29 replies to this topic

#1 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

City Council Agenda Sept 23 meeting;   all items have the number 1, but this is RESOLUTION 9431.

City council is purchasing, financing, borrowing, etc.   Folsom is the BUYER of 32.2 acres of

EPA  SUPERFUND  pollution site No. 980358832,

It is quite a deal:   Aerojet is the SELLER, and developer/agent  Easton Development LLC.

Martha Lofgren is part of the deal too. 

Aeroject is dying to develop its land holdings down there.    This is POLLUTED LAND with HUGE PROBLEMS.

What do the sitting council members up for re-election have to say about this?   

MIND you, the land, polluted,

can never be used for groundwater extraction

encumbered with considerable EASEMENTS for power transmission, and other reasons;

has seasonal wetands on its contaminated land;

and IT IS WILLIAMSON ACT protected --   it is under a state contract to remain farming land.

Price is huge for worthless Superfund site.   

The city  council  is obligating us, as residents, to be responsible for owning and fixing a Superfund site.

Sept. 23, 2014  council meeting is the final signing of contracts -- harmful to residents.

#2 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:15 PM

Who voted this into being? They need to be hamstrung if this is even remotely true. The only persons who should be responsible financially for cleaning up that land ( above and below the top soil) is Aerojet. 

#3 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 05:50 PM

SAME WITH THIS...

Someone needs to get an investigative reporter from one of the TV stations to investigate into these problems.

Any chance of that happening?

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#4 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

SAME WITH THIS...

Someone needs to get an investigative reporter from one of the TV stations to investigate into these problems.

Any chance of that happening?

Camay,

Thank you for posting the city council agenda --  which is how I learned of this at the last minute.

The city is openly under investigation by the CA State Water Resources Control Board.  

Emailed my comments on Resolution 9431, to city, water board, and our US Representative.

You never heard of this because the city council has silently changed the Municipal Code, to claim they can do whatever (buy, sell, develop, mortgage our lives)     -- without any Engineers' Approvals  and without doing a Public Notice to us and all agencies.

This is all accurate.     Ask the city clerk for the email objecting to Res. 9431, which was sent today at about 11 am.   Compare my comments to the Res. 9431 -- it is missing CRITICAL INFORMATION.

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

Camay,

Thank you for posting the city council agenda --  which is how I learned of this at the last minute.

The city is openly under investigation by the CA State Water Resources Control Board.  

Emailed my comments on Resolution 9431, to city, water board, and our US Representative.

You never heard of this because the city council has silently changed the Municipal Code, to claim they can do whatever (buy, sell, develop, mortgage our lives)     -- without any Engineers' Approvals  and without doing a Public Notice to us and all agencies.

This is all accurate.     Ask the city clerk for the email objecting to Res. 9431, which was sent today at about 11 am.   Compare my comments to the Res. 9431 -- it is missing CRITICAL INFORMATION.

Can you post the information here?

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

Can you post the information here?

Comments addressed to council, attorney, clerk, city engineer, and sent to State Water Board Investigators.

PUBLIC Records request to Folsom City Clerk. Resolution 9431 city purchase/credit deal for APNs in EPA Superfund Site (Aerojet)

RESOLUTION 9431  COMMENTS:  As you blithely pass another piece of South of 50 legislation I have several comments about what Public Records I expect you to produce immediately. 
1.   Chapter two of the Folsom Municipal Code has a totally new organizational structure.   The office of City Engineer as an enforcer of Development and Public Infrastructure is no where to found -- even though no Legal Notices were published regarding this abolition and hence zero public hearings were conducted.   Silently you altered the ONLINE version of the Municipal Code.    Without the City Engineer's Enforcement, you think you can make this  horrific purchase with just signed/ NOT SEALED report by Dave Nugen with no mention of City Engineer Krahn.    I know this is in your new "alternative purchasing law."   I reject its legality, and challenge your alteration of the FMC without due process.

2.  Hence there is ZERO Engineering approval for this and the rest of the south of 50 FPA legislation, and this is shown in the incomplete format of Resolution 9431.    Exhibits are missing or absolutely unreadable.   I assume that was your point:   NO ENGINEERING LICENSES are at stake because NO ENGINEER approved/sealed these plans and documents.  (Comment:  city passed the "alternate purchasing law" recently, enabling ANY CITYstaffer to make any purchase.)

