• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 sky

sky

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:05 PM

On October 16, 2008 I went into Lowes, located at 2250 Lake Washington Blvd, West Sacramento, CA to see if they could match the paint to what I have in my living room, which is beige and spoke with an associate in the Paint Dept.. I was assured he could match the paint. After taking the paint home and painting the wall I was trying to match I noticed the color wasn’t even close to the rest of the living room. I took the paint back to the store and again I was told by a different associate the color that had been mixed was wrong and that he could however mix the correct color. I again took the paint home and again painted the wall and again the paint was not only wrong, but further away from the color I was trying to match than the first can. I again took the paint back to the store and again was assured that they could match the color and again they couldn’t.

After painting the same wall three times with no success from Lowes I decided to go to Kelly-Moore in West Sacramento. They matched the paint perfectly the first and I am very happy with the results, but not with Lowe’s, not only because of all the work they had me doing in painting the same wall over and over, but the attitude of the store manager when I explained the problem.

I went back into the store October 26th at approximately 6:P.M. and asked to speak with the store manager. I was greeted by a young man and I explained the problem I had experienced with the paint and told him that since I had spent so many hours painting the same wall over and over because of the inability of Lowe’s staff to match the color after being assured they could I felt I should be compensated for my time. He asked me what I had in mind. I told him I was also there to pick up a new fireplace screen I had order and I showed him the receipt of $231.66 and asked him if he could adjust the price. His reply was just a flat, “NO”.

I then said, “then I could cancel my order and go over to Home Depot and purchase the fireplace screen from them couldn’t I?” His reply was, “THAT’S RIGHT.” Being unhappy with his attitude I then asked the name and address of Lowe’s C.E.O. and he told me he didn’t know who that was, but gave me the main offices phone number.

Well, I didn’t cancel the order for the fire place screen although I felt the store manager didn’t care if I did or not.

I sent a letter to Robert Niblock, Lowe's C.E.O. and his office didn't have the courtesy to reply. Instead they notified the store and told them to call me, which they did. While I was at work two phone messages were left on my home answering machine. One message was from the store manager and the other from their district manager. Both leaving the same message, "THEY WOULD CALL ME BACK REGARDING MY COMPLAINT." They never called back. After waiting a considerable time I sent another letter to Lowe's C.E.O. and again I received the same messages on my recorder.

Now I have cancelled my Credit Card with Lowe's Companies and I will never set foot in one of their stores again. My friends and neighbors all saw what Lowe's put me through and the feel the same way.

DON'T LET THEM DO THIS TO YOU.

#2 a little bean

a little bean

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (sky @ Mar 3 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On October 16, 2008 I went into Lowes, located at 2250 Lake Washington Blvd, West Sacramento, CA to see if they could match the paint to what I have in my living room, which is beige and spoke with an associate in the Paint Dept.. I was assured he could match the paint. After taking the paint home and painting the wall I was trying to match I noticed the color wasn’t even close to the rest of the living room. I took the paint back to the store and again I was told by a different associate the color that had been mixed was wrong and that he could however mix the correct color. I again took the paint home and again painted the wall and again the paint was not only wrong, but further away from the color I was trying to match than the first can. I again took the paint back to the store and again was assured that they could match the color and again they couldn’t.

After painting the same wall three times with no success from Lowes I decided to go to Kelly-Moore in West Sacramento. They matched the paint perfectly the first and I am very happy with the results, but not with Lowe’s, not only because of all the work they had me doing in painting the same wall over and over, but the attitude of the store manager when I explained the problem.

I went back into the store October 26th at approximately 6:P.M. and asked to speak with the store manager. I was greeted by a young man and I explained the problem I had experienced with the paint and told him that since I had spent so many hours painting the same wall over and over because of the inability of Lowe’s staff to match the color after being assured they could I felt I should be compensated for my time. He asked me what I had in mind. I told him I was also there to pick up a new fireplace screen I had order and I showed him the receipt of $231.66 and asked him if he could adjust the price. His reply was just a flat, “NO”.

I then said, “then I could cancel my order and go over to Home Depot and purchase the fireplace screen from them couldn’t I?” His reply was, “THAT’S RIGHT.” Being unhappy with his attitude I then asked the name and address of Lowe’s C.E.O. and he told me he didn’t know who that was, but gave me the main offices phone number.

Well, I didn’t cancel the order for the fire place screen although I felt the store manager didn’t care if I did or not.

I sent a letter to Robert Niblock, Lowe's C.E.O. and his office didn't have the courtesy to reply. Instead they notified the store and told them to call me, which they did. While I was at work two phone messages were left on my home answering machine. One message was from the store manager and the other from their district manager. Both leaving the same message, "THEY WOULD CALL ME BACK REGARDING MY COMPLAINT." They never called back. After waiting a considerable time I sent another letter to Lowe's C.E.O. and again I received the same messages on my recorder.

Now I have cancelled my Credit Card with Lowe's Companies and I will never set foot in one of their stores again. My friends and neighbors all saw what Lowe's put me through and the feel the same way.

