Photo

See What California Cities Pay Police, Firefighters

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Here is an explanation from the past from one of our City Council members regarding the City Managers pay;

"To correct some of the inaccurate information, she is not now, nor was she when she was hired, the highest paid Manager in the region. Please also keep in mind that the City of Folsom has always been completely forthcoming about Martha's total compensation package - that can not be said for all of the other jurisdictions in the region."

This was in response to the published reports by the Sac Bee, listing the Folosm CM as the highest paid.

As long as there are enough people to keep looking the other way and keep voting for the council members who are blantly misleading us, why should our council explain anything to us? I don't blame them one bit, why be honest when you can offer BS and get away with it!

Ah the ol' baffle 'em with BS and maybe they won't ask anymore questions, I see how it works.

Yep, we're stupid for re-electing them over and over. Elections in our hick town are won entirely based on the number of signs a candidate has up. It's been proven for the past 10 years. Yep we are genuinely a lemming society.

#17 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

OK, who is the person involved?

Maybe start with Mayor, asking them if they have ever been involved in an auto accident involving a child on a skateboard? If they have, then try and get a copy of the report....good luck!

If they deny they have let us know. What is that old saying a picture is worth a 1000 words!

#18 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

Another hack article from one of the lowest paying employers in the region.

If you have any information that would show anything different than what the Bee is claiming, by all means please bring it out so we all can see it?

#19 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 05:13 PM

Here is an explanation from the past from one of our City Council members regarding the City Managers pay;

"To correct some of the inaccurate information, she is not now, nor was she when she was hired, the highest paid Manager in the region. Please also keep in mind that the City of Folsom has always been completely forthcoming about Martha's total compensation package - that can not be said for all of the other jurisdictions in the region."

This was in response to the published reports by the Sac Bee, listing the Folosm CM as the highest paid.

As long as there are enough people to keep looking the other way and keep voting for the council members who are blantly misleading us, why should our council explain anything to us? I don't blame them one bit, why be honest when you can offer BS and get away with it!

Uh, this post was about Police and Fire, not the City Manager! Not sure where you made the wrong connection.

#20 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Uh, this post was about Police and Fire, not the City Manager! Not sure where you made the wrong connection.

Uh, The Dude was asking for our city council to give an explanation as to why these salaries are higher than other communities. I gave an example of a CC members' explanation regarding the CM.

My post was an example of what type of explanation we might expect, when salaries are made public. If you are happy with the explanation and want to believe one person over all the Public Information released, that is your right!

If you want to believe that explanation, maybe you'd like to buy a portion of the Folsom Dam as well?

#21 Stop South of 50

Stop South of 50

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:12 PM

Maybe start with Mayor, asking them if they have ever been involved in an auto accident involving a child on a skateboard? If they have, then try and get a copy of the report....good luck!

If they deny they have let us know. What is that old saying a picture is worth a 1000 words!

Robert... I don't know who you are... but I can confirm that I have heard of the accident you are referring to from a "high up" in the city.

It happened. But I don't know what happened to the report.

#22 knowfolsom

knowfolsom

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

Robert... I don't know who you are... but I can confirm that I have heard of the accident you are referring to from a "high up" in the city.

It happened. But I don't know what happened to the report.

If I had to guess it would probably sound something like this. Police and Fire called to a teen on a skateboard that was hit by a car and hurt. Police and Fire arrive and find a kid with a broken arm and a well liked city council member driving the car. The CC person smells of alcohol and shows signs of being intoxicated. Cops call their supervisors and ultimately someone like say a Captain says whatever you do don't give them the sobriety tests or a breathalyzer. Officer sees little Johnny off in the ambulance and sends the CC person on their way. Officer writes report and puts in there that the driver showed signs and symptoms of alcohol impairment and recommends sending the report to the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office to let them make a decission.

If I had to guess the next day the Chief finds out what happens and is furious because no one called them to ask them what to do, because they are the supreme ruler of the city. If you send a report like that to the District Attorney's Office they will question why no sobriety tests were given or a breath test? They might think the city is trying to cover up a felony DUI, since there were injuries. They might think they didn't do any test because the driver was a popular city council person. I would guess some how that report is "lost" in the city's automated report writing system.

If I had to guess I would think that someone eventually did say something and someone may have started looking into it. Did you know the Chief and the two captains all retired within the year. All giving up $300,000 plus a year. Did you know the City Manager also retired after that, also giving up $300,000 plus a year. $1,200,000 between four city employees?

The poor City Council person is left the police never asked them to take any sobriety tests, they felt fine to drive, it was just an unfortunate accident, they never knew there was a report written, can't prove they did anything wrong.

If anybody else has any guesses I would love to hear them

#23 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:28 AM

If I had to guess it would probably sound something like this. Police and Fire called to a teen on a skateboard that was hit by a car and hurt. Police and Fire arrive and find a kid with a broken arm and a well liked city council member driving the car. The CC person smells of alcohol and shows signs of being intoxicated. Cops call their supervisors and ultimately someone like say a Captain says whatever you do don't give them the sobriety tests or a breathalyzer. Officer sees little Johnny off in the ambulance and sends the CC person on their way. Officer writes report and puts in there that the driver showed signs and symptoms of alcohol impairment and recommends sending the report to the Sacramento County District Attorney's Office to let them make a decission.

If I had to guess the next day the Chief finds out what happens and is furious because no one called them to ask them what to do, because they are the supreme ruler of the city. If you send a report like that to the District Attorney's Office they will question why no sobriety tests were given or a breath test? They might think the city is trying to cover up a felony DUI, since there were injuries. They might think they didn't do any test because the driver was a popular city council person. I would guess some how that report is "lost" in the city's automated report writing system.

this here is a good story, the only thing is why the cop felt he had to put in his report it should be sent to the DA. if it was an old coverup he sort of left the cat out of the bag, unless he was a little mad because he was given the look the other way instruction from the captain. of all the reports to get lost, this was a pretty fortunate one.

