15 replies to this topic

#1 Doug Moore

Doug Moore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

The Sherriff helicopter has been (and still is) flying above our neighborhood for the last 1/2 hour. They're announcing from the air that they're looking for a white man in a black shirt & blue jeans w/long brown hair. They said he was last seen leaving 372 Hansen Circle and described him as a "bad guy." I've no idea what he did but the police searching really vigorously for him.

If you're in Prairie Oaks, I suggest keeping your kids inside and your dog outside for a while. And call 911 if you see anything suspicious.

#2 HappyDaisy

HappyDaisy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:13 PM

I couldn't hear a word they were saying and called the PD. The lady told me the bad guy fled from a stolen car.

Such a bummer to have to stay indoors on such a beautiful day...

#3 Mike123

Mike123

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:20 PM

Just moments ago, the helicopter announced that Folsom police have the suspect in custody, we can come back out of our homes now, and thanked us very much for our help.

I love Folsom :-)

#4 jill z

jill z

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Playing practical jokes, laughing, spending time with friends and cooking good food.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:23 PM

RE: "Such a bummer to have to stay indoors on such a beautiful day..."

I agree but I would much rather stay in where it is safe than potentially coming into contact with a criminal that is desperately trying to flee from the police. When people are fleeing they are desperate and are capable of anything.

I am so thankful that our county has a helicopter unit. They are an incredible asset to the cops on the street. I am also thankful that Folsom has a fast responding police department that helps us when we are in trouble.

That helicopter can circle my house anytime because I know that if it is there it must be serious. And if it is serious, I want the cops to find who they are looking for. I don't mind the noise so much because it is the price we pay to have a relatively crime free community.
Life is unsure. Always eat your dessert first!

#5 HappyDaisy

HappyDaisy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(jill z @ Feb 16 2007, 05:23 PM) View Post
RE: "Such a bummer to have to stay indoors on such a beautiful day..."

I agree but I would much rather stay in where it is safe than potentially coming into contact with a criminal that is desperately trying to flee from the police. When people are fleeing they are desperate and are capable of anything.

That helicopter can circle my house anytime because I know that if it is there it must be serious. And if it is serious, I want the cops to find who they are looking for. I don't mind the noise so much because it is the price we pay to have a relatively crime free community.

I completely agree! I certainly wasn't complaining about it...just making a comment.

#6 Doug Moore

Doug Moore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE(Mike123 @ Feb 16 2007, 05:20 PM) View Post
Just moments ago, the helicopter announced that Folsom police have the suspect in custody, we can come back out of our homes now, and thanked us very much for our help.

I love Folsom :-)

All I heard was "Thanks for your cooperation." Polite police, wow! I love this area too.

#7 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

Folsom PD kicks arse. Every experience I have had with them has been pleasant.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#8 Mike123

Mike123

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:25 PM

yes, that was a collaboration of city and county police. city of folsom pd on the ground and the county of sacramento was the eye in the sky.

#9 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

And collaboration with the nearby high school. Good job folks.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#10 idunno

idunno

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 08:54 PM

The helicopter and several officers along with two dogs looked for that guy. One of the dogs found him in the wetlands area off of Grover. The guy was up to his chest in water and under a bush....what an incredible dog!!!!

#11 bordercolliefan

bordercolliefan

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,596 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE(idunno @ Feb 16 2007, 08:54 PM) View Post
The helicopter and several officers along with two dogs looked for that guy. One of the dogs found him in the wetlands area off of Grover. The guy was up to his chest in water and under a bush....what an incredible dog!!!!

The variety of jobs that dogs do for us -- and the skill and enthusiasm with which they do them -- is unbelievable. Police dogs... search and rescue dogs... seeing eye dogs... hearing ear dogs... sheepherding dogs... drug sniffing dogs... bomb sniffing dogs... cancer sniffing dogs...

If you believe in God, it's hard not to think that dogs are some kind of incredible, miraculous gift just for us humans...

#12 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:21 PM

Good Doggie.....
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#13 realtor

realtor

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Real Estate, Tennis, Dancing, Travel, interesting stuff and things to do.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:57 PM

My daughter works at Phoenix just down from Folsom HS and I have to say that I'm very grateful the staff at the HS called Phoenix to alert them of the situation. My daughter and the rest of the teachers made sure all the munchkins were inside and secure...not to mention that my baby was secure also. Many thanks to the Folsom HS staff...thinking about others when they could have just done a CYA.

#14 jill z

jill z

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Playing practical jokes, laughing, spending time with friends and cooking good food.

Posted 16 February 2007 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE(HappyDaisy @ Feb 16 2007, 05:41 PM) View Post
I completely agree! I certainly wasn't complaining about it...just making a comment.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest you were. I was commenting more on a general note because I know there have been comments in the newspapers and I beleive on myfolsom.com in the past about the helicopter noise. There is at least one person somewhere in the Natoma Station/Turnpike area that complains everytime the helicopter is helping out. I guess the people who complain just don't understand how important and helpful the eye in the sky is.

Life is unsure. Always eat your dessert first!

#15 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE(realtor @ Feb 16 2007, 09:57 PM) View Post
My daughter works at Phoenix just down from Folsom HS and I have to say that I'm very grateful the staff at the HS called Phoenix to alert them of the situation. My daughter and the rest of the teachers made sure all the munchkins were inside and secure...not to mention that my baby was secure also. Many thanks to the Folsom HS staff...thinking about others when they could have just done a CYA.

The Brighton School at Ernie Sheldon park did the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users