As Garfield would say "Big, fat, hairy, deal..." You honestly think that because your paint didn't match, you should get a free fireplace screen? I don't blame you for not wanting to get paint from them again, but come on...Maybe next time, do a test patch smile.gif

#3 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

You painted the whole wall 3 times before you noticed that the color was wrong? wacko.gif Come on, I don't buy it. I would have known there was a problem with the first few brush strokes and waited for that to dry to see what was happening. Sorry but I have had a whole lot better luck with Lowe's than with Home Depot on any number of purchases.

First post on the board and it's a long rant about Lowe's. Once again I don't buy it. boohoo.gif

#4 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Sunshine Services tries to patronize the Folsom Lowes almost exclusively. The entire staff and the management are top-notch, friendly and willing to do whatever they have to do to make us happy. It helps that we spend a lot of money there, but I have also gotten compliments from many of my customers about the customer service at Lowes.

Jeff

When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#5 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:14 PM

was this post in retaliation for the anti home depot one?

#6 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:54 PM

Because the store made a mistake you are entitled to a refund for the paint. Why do you feel you are entitled to discounts on merchandise for your time? This is absurd.

#7 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

Thanks for the timely post. I know I always wait 4 months to post about mis-matched paint. Keep up the good work!
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#8 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (folsombound @ Mar 3 2009, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You painted the whole wall 3 times before you noticed that the color was wrong? wacko.gif Come on, I don't buy it. I would have known there was a problem with the first few brush strokes and waited for that to dry to see what was happening. Sorry but I have had a whole lot better luck with Lowe's than with Home Depot on any number of purchases.

First post on the board and it's a long rant about Lowe's. Once again I don't buy it. boohoo.gif

We've had a rash of very suspicious first posts lately.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#9 bv1016

bv1016

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Actually, they make it pretty clear there is no returns on custom paint... and clearly it wasn't "obvious" it was a mismatch, because you still purchased and used it so they must not have been that far off.... If you realize before purchasing the color is not right... you are not required to buy it... once you pay it's yours!

I had the person at Lowes spend over an hour trying to match my wall color...After 3 cans of not quite right, I finally purchased the 4th... got it home, tested it on a quarter size section and realized although close... not there... it's under the cabinet now.

I found them to be very accomodating.

#10 sky

sky

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (sky @ Mar 3 2009, 02:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#11 sky

sky

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:46 AM

I see Lowe's Home Improvement Center has all their employees leaving messages and comments stating how wonderful Lowe's is.

I've been told Lowe's holds daily meetings with their staff and one of the issues they discuss is how many pro Lowe's comments they have left a response to negative comments. The truth is they are no better than anyone else. Talk to their former employees and you will see what I mean. They will stop at nothing.

#12 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:17 AM

QUOTE (sky @ Mar 4 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see Lowe's Home Improvement Center has all their employees leaving messages and comments stating how wonderful Lowe's is.

I've been told Lowe's holds daily meetings with their staff and one of the issues they discuss is how many pro Lowe's comments they have left a response to negative comments. The truth is they are no better than anyone else. Talk to their former employees and you will see what I mean. They will stop at nothing.

I am not a current or former employee. Remember that Lowes is a business, they are mostly interested in their bottom line. I think at least the Folsom Lowes does their best to make their customers happy, but you can't make everyone happy all the time. I truthfully can't imagine too many Lowes employees belonging to this forum.

Jeff

When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#13 a little bean

a little bean

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (sky @ Mar 4 2009, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The truth is they are no better than anyone else. Talk to their former employees and you will see what I mean. They will stop at nothing.

Meaning what exactly? They will stop at nothing, until they have complete world domination? They will stop at nothing, until every wall in every home has been re-painted 3 times with mis-matching paint? They will stop at nothing until every forum, in every city, has a positive Lowe's post on it? They will stop at nothing, until they have denied a free fireplace grate to each American?

#14 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:07 AM

Meaning what exactly? They will stop at nothing, until they have complete world domination? They will stop at nothing, until every wall in every home has been re-painted 3 times with mis-matching paint? They will stop at nothing until every forum, in every city, has a positive Lowe's post on it? They will stop at nothing, until they have denied a free fireplace grate to each American?

I'm pretty sure that he/she means "complete world domination". That has to be what Lowe's is after! tongue.gif I'm beginning to suspect that 'Sky' is a Home Depot employee.
I've spent several thousand dollars in the Lowe's in Folsom on paint, lumber, tools, tile and supplies to work on my home in Folsom. I received excellent service and product from Lowe's. I am sure there are exceptions to that but that is my experience. smile.gif

#15 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (folsombound @ Mar 4 2009, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm pretty sure that he/she means "complete world domination". That has to be what Lowe's is after! tongue.gif I'm beginning to suspect that 'Sky' is a Home Depot employee.
I've spent several thousand dollars in the Lowe's in Folsom on paint, lumber, tools, tile and supplies to work on my home in Folsom. I received excellent service and product from Lowe's. I am sure there are exceptions to that but that is my experience. smile.gif

either that or a wayyyy too picky, can never please customer.
<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users