• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

Anyone have a good dentist recommendation?

thanks in advance

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#2 Deanna H

Deanna H

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Apex Dental. We've been going to Dr. Shah for years, and we wouldn't want to go anywhere else. Heck, even the shots don't hurt.

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

I highly recommend Dr. Bianca Yee on Marconi. She and her staff are wonderful, GENTLE, professional, and caring. I know you would like them. Dr. Yee can be reached at 916.492.7886. Please tell them I referred you, Dave.

I've been going to this practice for 23 years. It was originally owned by Dr. Beverly Kodama, who sold it to Dr. Yee. Most of the staff is the same. They are simply wonderful!

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 BuffaloRon

BuffaloRon

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Dave,

Check out Dr. Greg Borrowdale, 983-1100, on E. Bidwell at Woodsmoke, tell him I referred you.

#5 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

I love love love Foothill Smile Designs on Blue Ravine by Taco Loco. High quality work, low key and clam atmosphere, and they use waterlase technology. Check out the technology, Dave, since that kind of stuff is up your alley.

I have had poor experiences at Designs in Dentistry and don't recommend Olson Family Denistry either.

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:03 AM

Mucho thanks for all the recommendations. 

I hate to admit it but I really hate going to the dentist. I think I probably developed a phobia against them when I was a child due to a few bad experiences.  I'm the type now that prefers sedation for any and all dental procedures.

Had a decent dentist in town but he moved away a few years ago and I haven't gone to another since, so it's time to find a new one now.

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#7 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

I hate to admit it but I really hate going to the dentist. I think I probably developed a phobia against them when I was a child due to a few bad experiences.  I'm the type now that prefers sedation for any and all dental procedures.

Had a decent dentist in town but he moved away a few years ago and I haven't gone to another since, so it's time to find a new one now.

I am right there with you Dave and thanks for posting this topic as I may be using one of the recommendations here as well.

Dawn Grove

#8 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm exactly the same way. That why I mentioned a calm environment in my post. They have some great photography in the booths so I just stare at the photo of the Colorado River, listen to their low-key voices and do my best.

Then if they have to do anything, the waterlase means no novacaine, no pain and it's quick. The waterlase limits damage to healthy tooth matter so a small cavity can be taken care of quickly and earlier than with a drill. My daughter once had three tiny spots taken care of with no shots or has and was done in less than five minutes. I had some gum damage repaired without pain, shots or gas.

For the fearful, I can't recommend Dr Djifrodi and Sadri and their staff enough! They have some specials going on now, too. If you go, tell 'em I sent you. Jolene recommended them to me and I have recommended them to lots of others, all whom have been happy with them.

#9 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

The staff at Dr. Yee's is so gentle that I sometimes start to fall asleep during cleanings and they have to nudge me to wake me up so I can open my mouth.

Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#10 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

Dave, we use Dr Ryan Higgins on East Bidwell near Creekside. I was referred to him a couple of years ago, and now recommend him to anyone that asks. I have practically overcome my dentist
phobia since going to his office. This is a great Folsom business.

#11 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 11:48 PM

I was referred to Dr Brent Peterson before I moved to Sacto/Folsom, but I saw at least 5 other dentists before actually saw Dr Peterson. What a mistake! super nice, gentle, reasonable prices, does not try to talk me into unnecessary/expensive treatments, after hours service...I've even seen him on a Sunday afternoon when I popped a crown (not his!). Staff & hygienist are hilarious. One time, the front staff talked me into playing a joke on the hygienist, Brian. It was Halloween, I ate a bunch of black jelly beans just before he called me back. Needless to say, my mouth & teeth were black...HI! we still laugh about it..

Dr Brent Peterson
916-961-5363
On Madison

#12 WolfMom

WolfMom

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Having fun with the family. :-)

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

Okay, the jellybean prank has me wanting to make an appointment! :ROFL:

Dawn Grove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users