3.  There are no Licensed attorney at law certifications.   It appears the city and the city agreed to a transfer of contaminated lands away from the owners/developers, for the sole benefit of the beneficiaries -- owners who will never pay for the mandated infrastructure.    Martha Clark Lofgren is back in the paperwork after her absence from running the city.    Presumably no lawyer for either Aerojet nor the city made a Staff Legal Recommendation because of the nature and contents of this Resolution.    It's about contamination which I do not wish to pay for, yet that is the city's process.

4.   Aerojet is loaning the city money based upon the full faith and credit of the city.    No bonds are involved because the bond rating agencies would notice the TOTAL absence of ENGINEERING and approvals.     Who would finance a municipality purchasing Williamson Act EPA-Superfund lands in the hinterlands?   I do NOT wish to finance this purchase.

5.  The Nugen report states the city will now set about rezoning and repurposing the existing Corp Yard on the river.   But that is obviously a lie because the Aerojet land is part of the tax-deferring Williamson Act restricting the land uses.   The city will not leave the American River because it is a convenience to the city's undersized infrastructure.

6.   Land uses:   Exhibit C itemizes the "neighboring properties" but never discusses the impact on them, nor their usages and land-limitations of relevance.   Did you ever inform the State of CA you were making huge changes to abutting lands?

7.  Exhibit B is TOTALLY MISSING.     Perhaps you never did any environmental studies and you do not wish PG&E, SMUD, and other Easement Holders to know what you are cooking up in dark corners.

8.   Speaking of dark corners, why was there ZERO public outreach regarding the city residents becoming owners of encumbered land of the worst nature --  EPA SUPERFUND land at Aerojet?     Is the city's hidden process more polluted than this Superfund land?

9.  What do PG&E, SMUD and other Easment users State of CA  remark about this land transfer and change of usage?     Were they informed there is a silent change which will impact its Williamson Act status?    Are they concerned about their own staffs and owners?    What will they say about the silent elimination of all City Engineer(s) Seals Certifications and Signatures?   Will they search for the lawyer certification and Staff Report of Ms. Lofgren or Mr. Bruce Cline?    Will they feel their owners interests are put at risk by this unengineered city action?

10.   This land HAS A NEGATIVE VALUE, not almost a million of our dollars. 
What is the value of Superfund land which cannot be touched because of its STATUS under Williamson Act?     What is the cost to residents to abate a Superfund site in the future?   Why are you obligating residents to pay for all this?      What about the FOREGONE ALTERNATIVE USES OF CITY CREDIT AND MONIES for missing INFRASTRUCTURE?

11.   Report states no "city general fund" monies will go toward this messy purchase.    It is easily proved the money will come from the existing city residents through the OMISSION OF CRITICAL PUBLIC WORKS INFRASTRUCTURE OMITTED.    It is easily shown the city LACKS ADEQUATE SANITARY SEWER CONVEYANCES.    There is evidence the city utilizes public waters for excess over the amount which can be contained in the 27" Folsom Blvd. Mainline (sole connection to Regional Sanitation).

12.   Where is proof you submitted this entire mess to any outside engineers?    Did the CA water boards see it?   They have the city under active Investigation, so maybe you should have told them you are planning to add all of the south of 50 raw sewage to the north of 50 existing 27" mainline.    What did Reclamation report about the availability of water studies provided by the city for this land?     They know Measure W required a totally new/different supply than the American River.    Do you think they don't know you extended the city's over-used "water rights" to this 5,000 to 6,000 acres?

13.   Where is evidence the US Representatives and Senators know about this messy deal?    Did you contact any federal agency?   Are you working with the knowledge and consent of any US elected official?    Why not?     Who propelled this messy deal forward during a historic drought?   Do you really believe those opinions of the Folsom City Attorney:  being a "charter city" means Folsom can write its own laws?

14.   Aren't you concerned someone might have noticed your over-riding the usual CA state financing laws for new development, its public infrastructure, and the subdivision laws?    Do you think rushing bulldozers out to vacant land to fill public waters such as ponds and rivers is going to grant you immunity?     Do you think omitting the legal and engineering constraints would have NO IMPACT on any CA Professional Licenses you hold?   Did you think you could subjugate Mello-Roos laws to the law of Folsom CA and actually get away with the messy deals in this Resolution 9431?

