8 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hello I need a pre-cal tutor for my daughter. If you know of a student (the school website has mostly students that have graduated and are on their way to college), please let me know.  

I need a tutor this semester for her for pre-cal, and will need a tutor for the other kid for biology- next semester. 

Thanks.

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Not sure if you are interested in a college freshman based on your post, but my son did a bit of tutoring the past few years and has been considering continuing to do so. He aced his math PSAT and has a full grasp on calculus. PM me if you would like me to arrange a connection.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:37 AM

Not sure if you are interested in a college freshman based on your post, but my son did a bit of tutoring the past few years and has been considering continuing to do so. He aced his math PSAT and has a full grasp on calculus. PM me if you would like me to arrange a connection.

yes I have no problem with college students, can he meet her at the highschool library after school to tutor her?

#4 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

Bump

#5 Lindke

Lindke

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

Hello I need a pre-cal tutor for my daughter. If you know of a student (the school website has mostly students that have graduated and are on their way to college), please let me know.  

I need a tutor this semester for her for pre-cal, and will need a tutor for the other kid for biology- next semester. 

Thanks.

Folsom High School and Vista Del Lago High School have the resources and can partner up your daughter with an on campus student/tutor.     This arrangement will make the meetings easy to schedule for both parties.     My Son took advantage of this resource and it worked out great for both parties.   Check the resources at both Schools.     The school year is still early and more student/tutors will be posting and offering their services. 

Keep checking  because there are plenty of student/tutors.

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Folsom High School and Vista Del Lago High School have the resources and can partner up your daughter with an on campus student/tutor.     This arrangement will make the meetings easy to schedule for both parties.     My Son took advantage of this resource and it worked out great for both parties.   Check the resources at both Schools.     The school year is still early and more student/tutors will be posting and offering their services. 

Keep checking  because there are plenty of student/tutors.

Yes we have checked through the school. They have not put together a list for this year and last years list has students that are now college bound.  Thus the reason we are branching our request out beyond the school. Hopefully we find someone soon. She has to retake a math test.

#7 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

One other resource may be the Kahn Academy.  Also look into CPM math.

#8 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

One other resource may be the Kahn Academy.  Also look into CPM math.

Thanks Olivia. Both of those look like great resources. With my daughters schedule this year, it looks like we may need to find more than one tutor, in order for her to keep her extra curricular and maintain grades. So, we just found one pre cal tutor. We might be looking for a second. They will both get = hours each week. 

#9 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Thanks Olivia. Both of those look like great resources. With my daughters schedule this year, it looks like we may need to find more than one tutor, in order for her to keep her extra curricular and maintain grades. So, we just found one pre cal tutor. We might be looking for a second. They will both get = hours each week. 

Try also a free resource called Master Math.  I don't know if his work goes into Trig, Alg 2 or pre-cal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users