258 replies to this topic

#31 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

Well, The Dude sure has plenty of time to hijack my every post, seems like you can't get enough of my posts. Also, no one is checking out the bathrooms on a daily basis but my children do attend there adn refuse and I mean REFUSE to use the bathrooms b/c of the filth and no toilet covers to boot-gross. RESTAURANTS have to have them, but our schools don't, well they also don't have to have safety belts on schools buses....lovely.

Asbestoshills is a lovely ID and communicates the asbestos that fills the hills of our area. Perhaps keeping your head in the sand is the only way you can deal with reality.

Btw, yes, my kids attend there, which improvements are you speaking of? Certainly not the bleachers, classrooms, bathrooms or pipes. The gym is the only room that doesn't look like it should be demolished.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#32 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well, The Dude sure has plenty of time to hijack my every post, seems like you can't get enough of my posts. Also, no one is checking out the bathrooms on a daily basis but my children do attend there adn refuse and I mean REFUSE to use the bathrooms b/c of the filth and no toilet covers to boot-gross. RESTAURANTS have to have them, but our schools don't, well they also don't have to have safety belts on schools buses....lovely.

Asbestoshills is a lovely ID and communicates the asbestos that fills the hills of our area. Perhaps keeping your head in the sand is the only way you can deal with reality.

Btw, yes, my kids attend there, which improvements are you speaking of? Certainly not the bleachers, classrooms, bathrooms or pipes. The gym is the only room that doesn't look like it should be demolished.

Asbestoshills, I would like to share my different viewpoint about your opinions, but I really think this thread should be about the contest.

If the mods would like to separate the two or you would like to start your own new topic about your problems with the school I think that would be best.

#33 go4gusto

go4gusto

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:38 PM

Thank you all and keep voting everyday till March 12th. Great way to help not only a local school but only school selected in California for the award. In this tough economic condition, this kind of award will help our kids and future kids planning to attend Sutter Middle School with newer lab and technology.

#34 Dude

Dude

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

How else can we assure ourselves this Win? I sent an E to my local PTA person whom I constantly get E's from and, can you believe it, a week later and there's still no reply. It would be a real shame to see this just slip by us.

#35 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

How else can we assure ourselves this Win? I sent an E to my local PTA person whom I constantly get E's from and, can you believe it, a week later and there's still no reply. It would be a real shame to see this just slip by us.

I put it up on facebook and have asked others to do so. I tell people I work with. Also, like mentioned above, you need to make sure they understand they need to vote every day until March 12th and it's really easy to vote. I just make it my morning habit. I notice we are usually down then, probably because all those East Coast parents are up 3 hours earlier than us.

Thanks for helping.

#36 Dude

Dude

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

There's no need to thank me but you're welcome. Not only is it my local School, it also happens to be my boys School... in the near future.

Sure would be interested in knowing if the School district is doing anything extraordinary, I might just go visit them ASAP.

#37 tdubay

tdubay

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:07 PM

SAMSUNG COMPETITION: (Saturday night stats:)

Sutter Middle School Folsom, CA 17580 votes (and growing every minute)

Schoharie High School Schoharie, NY 18000 votes

Folsom is LOSING friends. Please help. This is a GREAT program, and the only one in the competition from California. Spread the word CALI people- get your relatives to vote, the time is almost up.

Please take a minute to vote/ (email accept, then vote, and then vote vote vote everyday. it's ALOT of $$$ for Folsom students.) please take the time. We don't want to be outdone by a school in NEW YORK ....

do WE?.... C'mon Cougars/ Jaguars/ Eagles/ Bulldogs! REPOST. VOTE DAILY. :)

Please repost/ share the link- it's just a daily thing, if you can think what 100,000 technology funds can do- it's HUGE for ALL Folsom students.

https://pages.samsung.com/us/​sft/video/index.jsp?auth=1
Samsung Contest
pages.samsung.com
Samsung's Solve for Tomorrow Contest is giving away $1,000,000 in technology grants to schools around the country and you can help make a difference! Go view videos created by the schools and vote for your favorite.

#38 Dude

Dude

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

samsung.com/solvefortomorrow

Folsom Cordova Unified School District, or for that matter, us, should organize volunteers, preferably youth, to hold small boards or something similar that is of minimal cost to promote votes in a more personal, eye-to-eye, hands-on, way. In looking at the trend, our e-networking efforts is simply not enough.

In looking at the official rules, I don't see any reason why we, not the School, should not. The city of Folsom has more than double the population of their county.

Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Use of script, macro or any automated system to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process is prohibited and all such votes will be void.

#39 raiderfan

raiderfan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:36 PM

We need your help! We are 900 votes behind going into furlough week.

Go to http://samsung.com/solvefortomorrow and vote for Sutter Middle School. Tell everyone everywhere to post on their Facebook and Twitter accounts. You may register to vote and make a vote daily until March 12 so that we win $100,000 worth of technology merchandise for our school!

Directions: Type in your email address next to the Sutter Middle School video. A pop-up menu will come up at the top of the page when you put in your email and try to vote. You need to fill out the pop-up menu with your name, email, zip and submit.

To Authenticate: Go to your email and find the message sent to you (inbox or spam) that says "no reply" from Samsung. Click on the link (or copy and paste it in your address bar and refresh your screen) to authenticate. It will take you back to the voting area. You are then authenticated and may put in your email address to vote.

If this doesn't work: Type your email in the video box again but put a "1" in front of it (dkrikour@gmail.com to 1dkrikour@gmail.com ) and this will bring the pop-up menu up. Repeat above directions and authenticate.

#40 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:21 PM

I merged the topics (Sutter Middle School Selected For Samsung Science/technology Award), thus new title. And I deleted all the duplicates.

#41 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:31 PM

I merged the topics (Sutter Middle School Selected For Samsung Science/technology Award), thus new title. And I deleted all the duplicates.

Thanks, caligirlz. Maybe put it back in the Folsom General section?

Also, it should be noted that the prize is $100,000 according to the email from the school.

I wonder if Sutter has considered putting a banner on Riley St with the samsung.com/solvefortomorrow and saying "Vote for Sutter!"

#42 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks, caligirlz. Maybe put it back in the Folsom General section?

Yeah, I'm trying to do that... Yay! success!! :D:

#43 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

I find it odd you're checking out the bathrooms there. You sure have a lot of free time on your hands. I'm jealous, I'm too busy working all day long to check out every school restroom on campus.

I find attitude is a choice. There are those who choose to be bitter most of the time and I guess they live a life of never being happy. Then there are those that choose to be happy and look for the good things in life to talk about, think about, and enjoy. I think sometimes even the choice of ones User ID speaks of their general attitude in life. why someone would choose to name themselves after a cancer causing substance found in the local land I think speaks volumes about how they see life. I know the general attitude of their posts seems to support my conclusion.

Moderators the other poster did not attack anyone....merely objected to something on personal beliefs.

These attacks and goadings need to stop.

Make this a fair board.

#44 Dude

Dude

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

Hmm, I don't guess we can each post an ad in different cities of Ca.

#45 JLauren

JLauren

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:49 AM

http://www.sacbee.co...l-students.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users