PRA Request ACTION:    this Resolution 9431 was just announced as an Agenda Item for city council September 23, 2014 meeting.    

Go ahead and make my day by producing all legal, engineering and FINANCIAL documents PRIOR to council legislating this purchase of NEGATIVE-VALUE SUPERFUND site land.  
Or make the rest of the city's collective lives by PROCEEDING   WITHOUT PRODUCING THE PROOF!

#7 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:18 AM

Superfund Site Overview Aerojet General Corp., Pacific ...
www.epa.gov/region9/ae...
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Pacific Southwest, Region 9: Superfund ... The Aerojet General Corporation Superfund site (site) covers 5,900 acres near Rancho Cordova, 15 miles east of ...

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Thanks for the info... A lot to digest...

#9 TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

Miklos Howell and Morin (and Starsky too) need to be run out of town.

Svzr2FS.jpg

#10 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

Thanks for the info... A lot to digest...

As noted in the candidates topic, events are almost too insane to be believed.     Who would believe the arrogance to change laws, levy new taxation, pass their own tax laws, permit unrestricted spending, to borrow recklessly on our credit, allow development without doing the legal processes, cut out engineering, put sewage in our drinking water, and above all, deprive us of our civil rights to OPEN GOVERNMENT and PROTECTION under the laws.

I've been in legal issues for decades, and NEVER EVEN IMAGINED such brazen, harmful actions.

Camay,  the wacko purchasing for Public Works Projects is Ord.  1181  passed 2014.

#11 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

How can we afford to be buying land and paying for environmental impact studies, lawyers and all that this deal will entail, but can't keep city employees employed in order to care for the city land we already own?

How can we afford to buy jet fuel soaked lands and water tables but can't afford to buy new books for the public library/ without help of 'friends of the library', we cant afford new public safety personal wear gear for our public employees [flak vests for city code enforcement- we do know what happened to the guy in Elk Grove,right?], or to trim back the over population of non-indigenous plants inside the water and swamp protected bird habitats along the 2-3 bike path areas that Folsom has?

Someone please explain to me why those things are being neglected so that we can buy poisoned soil?

#12 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Like I said before, why isn't there a full blown investigation into this ???

#13 maestro

maestro

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

Like I said before, why isn't there a full blown investigation into this ???

There are various types of investigations, by various agencies, & a wide assortment of laws/enforcers.

If you want action --  BE THE SQUEAKY WHEEL!!!!!

Contact these as a start, but state water boards ARE NOT CRIMINAL INVESTIGATORs.   They have a current investigation in process.    They can STOP development by  1.  imposing a sewage connection BAN on the entire city;     2.  Imposing stop, CLEAN UP orders & FINES.   All their remedies are CIVIL, like imposing fines, but they can STOP-WORK in progress.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

You can contact our U. S. Representative Dr. Ami Bera 635-0505, or email his staff who handle these local environment problems.   They can help you, and register your desire for an OVER-ALL solution to this on-going ingrained problem.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

All US citizens are welcome to file online or phone complaints with federal enforcement agencies such as FBI, anonymously.

4500 Orange Grove Avenue
Sacramento, California 95841-4205
(916) 481-9110
sacramento.fbi.gov

SQUEAK OFTEN,  SQUEAK LOUDLY, SQUEAK EVERYWHERE -- ask media for some coverage and comment.

#14 Sandra Lunceford

Sandra Lunceford

Lurker

• Member*
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

After looking over documents on the EPA Superfund website that apply to this particular location, I contacted Alex McDonald, Regional Water Quality Control Board, who has been providing regulatory oversight for Aerojet for as long as I remember.  He stated, and it looks by the documentation, that while this parcel is considered part of the Superfund site, it has never had any Aerojet activities on it. I will try to append more information as it comes in.

#15 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

After looking over documents on the EPA Superfund website that apply to this particular location, I contacted Alex McDonald, Regional Water Quality Control Board, who has been providing regulatory oversight for Aerojet for as long as I remember.  He stated, and it looks by the documentation, that while this parcel is considered part of the Superfund site, it has never had any Aerojet activities on it. I will try to append more information as it comes in.

Aerojet wasn't the only company that was active on that land, was it?   There was also the Cordova Chemical Company.  There is not only groundwater contamination, but also soil contamination.  Wouldn't the City of Folsom then become responsible for remediation if they start moving dirt around for projects and find contamination?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users