25 replies to this topic

#16 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 06:35 AM

I know the Natoma Station neighborhood is the victim of a lot of break-ins in my opinion compared to other Folsom neighborhoods that are safer. You can look at the crime map listed in SacBee last time I checked and it pinpoints the crimes. It looks like there is a lot of crime there and I have several friends who bought up and out of the neighborhood b/c of the crime. Last year a friend was having a party and it was robbed while the family and friends were out in the backyard. THe perpetrators saw the cars out front walked in the party and starting taking purses. Someone from the party saw them and they ran out of the house (it was two women) and they caught a ride with a male. The police caught them and returned the stolen purses. This was a brazen crime and other friends of ours have had their cars broken into numerous times in the last year.
Also, it's not that I think people from light rail are robbing houses, but they do find out about the neighborhoods from walking around when they are at the outlets and then later on come back to commit crim with drivers. Also, alot of the crimes are committed by orangevale residents who are on drugs and come to the neighborhoods by Walmart and Natoma Station b/c they ride their bikes or drive. There are a lot of druggie types also that hang out at the Target parking lot and Walmart.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#17 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

Just remember Folsom is no longer Mayberry RFD, so keep your cars and houses locked or scumbag theives will take advantage of your naivety and take your stuff when you make it so very easy to steal.

#18 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

Do I specifically know? No. But common sense supports that and according to the officer with whom I spoke, he said it was probably either part of a rash of break-ins that night along Folsom Blvd from American River Canyon to Natomas Station (faster than foot vehicle required) or it was two separate local incidents focusing on Natoma Station and Prairie Oaks.

When my neighbor suggested that light rail was the delivery vehicle of the perps in Natoma Station, he laughed. He said first off, the list of items reported stolen so far would have been a lot to carry on foot, and secondly, light rail wouldn't have made a good getaway vehicle for the times the crimes were committed (middle of the night).

He finished that it was more likely that drug addicted local teens committed the crimes than anything and explained to us that heroin use was more common than we'd think in Folsom. Heroin use has a high correlation to crime. Light rail doesn't.

We have seen in the past where Perps take light rail into Folsom and steal cars. This could have happened on the night your car was broken into and the perps loaded the goods into the stolen car and made their getaway?

A few years ago, a friend of mine had his gym bag and box of clothes he was donating to GW taken out of his truck. About 12 doors down, another friend of his wastaking out the garbage in the morning and found his emptied gym bag and clothes in his trash container. The only thing the perp took were his Nike BB shoes and Laker T shirt he was donating to GW, therefore they could have been riding on LR looking like a regular rider in the morning when LR reopened.

There is no need to be so rigid about your denial( and others) about LR contributing to more crime in Folsom. Its an UNDENIABLE reality that there is more crime occurring in Folsom because of LR. However, being in denial because of some idealogical belief is not going to help resolve this issue.

I have no idea if LR played any part in your break in or not and neither do you! At least I'm openminded to the idea that all possibilities need to be considered, until its solved.

#19 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

He finished that it was more likely that drug addicted local teens committed the crimes than anything and explained to us that heroin use was more common than we'd think in Folsom. Heroin use has a high correlation to crime. Light rail doesn't.

OMG--don't say that too loud. There are people on this forum who very badly want to believe that it is outsider who are responsible for home burglaries and auto break-in....rather than consider a drug problem in Folsom is driving crime.

It is almost funny how these "enlightened" souls are fixated on blaming Folsom's problems on public transportation.

Common sense means that criminals are smart and know that the fastest way to transport stolen goods is to divide the property in several vehicles and move out of the neighborhoods while blending into the neighborhood with vehicles and people driving them that look like they belong.

#20 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

We have seen in the past where Perps take light rail into Folsom and steal cars. This could have happened on the night your car was broken into and the perps loaded the goods into the stolen car and made their getaway?

A few years ago, a friend of mine had his gym bag and box of clothes he was donating to GW taken out of his truck. About 12 doors down, another friend of his wastaking out the garbage in the morning and found his emptied gym bag and clothes in his trash container. The only thing the perp took were his Nike BB shoes and Laker T shirt he was donating to GW, therefore they could have been riding on LR looking like a regular rider in the morning when LR reopened.

There is no need to be so rigid about your denial( and others) about LR contributing to more crime in Folsom. Its an UNDENIABLE reality that there is more crime occurring in Folsom because of LR. However, being in denial because of some idealogical belief is not going to help resolve this issue.

I have no idea if LR played any part in your break in or not and neither do you! At least I'm openminded to the idea that all possibilities need to be considered, until its solved.

