Habit Burger Coming To Folsom!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

I still like Wendy's burgers and fries...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#17 awood

awood

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:05 PM

Chick-fil-A is terrible. Always smells like boiling chicken when you drive past it. Same with Church's, and Sonic.
I do like Pop Eyes.

Surprising that a place named CHICK-fil-A would smell like CHICKen?

But hey, I will take Church's, Sonic, Popeye's AND Chick-fil-A before I would choke down those In-n-Out fries!! :2thumbsup:

#18 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

So do we have more Mexican, Pizza or burger places in Folsom?

Habit is very good (there is one on corner of Douglas and Hazel/Sierra College facing West). First time was ok, good but not outstanding but the next two visits were very good on par with Red Robin, Islands, Relish, and certainly over fast food burger joints. Prices and service are very good too.

#19 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

LOL! I love it! Old school 80's diner sitcom-ish, "You want a vegetarian burger? [angrily lifts bun, removes meat, replaces bun]. Here you go."

Also a little passive aggressive middle-fingered, "Get the eff out of a burger joint with your vegi burger crap. We eat cow, here."

:ROFL:

I didn't really think about it that way, until now.

That is kind of funny, isn't it?Posted Image

#20 spork

spork

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

So do we have more Mexican, Pizza or burger places in Folsom?

Habit is very good (there is one on corner of Douglas and Hazel/Sierra College facing West). First time was ok, good but not outstanding but the next two visits were very good on par with Red Robin, Islands, Relish, and certainly over fast food burger joints. Prices and service are very good too.

Went there yesterday. Good, but for some reason it bugs me that they don't price the meal with cheese. I've been there a few times now, but I always wish we were going to the Five Guys across the street (can't because of peanuts).

More expensive that In-n-Out, but cheaper than Five Guys. Good addition.

#21 Food Enthusiast_95630

Food Enthusiast_95630

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Merely an opinion...In-n-Out is the best.

Folsom has some of my favorite places: Whole Food, Trader Joe's, Costco, Sam's Club, Winco, Karen's, Chez Daniel, Sunny Garden, In-n-Out, and of course Peet's (every morning).

I've been to Habit twice (Douglas & Sierra College). Not a fan of Habit.

#22 jpow5

jpow5

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

Saw the sign up the other day as I drove by SaveMart. I'll have to look closer next time to see if its going in the stand-alone building or somewhere else.

#23 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Little known fact: Del Taco has excellent burgers

#24 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

May have to try it since it's a well known fact that their "Mexican" food is horrible.

#25 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

In &Out has a kids bun with a slice of cheese, a small piece of lettuce and a pickle for their vegetarian burger :(

Also a little passive aggressive middle-fingered, "Get the eff out of a burger joint with your vegi burger crap. We eat cow, here."
:ROFL:

In-N-Out does its best to make its burgers the best they can at the price point, and they achieve it by doing nothing else. So they have a very simple menu made up of only the things that make their burgers. The buns and patties only come in one size. Even the "secret" menu is only rearranging the ingredients. You can't order a chicken sandwich, onion rings, nuggets, smoothies, salads, chipotle, or apple pie.
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#26 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:09 PM

Thats actually very true AND they're open late for those late night munchie attacks

#27 giasmom

giasmom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

What about SmashBurger? I know people who were so excited when it opened then as I drive by I never really see a crowd, I do hope they are doing well....Same with BurgerCity, we eat at that Chinese food restaurant right next door at least 1x per week and never see more than a few people in BurgerCity..I hope they are doing okay..

#28 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

Went there yesterday. Good, but for some reason it bugs me that they don't price the meal with cheese.

Funny, I rarely go out for hamburgers, but I like this. I don't eat cheeseburgers, yet restaurants don't discount me when I ask for the burger without cheese. It makes sense to have people who want it pay for it.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#29 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:00 PM

Thats actually very true AND they're open late for those late night munchie attacks

They also have the world's greatest chicken soft tacos.

#30 PJF

PJF

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 09:42 PM

We've talked about Chic-Fil-A extensively on the forum, do you a search, or a google search. I almost hate to have to discussion to come up again!

It looks like it might being in where Bella Bru used to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users