If I had to guess I would think that someone eventually did say something and someone may have started looking into it. Did you know the Chief and the two captains all retired within the year. All giving up $300,000 plus a year. Did you know the City Manager also retired after that, also giving up $300,000 plus a year. $1,200,000 between four city employees?

The poor City Council person is left the police never asked them to take any sobriety tests, they felt fine to drive, it was just an unfortunate accident, they never knew there was a report written, can't prove they did anything wrong.

#24 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

If this happened, I would guess that the skateboarder and his family received a rather large settlement to keep them quiet!

#25 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

OK, who is the person involved?

Absolutely no one. it is a fabrication that is being bandied around like corn candy on fright night.
The person whom Robert is claiming has done this use to be a regular poster on this forum. After being elected to public office and accused of this at the same time (yes during the election this suddenly came up) the person has stopped posting here. Which is kind of sad, I enjoyed reading the posts.

I'm absolutely positive that the cops in this town would never have allowed this type of cover-up to happen. Not for a low level city level employee.

Heck, you see senators getting ticketed all the time.

yeah, no---I think the gossip mill really hit pay dirt when they met up with the Folsom conspiracy group on this subject.

#26 the_professor

the_professor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Why wouldn't the kid and his/her parents come forward? I call B.S.

#27 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Absolutely no one. it is a fabrication that is being bandied around like corn candy on fright night.
The person whom Robert is claiming has done this use to be a regular poster on this forum. After being elected to public office and accused of this at the same time (yes during the election this suddenly came up) the person has stopped posting here. Which is kind of sad, I enjoyed reading the posts.

I'm absolutely positive that the cops in this town would never have allowed this type of cover-up to happen. Not for a low level city level employee.

yeah, no---I think the gossip mill really hit pay dirt when they met up with the Folsom conspiracy group on this subject.

Honey you're wrong in this case and you know nothing about it (no offense intended). The cops did indeed cover this up, it's sad but true. Just saying it didn't happen because you don't want to believe it doesn't make it untrue.

Why wouldn't the kid and his/her parents come forward? I call B.S.

Its the same reason the kids that Michael Jackson played with didn't come forward - pay off dude, it shuts people up each and everytime.

Heck, pay me six figures and I'll shut up too!

#28 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

Have you called this person and asked them if they were involved in an accident with a child on a skateboard during late August of 2009, in the 200 block of Willow Creek at dusk?

If you are so interested in people casting aspersions involving rumors, why don't you do something about it and ask the person if this indeed did happen or not?

Why don't you ask this person why don't they speak up and put this story to rest? This makes no sense at all to me, if someone was asking me if I was involved in accident with someone, why in the world wouldn't I confirm or deny it........UNLESS there may have been a coverup or something inapprorpiate happening. IF something like this happened, then you'd have to kinda lay low and avoid answering any questions, because any response would lead to more questions, that someone can't answer without exposing what happened.

In the past you really have been very hard on others involved in accidents involving alcohol or Children, why aren't you showing the same concern here or do you do this based upon who the PERSON is? Instead you are trying to run interference and attack those asking legitimate questions while trying to expose the truth around here. Why such a double standard with you on this one?

Accidents happen all the time and I'd surely NOT think less of anyone who was involved in one! What troubles me about this and should all of us who are concerend about corruption and coverups is why isn't this being explained or denied in public?

I'm extremely surprised at you for getting involved in the coverup and equally disappointed in you for choosing to go this route instead of seeking out the truth?

You are being used and you don't even know it and in the process making it tougher on all our PO and Firefighters and all the dedicated conscientous employees who work at the City!

#29 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:30 PM

If you have any information that would show anything different than what the Bee is claiming, by all means please bring it out so we all can see it?

I don't have the time to fact check the Bee on every article.
I can tell you that they don't know how to read an MOU or otherwise decipher information in a correct manner. Just the fact that they report any overtime numbers is silly. People worked the overtime. They're slanted against lots of things. Public employees....anything to do with Folsom...need we go on ?

#30 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

Have you called this person and asked them if they were involved in an accident with a child on a skateboard during late August of 2009, in the 200 block of Willow Creek at dusk?

If you are so interested in people casting aspersions involving rumors, why don't you do something about it and ask the person if this indeed did happen or not?

Why don't you ask this person why don't they speak up and put this story to rest? This makes no sense at all to me, if someone was asking me if I was involved in accident with someone, why in the world wouldn't I confirm or deny it........UNLESS there may have been a coverup or something inapprorpiate happening. IF something like this happened, then you'd have to kinda lay low and avoid answering any questions, because any response would lead to more questions, that someone can't answer without exposing what happened.

In the past you really have been very hard on others involved in accidents involving alcohol or Children, why aren't you showing the same concern here or do you do this based upon who the PERSON is? Instead you are trying to run interference and attack those asking legitimate questions while trying to expose the truth around here. Why such a double standard with you on this one?

Accidents happen all the time and I'd surely NOT think less of anyone who was involved in one! What troubles me about this and should all of us who are concerend about corruption and coverups is why isn't this being explained or denied in public?

I'm extremely surprised at you for getting involved in the coverup and equally disappointed in you for choosing to go this route instead of seeking out the truth?

You are being used and you don't even know it and in the process making it tougher on all our PO and Firefighters and all the dedicated conscientous employees who work at the City!

If a skateboarder and a vehicle met, there would be a report from PD or CHP. Request the report and then post it.
This can't go on forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users