Could? Yes. More likely than the scenarios presented by the officer? No. I stand by my beliefs that drug use by Folsomites is a much bigger crime maker in Folsom than light rail and I'm not going to support the head-in-the-sand, knee-jerk reactions that blame light rail for Folsom's ills.

As for garbage scenario above, I believe a Folsomite is more likely the perp than someone who took light rail in and wandered around all night until s/he could take light rail out again in the morning in gym shoes and a Laker tshirt s/he stole to "fit in". Drug-addled or not, it's not a stretch to believe it was a Folsomite (teen) doing the above.

I'm not going to argue this any longer with you. Not worth my time.

#21 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

Could? Yes. More likely than the scenarios presented by the officer? No. I stand by my beliefs that drug use by Folsomites is a much bigger crime maker in Folsom than light rail and I'm not going to support the head-in-the-sand, knee-jerk reactions that blame light rail for Folsom's ills.

As for garbage scenario above, I believe a Folsomite is more likely the perp than someone who took light rail in and wandered around all night until s/he could take light rail out again in the morning in gym shoes and a Laker tshirt s/he stole to "fit in". Drug-addled or not, it's not a stretch to believe it was a Folsomite (teen) doing the above.

I'm not going to argue this any longer with you. Not worth my time.

I didn't think there was any argument going on? I was simply pointing out other possibilities to consider.

The fact is Light Rail is contributing to an increase in crime in Folsom. Don't you agree?

I agree with you ITS not a stretch to think it could've been ANYONE who did this. I didn't see where anyone said it couldn't be?

You are the person who made the rigid claim Light Rail played NO PART in your break in without having all the facts! We have already seen too much jumping to conclusions without the facts in too many other discussions on here.

I really don't see much hope for any solutions, in our community, State, Country or World unless people are willing to accept other beliefs besides their own.

#22 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

I didn't think there was any argument going on? I was simply pointing out other possibilities to consider.

The fact is Light Rail is contributing to an increase in crime in Folsom. Don't you agree?

I agree with you ITS not a stretch to think it could've been ANYONE who did this. I didn't see where anyone said it couldn't be?

You are the person who made the rigid claim Light Rail played NO PART in your break in without having all the facts! We have already seen too much jumping to conclusions without the facts in too many other discussions on here.

I really don't see much hope for any solutions, in our community, State, Country or World unless people are willing to accept other beliefs besides their own.

Dude, chill out. I do claim that light rail played no part in my break-in and my belief is based upon the knowledge I have of the incident. You don't have to agree with me, nor do I have to agree with your beliefs to "accept" that you have them or consider them.

You don't have to break everything everyone says into absolutes and you don't have to point out to everyone every possible scenario as if you are the only one who is doing so. Frankly, I find your general attitude towards others condescending.

Do I think there is crime associated with light rail? Yep. Do I think it's contributing to an increase in crime in Folsom? I don't know the facts to support this. Do I think people immediately blame light rail far too often? Yep. I'm done here.

#23 Anthony2173

Anthony2173

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Just remember Folsom is no longer Mayberry RFD, so keep your cars and houses locked or scumbag theives will take advantage of your naivety and take your stuff when you make it so very easy to steal.

Word...

Probably a local teen looking for money and/or excitement. Everything goes in the house from now until forever.

#24 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

Dude, chill out. I do claim that light rail played no part in my break-in and my belief is based upon the knowledge I have of the incident. You don't have to agree with me, nor do I have to agree with your beliefs to "accept" that you have them or consider them.

You don't have to break everything everyone says into absolutes and you don't have to point out to everyone every possible scenario as if you are the only one who is doing so. Frankly, I find your general attitude towards others condescending.

Do I think there is crime associated with light rail? Yep. Do I think it's contributing to an increase in crime in Folsom? I don't know the facts to support this. Do I think people immediately blame light rail far too often? Yep. I'm done here.

If you can't back up yourself when you make statements of facts, without making it personal, maybe you shouldn't be making them?

#25 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

If you can't back up yourself when you make statements of facts, without making it personal, maybe you shouldn't be making them?

Maybe not.

Oftentimes it's just not worth it to post on here. Oh wait, is it OK with you that I said this? Does it pass the Robert Giacometti standard? It's not like I have any facts to back up my position.

Geez.

#26 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

• Premium Member
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Maybe not.

Oftentimes it's just not worth it to post on here. Oh wait, is it OK with you that I said this? Does it pass the Robert Giacometti standard? It's not like I have any facts to back up my position.

Geez.

This statement was your opinion so its doesn't need any facts. In your original statement you didn't say anything about it being your beliefs or opinion.

You know difference and I suspect you know what I'm talking about. ( I suspect you just got frustrated over the previous posters reference about light rail. We all have our hot buttons don't we?)

You are still one of my favorites regardless of what you think about my attitude!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users