Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Feb 27 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how?

I've been to one pro baseball game, it was the most boring game I ever attended.
little league & high school I find is far more entertaining. I' haven't seen the rivercats, but I've heard their games are more like Amateurs, where you get more action than you do in the pros.

I saw the Dodgers vs. Giants in SF many years ago, it was 3 up 3 down all the way to the 7th inning stretch. 8th inning a run scored, 9th inning, game over. Biggest waste of money & time I ever spent expecting to be entertained.

My favorite games to watch was in the USAF in Korea, our squadron had an OK team, but quite often we would hang out to watch the next game, then cheer on every bad call made by the refs. " Yea!!! Referee!!!, Great Call!!!! Whistle!!!!!!" lmao.gif
I would rather be Backpacking

#17 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Feb 27 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how?

They seem to screw up more. Less about "did they throw it perfectly" and more "what was he thinking?"

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#18 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Feb 27 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been to one pro baseball game, it was the most boring game I ever attended.
little league & high school I find is far more entertaining. I' haven't seen the rivercats, but I've heard their games are more like Amateurs, where you get more action than you do in the pros.

I saw the Dodgers vs. Giants in SF many years ago, it was 3 up 3 down all the way to the 7th inning stretch. 8th inning a run scored, 9th inning, game over. Biggest waste of money & time I ever spent expecting to be entertained.

My favorite games to watch was in the USAF in Korea, our squadron had an OK team, but quite often we would hang out to watch the next game, then cheer on every bad call made by the refs. " Yea!!! Referee!!!, Great Call!!!! Whistle!!!!!!" lmao.gif

ah! you're looking for comedy relief.... yeah amateur teams are much more entertaining in that respect

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#19 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ Feb 27 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They seem to screw up more. Less about "did they throw it perfectly" and more "what was he thinking?"

I get it, you guys are looking for the screw ups, comedy relief, not the sport.

are the river cats the bad news bears of today?

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#20 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Feb 27 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That wasn't what I meant, typically there is more action with amateurs. The can play a good game, but as the pitching isn't as well tuned, with more base hits, comes more in field play. 3 strike outs in a row is just plain boring, 42 is even worse. That's my experience.
I would rather be Backpacking

#21 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (davburr @ Feb 27 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's like watching Formula 1 from the stands or a Roseville dirt track race. It's still sport, but so much better to be up in the action, for far less cost, and more exciting! I don't follow any teams, don't have time to pay attention to the Jr High School career up and comers, I just want to see some competition!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users