• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 giacomo

giacomo

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:Wine, good food, goof friends traveling to Hawaii, soccer, 70's/80's music, , Lake Tahoe

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:01 AM

Anyone surprised at how much space the Bee devoted to this story? Top of the fold on Pg 3?  Slow news day? It's wrong to  remove other candidates signs and yes it's newsworthy, but 6 column story....what gives?

#17 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

Not meaning to shame you Ducky.  I was just surprised that you didn't realize there might be another explanation for what happened other than what an over-zealous reporter decided to highlight to make a non-story into a story.

"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#18 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

Not meaning to shame you Ducky.  I was just surprised that you didn't realize there might be another explanation for what happened other than what an over-zealous reporter decided to highlight to make a non-story into a story.

No, I got the other explanation and I don't feel it was a non-story.

I'm surprised you aren't owning it more and blaming everyone else except yourself for your lapse of judgment.

#19 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:13 PM

Teresa owes nobody an explanation or apology. All's fair in love, war, and politics.

What happened happens all the time. It's really just a game, of sorts, and nobody gets hurt.

The Bee is a joke and has been for a long time, which is why their subscription base is very low and falling and they are teetering on insolvency.

Those of you (like ducky) that think this is some big *story* are amusing to me.

Maybe time to find a hobby !?

#20 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:20 PM

Teresa owes nobody an explanation or apology. All's fair in love, war, and politics.

What happened happens all the time. It's really just a game, of sorts, and nobody gets hurt.

The Bee is a joke and has been for a long time, which is why their subscription base is very low and falling and they are teetering on insolvency.

Those of you (like ducky) that think this is some big *story* are amusing to me.

Maybe time to find a hobby !?

It's not that it's a huge story,  but it makes me disappointed in someone I once had respect for, especially because of past statements they have made here on this forum about this very subject.  I guess those kinds of rules are for other people.

Does anyone know if Mr. Kozlowski's sign was replaced as the pastor asked?

#21 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:27 PM

Campaign signs get removed all the time, and in the end it probably all *evens-out* among candidates.

It may be your *complaint of the day*, which is your prerogative, but it's not a story like The Bee made it out to be.

Your concern over Kozlowski's sign is interesting. Have you offered to help them replace it? Seems easy enough, ducky...

#22 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

Campaign signs get removed all the time, and in the end it probably all *evens-out* among candidates.

It may be your *complaint of the day*, which is your prerogative, but it's not a story like The Bee made it out to be.

Your concern over Kozlowski's sign is interesting. Have you offered to help them replace it? Seems easy enough, ducky...

I'm not sure why it's interesting.   If anyone should replace the sign I would hope that it would be Ms. Stanley.  She can put it right next to her sign, which I assume was not placed in the way of the landscapers she was trying to help.

#23 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Ms Stanley has a sign illegally parked on our property.  Anyone know how to contact her?

Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#24 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:19 PM

I sent Ernie Sheldon an email today and he told me that he will more than likely
Run for another term as a city council member. He will get one of my votes.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#25 mrdavex

mrdavex

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 08:21 AM

I just saw a Teresa Stanley sign in the median on Iron Point between Prairie City and Willard.  I'm pretty sure that's public property.  Better take it out!

--
"Let's just hope Comcast doesn't own any tanks."
-Robert X. Cringely

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Folsom Politics, Folsom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users