Palladio Mall

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#196 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:56 PM

"Whole Foods did not pull out, but I believe they renegotiated both the later opening date as mentioned, as well as a scaled down store. It was a corporate goal around a year ago (right before the Roseville store opened) to scale down any proposed stores that still had the ability to be scaled down."

Within the past week, I was at both the Roseville & Sacramento Whole Food's. Both times, employees went out of their way to tell me that Whole Foods would be opening soon in Folsom, yet when I pushed for more info, they could not provide it.

I was in the Roseville store on a Thursday night & the Sacramento store on a Sat night - they were both busy with what seemed an excessive amount of shoppers. It was quite different than the near-empty grocery stores I see in Folsom during the same evening hours. I don't see how Folsom can support a Whole Foods Market especially when the main shopping seems to occur on the weekends. Can a weekend worth of sales carry a store? Every grocery store I've visited (all in Folsom, except Winco, & Wal-mart doesn't count in my opinion) are empty after 6-7 pm.

I like Whole Foods for the variety & the hormone-free meat. I don't care to pay the high price for organics though. I do believe that their quality is superior to the other grocery stores in the Sacramento/Folsom area. Raleys /Bel-Air is the worst, not just high prices, but the produce seems to be on the brink of rotten & spoils within a day or two of purchase. I've noticed this since I moved to Sacramento 6 years ago. I'm now seeing rotten, moldy fruit in the stores (Raleys, Safeway, Save-Mart, BUT never at WF or Nugget), and the clerks are always surprised when I tell them.... It seems that produce spoils quicker since I recently moved to Folsom. Is this my imagination? Or....could it have something to do with Aerojet, or just a change in buying practices of the grocers??

#197 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

"Whole Foods did not pull out, but I believe they renegotiated both the later opening date as mentioned, as well as a scaled down store. It was a corporate goal around a year ago (right before the Roseville store opened) to scale down any proposed stores that still had the ability to be scaled down."

Within the past week, I was at both the Roseville & Sacramento Whole Food's. Both times, employees went out of their way to tell me that Whole Foods would be opening soon in Folsom, yet when I pushed for more info, they could not provide it.

I was in the Roseville store on a Thursday night & the Sacramento store on a Sat night - they were both busy with what seemed an excessive amount of shoppers. It was quite different than the near-empty grocery stores I see in Folsom during the same evening hours. I don't see how Folsom can support a Whole Foods Market especially when the main shopping seems to occur on the weekends. Can a weekend worth of sales carry a store? Every grocery store I've visited (all in Folsom, except Winco, & Wal-mart doesn't count in my opinion) are empty after 6-7 pm.

I like Whole Foods for the variety & the hormone-free meat. I don't care to pay the high price for organics though. I do believe that their quality is superior to the other grocery stores in the Sacramento/Folsom area. Raleys /Bel-Air is the worst, not just high prices, but the produce seems to be on the brink of rotten & spoils within a day or two of purchase. I've noticed this since I moved to Sacramento 6 years ago. I'm now seeing rotten, moldy fruit in the stores (Raleys, Safeway, Save-Mart, BUT never at WF or Nugget), and the clerks are always surprised when I tell them.... It seems that produce spoils quicker since I recently moved to Folsom. Is this my imagination? Or....could it have something to do with Aerojet, or just a change in buying practices of the grocers??

I've never gotten bad produce at Raley's. Winco, that's another story. You can buy apples there that look okay on the outside but are totally rotten on the inside. Same with the lettuce. I rarely buy meat (especially chicken) there because I've come home with too much that was rancid when opened. It's such a pain to bring it back.

#198 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Winco, that's another story. You can buy apples there that look okay on the outside but are totally rotten on the inside. Same with the lettuce. I rarely buy meat (especially chicken) there because I've come home with too much that was rancid when opened. It's such a pain to bring it back.

I agree. I hate the hassle of returns. I don't like Winco either. I haven't shopped their for years. I remember that they injected their poultry with water to fatten it up. It is very inexpensive, but also very low quality. Plus, I don't eat all that pre-packaged processed food. Some do, I don't.

My brother has raved about Raley's for years. I don't get it. Good thing we are all different & there is something for everyone. It'd be pretty boring otherwise. :D:

#199 magahai

magahai

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

I have a friend that works for SD Deacon the contractor that is building the Palladio and he says it is getting shut down. I have not seen anything official on this so I am just taking his word. That is going to look real pretty sitting there for a while.

Palladio versus San Francisco Bay Bridge ... which will be completed 1st ?

#200 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

I agree. I hate the hassle of returns. I don't like Winco either. I haven't shopped their for years. I remember that they injected their poultry with water to fatten it up. It is very inexpensive, but also very low quality. Plus, I don't eat all that pre-packaged processed food. Some do, I don't.

My brother has raved about Raley's for years. I don't get it. Good thing we are all different & there is something for everyone. It'd be pretty boring otherwise. :D:

Funny, I shop at Winco every week and I have never had rotten produce. If you buy foster farms chicken at Winco, it is not plumped. Foster Farms doesn't inject their chicken with saltwater. I'm sure I can find plumped chicken at almost any grocery store, the cheapest is going to be plumped. At Winco I can get a loaf of bread for <$1, Raley's is like 3 bucks. C&H sugar is C&H sugar no matter where you buy it, same with Gold Medal Flour, or Arm & Hammer baking soda. But ya know what, it's cheaper at Winco. Same goes for Morton Salt.
I would rather be Backpacking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users