Folsom Bulldogs & Oak Ridge

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

De La Salle scored at 7:50 to go in the first period on a 12 yard run.  7 - 0 (Folsom player #14 helped off the field)

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#32 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Rodney Ellison is the player helped off the field. 

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#33 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Thanks for the report. Where are you finding the information? :)

#34 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Watching it live on Comcast. Channel 36 or 720 HD.

So far De La Salle is running the ball right through the Folsom Defensive line.

They are not passing at all.

Folsom recovered a fumble on their 20 yard line with 3:02 left in the 1st period.

Folsom pass play, interference called, Folsom has it on the 42 yard line of De La Salle.

Folsom kicked a field goal with 1.5 seconds left in the 1st period.   7-3 De La Salle

De La Salle, a long pass play to the 1 yard line and then they ran it in to score again. Folsom

blocked the extra point. 13 - 3.

Folsom took the kick off and fumbled. De La Salle has the ball on the 15 of Folsom.

De La Salle scored on 4th and 2.  They tried to run the ball in for the 2 points and missed.

Now 19 - 3.

Folsom went for it on 4th down and didn't make it. De La Salle has the ball driving.

De La Salle went to kick a field goal and the holder messed up on the ball.

Folsom took over on their own 10.

Browning through what could have been a touchdown pass but it was intercepted by

De La Salle. 1:24 left in the first half.

Folsom recovered a fumble on their own 33 with 42 seconds to go.

Folsom is going for a 42 yard field goal with 5 seconds to go. Bad kick  1 second left.

Half time   19 - 3.

By the way I don't think I will be watching the 2nd half.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#35 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

The updates are much appreciated.  Thanks.

#36 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

You can also follow on twitter. Just search FOLSOM. 

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#37 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

Now 25 - 3

Browning threw an interception and De La Salle has the ball on the Folsom 2 yard line.

Now 31 - 3 with 6:45 left in the 3rd period.

3:31 left in the 3rd period. Now 38 - 3. It's a route folks.

Folsom ran one in at 10:46 to go in the final period. Now  38 - 10

Folsom did an onsides kick and recovered the ball .

I stepped out and when I came back De La Salle had the ball.

3:20 to go   45 - 10

Browning threw a touchdown pass to #20 with 48 seconds to go

45 - 17  the Final Score

#38 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

So Folsom got their butts kicked again by DLS.  I'm glad I didn't follow the game, and only read about it afterwards.  Very disappointing, even to this somewhat casual observer.  I was at least hoping for a closer score, with FHS putting up some points before the meaningless fourth quarter.   I guess DLS should be playing against college teams, with the size of their front lines.  If the season is going to end like this every year for Folsom from now on, it's sort of pointless/hopeless to make it into the Open Division game.  Del Oro has a better thing going with Division I. 

#39 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:10 AM

So Folsom got their butts kicked again by DLS.  I'm glad I didn't follow the game, and only read about it afterwards.  Very disappointing, even to this somewhat casual observer.  I was at least hoping for a closer score, with FHS putting up some points before the meaningless fourth quarter.   I guess DLS should be playing against college teams, with the size of their front lines.  If the season is going to end like this every year for Folsom from now on, it's sort of pointless/hopeless to make it into the Open Division game.  Del Oro has a better thing going with Division I. 

Folsom was soundly defeated, for sure, but they put up a really good fight. The Bulldogs really held in there even though they were not able to play their game at all. Disappointing, yes. But not embarrassing at all. DLS is just leagues above. It's apples and oranges.

#40 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:22 AM

Folsom was soundly defeated, for sure, but they put up a really good fight. The Bulldogs really held in there even though they were not able to play their game at all. Disappointing, yes. But not embarrassing at all. DLS is just leagues above. It's apples and oranges.

I guess it's hard to avoid turnovers against DLS, but it would have been a closer game without them.  A fumbled kickoff and a failed fake punt on your own 32-yard-line are avoidable things that just made things worse by giving them a short field and two "free" touchdowns.  And driving down the field to come up empty a couple of times sure didn't help.  Magically erase those things, and it's quite a different outcome.  Oh, well.

It would be interesting to see DLS play the top Texas high school football team, to better gauge the respective levels of play.

#41 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

If the Open Division game pits the two best teams in N. California, shouldn't there be a way for both teams to play in a bowl game in So. California. Must be frustrating having to go through 2 seasons and  losing both times to De La Salle, which frankly is in such a league of its own with all the recruiting they do that most public schools don't have a realistic shot at beating them. 

#42 Gern Blansdon

Gern Blansdon

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

They would have done better if their best player wasn't injured, but they gave it their best shot against a small college-type team.  Very unfair system having them play a team that recruits.  I loved Kris's comment that there's not a single lineman in Sacramento that could make that team. 

Folsom should have been playing Del Oro in D-1.  I think they would have won and should be making plans to go to Stub-Hub next Saturday. 

St. John Bosco is really good, also recruits, but I don't see them beating DLS. 

Great season Dogs, but it's too bad the playing field isn't level in the Open.

#43 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:32 PM

Great season by Folsom (congrats to the players), but what's all this whining (yes, whining!) about DLS being a college team? Cmon, lose with some class and stop bitching. By the way, it was Folsom who was clamoring to play DLS all year (look it up!), and, boy, did they get DLS'ed. 

In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#44 Rich_T

Rich_T

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:43 PM

Great season by Folsom (congrats to the players), but what's all this whining (yes, whining!) about DLS being a college team? Cmon, lose with some class and stop bitching. By the way, it was Folsom who was clamoring to play DLS all year (look it up!), and, boy, did they get DLS'ed. 

I wouldn't have it any other way.  They had a shot at DLS, and truth be told, it might have been a close game if not for a few key turnovers, even despite the size of the DLS recruits.  If Folsom had played Division I instead of Open, and won the title, there would still be a huge "What if?" hanging over them.

#45 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Researching DLS, I guess many ex-NFL players pay somewhere around 15k a year to have their kids go to that school. DLS recruits not only from CA but from outside the state as well. Coach Taylor said it best when he said "No Sacramento area defensive line player would even be a starter at DLS" because of their size. When your D line averages 6'2" and 285lbs, O-line is even bigger, I'd say it is somewhat fair to refer to DLS as a 'small college' team. Those guys are beasts. Fundamentally sound. Athletic. Open recruiting. Sure. Why not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users