<3

#17 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (Andrea V @ Mar 17 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish the other side of the Rock said welcome to Folsom! dry.gif

Maybe we could put together a committee, gather some consultant feedback, vet with the community, and assign some city staff to put together a proposal to amend the Granite Bay Folsom Interchange Wayward Location Marking program to include, but not limited to, additional descriptions of current property and city regional boundary registration and notification. Should only take about $20 worth of spray paint.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#18 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Mar 17 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe we could put together a committee, gather some consultant feedback, vet with the community, and assign some city staff to put together a proposal to amend the Granite Bay Folsom Interchange Wayward Location Marking program to include, but not limited to, additional descriptions of current property and city regional boundary registration and notification. Should only take about $20 worth of spray paint.

I likey! evilguy.gif
<3

#19 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Mar 17 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello, it just so happens I'm a long time seasoned veteran 'rock on a road' consultant, been in the business a long time, ever since I had the idea 5 minutes ago. Don't worry, my consulting fees are reasonable, $580 an hour with 2 fifteen minute breaks included, 400 hour minimum.

I can do a feasibility study to think about the rock that will last about a week for $89,028.56 and also conduct two focus group sessions to find out how people really feel about the rock on the road for a cost of $136,021.93

If you combine all my data analysis with my minutes of vast experience, you will find this to be a great deal.

I drank beers once with a few of the city leaders so I will understand when you tell me I was the only bid you received and therefor I got the job

kind regards
The consulting office of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#20 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Mar 17 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I drank beers once with a few of the city leaders so I will understand when you tell me I was the only bid you received and therefor I got the job

Hmm, an interesting proposal. We will have to review it over a 'working dinner' at Manderes.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#21 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Mar 17 2009, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm, an interesting proposal. We will have to review it over a 'working dinner' at Manderes.

We can also design some signs to help people find their way to the rock for an extra $498,266.02

Here's our first mock up

#22 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Mar 17 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We can also design some signs to help people find their way to the rock for an extra $498,266.02

Here's our first mock up

The font is good, but the text coloring is too noticeable, could you change your text color to a darker shade. I was able to read it.
I would rather be Backpacking

#23 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

also there's not enough compression pixelization around the text
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#24 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Mar 17 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here's our first mock up

Surely you're not planning on using the same rock. You will need a new redundant Disney-esque rock or it won't qualify as way finding.

Also a guitar-shaped sign with black background and arrows within rings of fire pointing towards the Johnny Cash Bridge would complement the rock nicely. (April Fool's Day is coming up for anyone so inclined and are handy with poster board:)

#25 ashaklee76

ashaklee76

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

Anyone notice they moved it?!

#26 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 18 May 2009 - 10:11 PM

Did you notice if it had any divots?
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#27 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (ashaklee76 @ May 18 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone notice they moved it?!

YES, they moved it to the West side of the road. It is no longer in the center divider.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#28 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ May 19 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
YES, they moved it to the West side of the road. It is no longer in the center divider.

I haven't been down that road in months but I'm glad to hear they moved that boulder out of the center divider.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users