikes? Will I look out of place for wearing (or not wearing) spandex?

Pace? I take 45-50 minutes to lap the lake.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#3 Warren G

Warren G

Fancy Title goes here

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE(Darth Lefty @ Feb 10 2008, 10:20 PM) View Post
Will I look out of place for wearing (or not wearing) spandex?

Please wear the spandex, or at least something.

FWIW, Bikies tend to call it "Lycra".

If you see a guy riding around the lake late in the afternoon on a red Specialized Tarmac wearing a green and white jersey (Webcor team), or sometimes a National Champion's jersey, that's me. Say "hi".
"Is that your bike? It sure looks fast."

#4 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 10 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

I usually go at lunchtime but am looking forward to the longer days.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#5 jvp

jvp

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Biking (mountain & road), Running, Flying, Live Music, Blues, Wine Tasting, Brew Tasting, Food Tasting :-), Comedy, Traveling, Motorcycling, & Real Estate Investing

Posted 11 February 2008 - 07:27 PM

I would be up for riding ... its been a while since I was in a regular riding routine, but would love to return to one and dust off my bike. Mountain bike or road cycling are both right up my alley. And I typically wear 'biker shorts' as naked riding is not yet in season lmaosmiley.gif

I can do after work riding... lunchtime.. or would even enjoy early morning rides (in addition to or in place of) if some people are up for a great wake up event to get the day started...

Several years ago I used to get some days started with a friend in Cincinnati with a great ride early in the wee morning starting before sunup... down the hills, into the city, through the parks, humping it back up the inclines, and a stop off at Brugger's for a quick coffee and bagel to get the day rolling... I miss those days.

Let me know either way if a day is better than others for any type of riding around Folsom...

John

#6 karenkeever

karenkeever

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(jvp @ Feb 11 2008, 07:27 PM) View Post
I would be up for riding ... its been a while since I was in a regular riding routine, but would love to return to one and dust off my bike. Mountain bike or road cycling are both right up my alley. And I typically wear 'biker shorts' as naked riding is not yet in season lmaosmiley.gif

I can do after work riding... lunchtime.. or would even enjoy early morning rides (in addition to or in place of) if some people are up for a great wake up event to get the day started...

Several years ago I used to get some days started with a friend in Cincinnati with a great ride early in the wee morning starting before sunup... down the hills, into the city, through the parks, humping it back up the inclines, and a stop off at Brugger's for a quick coffee and bagel to get the day rolling... I miss those days.

Let me know either way if a day is better than others for any type of riding around Folsom...

John

#7 karenkeever

karenkeever

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 08:52 PM

Okay guys, you all sound like you're in much better shape than me!

K, I want to correct my post to read BEGINNER rider in MODERATE shape. I was afraid to say beginner because I'm serious about the workout, no strolls!!! If any of you are still interested I'm ready for the workout. Oh, & I only have a $150.00 Wal-Mart bike. Call me - Karen @ 355-0160

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users