40 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:50 PM

So, I'm driving past the pool at Lembi Park today and this lady and her boy are standing right outside the main entrance. She has the poor kid pushed up against the wall, faing the road and she is pulling off his pull-up.

I'm not talking about a tiny little baby. This kid was at least pre-school aged.

Doesn't that sort of hygiene stuff belong in a bathroom?

#2 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

So, I'm driving past the pool at Lembi Park today and this lady and her boy are standing right outside the main entrance. She has the poor kid pushed up against the wall, faing the road and she is pulling off his pull-up.

I'm not talking about a tiny little baby. This kid was at least pre-school aged.

Got to do what you got to do with kids when they do do ...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#3 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:51 PM

Got to do what you got to do with kids when they do do ...

uuhhh-NO.

She had to walk past the bathrooms on the way out of the pool area and then stand in front of the building before decideing to take that wet pull up off that kid--who wasn't wearing anything else.

The right and decent and appropriate thing to do is change the kid in the bathroom, a shower stall, a family toilet room, or even to go out to her car and do it there.

But I dont see the point of doing it in the car since it was a dripping wet pull-up fresh out of the pool.

#4 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

uuhhh-NO.

She had to walk past the bathrooms on the way out of the pool area and then stand in front of the building before decideing to take that wet pull up off that kid--who wasn't wearing anything else.

The right and decent and appropriate thing to do is change the kid in the bathroom, a shower stall, a family toilet room, or even to go out to her car and do it there.

But I dont see the point of doing it in the car since it was a dripping wet pull-up fresh out of the pool.

You were able to ascertain all these details while you were DRIVING by the pool that you despise? You must drive really slowly or are embellishing something. When I drive past that area it's pretty busy and I don't have time to spy all these details that you do!

#5 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

she might be english or from another country that isn't that weirded out about young kids changing in public.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#6 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

You were able to ascertain all these details while you were DRIVING by the pool that you despise? You must drive really slowly or are embellishing something. When I drive past that area it's pretty busy and I don't have time to spy all these details that you do!

Wendy's parking lot.

Are you having a lovely day, trying to antagonize someone? Good for you. And no, I don't hate the pool. That's stupid, it's an inanimate object. I do however think that you have completely misunderstood my objections, or choose to not read the entire post and therefore are ignorant in what my stated objection is. Teaching children it is ok to hang their willie in public will lead to inappropriate mentality as the child gets older.

That child is not be treated as though his privacy is a concern of the people who are charged with his care. I said nothing of this being the fault of the pool.

#7 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Wendy's parking lot.

Are you having a lovely day, trying to antagonize someone? Good for you. And no, I don't hate the pool. That's stupid, it's an inanimate object. I do however think that you have completely misunderstood my objections, or choose to not read the entire post and therefore are ignorant in what my stated objection is. Teaching children it is ok to hang their willie in public will lead to inappropriate mentality as the child gets older.

That child is not be treated as though his privacy is a concern of the people who are charged with his care. I said nothing of this being the fault of the pool.

Oh I've read your objections and opinions and find them absurd. And your OP said driving by, not hanging out in Wendy's lot scoping out the pool. You tend to leave out these little details, you'd make a difficult witness on the stand.

If you aren't against the "pool" then change your sig line.

#8 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Oh I've read your objections and opinions and find them absurd. And your OP said driving by, not hanging out in Wendy's lot scoping out the pool. You tend to leave out these little details, you'd make a difficult witness on the stand.

If you aren't against the "pool" then change your sig line.

How about taking your objections to the other thread, and stick to the subject of this thread?

#9 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:07 PM

Maybe you should have the kid locked up for indecent exposure. You know that pool breeds pedophiles and all.

#10 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:47 AM

Maybe you should have the kid locked up for indecent exposure. You know that pool breeds pedophiles and all.

I was thinking more like that poor kid is being groomed that it is ok for everyone except a special someone to have access to his private life.
When parents do not guard those rights until the child is old enough to make those decision, that is when you must wonder if the parents are part of the problem in socienty, in inadvertently giving perverts access or an opportunity with those children.

You may not like hearing it--but this kid deserves to be treated better. Would you have treated your child in this careless manner?

#11 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

I think you have issues Supermom and that you are very paranoid.I have no idea if you were a victim of something indecent, or you have watched too much news. Not everyone or even most people are sickos just b/c you are hypersensitive to anything you don't deem normal. Just b/c you don't think something is normal, doesn't mean it's indecent or illegal or even just poor taste. You definitely have a hang-up and this is why teachers/coaches and any other person that works with children are paranoid about parents like you b/c you read something sinister in the most innocent situations. Just b/c a parent is changing their preschool child in public (3 years or younger I assume since they are wearing a pull-up) doesn't make them anything but a normal person, perhaps not a modest person, but not a sicko. Are there crimes everyday committed by people in positions of power? Yes, but does it mean that most people are like this, no!
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#12 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just wondering how this would compare for you if the mother was breastfeeding in public...

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#13 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Well, in the first place, I’ve never understood the idea of a child who needs a diaper being able to swim in a public swimming pool. I would think that would be highly unsanitary. What if they had a bowel movement in the pool? I certainly wouldn’t want to be in that pool when that happened!

As for the action of this mother, who pulled off the child’s diaper, and THAT is what Super Mom was talking about....there is a time and place to do such things that most of us considerate people practice. There ARE changing tables in bathrooms and even getting behind her car door to do this would have been a better idea, if possible. And they DO have changing rooms at the public swimming pools, or used to.

Depending on the child’s age, and I’m assuming that IF the child needed a diaper, he was not that old, he still had a right to some privacy. What if some older child would have pointed a finger at him and laughed? Think that might have some long term effects on the child’s emotional well being? I think it would.

Come on people, you may not agree with everything that Super Mom says on this board, but there is no need to attack her for her opinion. Which she is entitled to.

You all are entitled to your opinions too, but there’s no need to get snippy about stating them and you can do so, without attacking someone.

Show some class....be considerate, that’s all she was saying.

Geeez! :blink:

#14 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Well, in the first place, I’ve never understood the idea of a child who needs a diaper being able to swim in a public swimming pool. I would think that would be highly unsanitary. What if they had a bowel movement in the pool? I certainly wouldn’t want to be in that pool when that happened!

As for the action of this mother, who pulled off the child’s diaper, and THAT is what Super Mom was talking about....there is a time and place to do such things that most of us considerate people practice. There ARE changing tables in bathrooms and even getting behind her car door to do this would have been a better idea, if possible. And they DO have changing rooms at the public swimming pools, or used to.

Depending on the child’s age, and I’m assuming that IF the child needed a diaper, he was not that old, he still had a right to some privacy. What if some older child would have pointed a finger at him and laughed? Think that might have some long term effects on the child’s emotional well being? I think it would.

Come on people, you may not agree with everything that Super Mom says on this board, but there is no need to attack her for her opinion. Which she is entitled to.

You all are entitled to your opinions too, but there’s no need to get snippy about stating them and you can do so, without attacking someone.

Show some class....be considerate, that’s all she was saying.

Geeez! :blink:

Well said dudette! I'm thinking that it was especially disgusting if the diaper was full - gnarly!

Kinda ironic reading asbestosbabe going off on supermom when AB has posted some pretty crazy comments herself... Pot meet kettle

#15 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Most pools require pool safe diapers or pull ups. Not sure what the policy is at the Folsom pool. One of the most common occurances AT the pool is when a infant or toddler gets out of the pool the diaper is changed at pool side. How is this any different ?

-Margaret Mead-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users