Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 18 January 2019 - 06:34 AM

Polls agree: Americans don't like shutdown and they blame Trump

https://www.cnn.com/...down/index.html

Six high-quality polls have been released this week touching on Trump, the shutdown, the Democrats in Congress and the wall.
Most confirmed what we already knew from before the shutdown started:
Opposition to a border wall is widespread and deep.
But beyond that general opposition, the new polls offer some consistent results, including:
  • Blame, in the public's mind, rests largely at the White House
  • Many object to the shutdown, especially as a tactic to build the wall,
  • Few see a wall as an effective way to combat undocumented immigration.

Seven-in-ten Americans said that shutting down the federal government in order to reach an agreement on government policy is a bad strategy
and only 22% thought it was a good strategy

Chris: I guess you're in that 22%,

which, by the way, is called "a minority."

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#17 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

Trump has invited Dems every day to the WH to negotiate. He's even tried to keep Pelosi from fleeing the country so she can be here to end the shutdown.

One side wants to end this.... the other side will run to the other end of the globe to avoid ending it.

#18 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

Just visiting this planet.

• Premium Member
  • 4,263 posts
  • Interests:Truth Prevails

Posted 24 January 2019 - 07:21 AM

Check your facts, there, Slow.

The Dems met with Trump. He demanded $5 billion for the wall.

The Dems said not before the shutdown ends.

Trump (crying like a baby) walked out of the meeting.

Trump said "I'll take the mantle" for this shut-down.  :headbang:

Now he's destroying the economy and holding federal workers hostage for his pet project.

Polls show loss of support, even among his base.

Today the Senate votes on new proposals.
Let's see what happens.     :popcorn:

Oh, and guess what! Mexico doesn't seem to be paying for it!  :gah:

1 God: 1 World: 1 People     :peaceman: 

#19 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

Trump AGAIN made concessions today after both efforts by Congress failed to get the votes needed.
Please tell me what concessions have the left offered?
Oh yeah.... ZERO.
It's simple, Pelosi is Dr No. Talk about your tantrums...

#20 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 06:19 PM

You know a liberal has NO argument when they have to rely on the Mexico paying for it line.
Not a SINGLE person expects Mexico to pay for it .... except, of course, liberals who always expect someone else to pay.

#21 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 04:59 PM

Funny... it's only liberals that seem upset about Mexico paying for the wall.
Why is that?
Oh yeah.... because it's about border security, by ANY means necessary.

#22 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:42 PM

Amusing how liberals are now all of a sudden concerned about money when their idol Obama was doubling the national debt in only 8 years. :lol:

#23 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 06:45 PM

It's painfully clear now and will be just as painfully clear when history looks back on this period of time that a large group called The American Liberal were completely obsessed with tearing down their President even if it meant tearing apart their country in the process.

#24 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:27 PM

It's painfully clear now and will be just as painfully clear when history looks back on this period of time that a large group called The American Liberal were completely obsessed with tearing down their President even if it meant tearing apart their country in the process.

Perfect analysis

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#25 Rose White

Rose White

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:37 PM

I see the liberals as addicts, who are addicted to the drug of "a perfect world". In a perfect world, everyone just wants to have a chance to have a home, be able to eat and get health care. They see these things as human rights, without the human taking any part in the process. No need on the individual to follow any rules or be responsible for themselves in any way.

Liberals think that everything will be fine if enough money is spent. They point at people, calling them people of privilege, spoiled and ungrateful, and then want to create that very thing in a mass of people they call poor.

I grew up poor and white. I was told education and hard work would get me the things in life I wanted and needed. They did. But I never got a break because I was white. Nobody ever told me I didn't have to work as hard when they hired me.

I never thought anyone owed me anything, just because I was poor. I knew that nothing was free and that handouts always came with terms, limits and control of my freedom. But mostly, I knew that if it was given to me, I wouldn't have as much incentive to make it for myself. Making for yourself has value that can not be replaced with charity. As a child, relatives giving me handed down clothes never made me happy, it made me ashamed.

#26 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:46 PM

Attitude and effort make for a better life.   Regardless of whatever stupid, arbitrary labels the libs embrace to put INDIVIDUALS into groups, you succeed or fail as an individual.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#27 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

I have got to read me some Webster...  THIS is what liberals forget in their embrace of government:

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." -Daniel Webster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users